Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    Challenge accepted.

Assassin's Creed

I win.
    Herm...is that movie even out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Herm...is that movie even out yet?
    Some have seen it. It is pretty much universally trashed on though. I have not seen a single person like it yet.

Name one videogame movie as good as Warcraft.
    Silent Hill.

Silent Hill is in my opinion the only objectively good video game movie. I liked the Warcraft movie, but that was due to heavy fanboy-bias.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    Challenge accepted.

Assassin's Creed

I win.
    Oh boy, you definetely didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Silent Hill.

Silent Hill is in my opinion the only objectively good video game movie. I liked the Warcraft movie, but that was due to heavy fanboy-bias.
    I liked Silent Hill but was incredibly dark and gory. But good movie non the less.

I uderstand the disappointment about Warcraft because it could be something not short of amazing, we are all used to Blizzard presenting stuff with incredible quality.
    But come on, the movie was not that bad. It was actually decent. People were just expecting Lord of the Rings quality of a movie i'm sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Eh, I think there would have been quite some stuff below that still. Doom comes to mind.
    Doom had it's enjoyable moments. If you want the really bad stuff go for the Uwe Boll Films: Alone in the Dark, Bloodrayne, Dungeon Siege and Far Cry.

That is complete insanity.
    Is there any question whatsoever that Warcraft is the best videogame movie of all time?

Name one videogame movie as good as Warcraft.
    What is the measuring stick? Gross income or just a good movie by opinion? I thought Prince of Persia was just as good as Warcraft. The original Mortal Kombat wasn't that bad for it's day. Tomb Raider alright I consider them all equal to Warcraft.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-12-24 at 03:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Doom had it's enjoyable moments. If you want the really bad stuff go for the Uwe Boll Films: Alone in the Dark, Bloodrayne, Dungeon Siege and Far Cry.
    I think Doom had it's enjoyable moments but overall was a bad movie.
    But the FPS scene was amazing and unique AND it was veery smart what they did with the actor The Rock Dwayne Johnson.
    Everyone was expecting him to be the main hero and out of nowhere he is killed and before he dies he says "i'm not supposed to die"

LOL that was hilarious and very smart. I wish i could say it was a good movie

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Eh, it had some few moments but overall it was a terrible movie, an awfully directed Alien/Predator rip off mostly boring at first and mostly a mess later.

Plus, it performed very horrendously at the box office.

- - - Updated - - -

But the FPS scene was amazing and unique
    Personally I really hated it. That's the exact kind of stuff I don't want to see in a movie, I don't care if your movie is based on a FPS.

AND it was veery smart what they did with the actor The Rock Dwayne Johnson.
    And I didn't like that as well, mostly because it came out of nowhere. Maybe the most abrupt character shift ever. He was relatively normal for most of the movie and then BOOM full psycho.

The very last part of the movie didn't make any fucking sense overall. It was a mess.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    And I didn't like that as well, mostly because it came out of nowhere. Maybe the most abrupt character shift ever. He was relatively normal for most of the movie and then BOOM full psycho.

The very last part of the movie didn't make any fucking sense overall. It was a mess.
    His character shift was explained in the film. There was a genetic vulnerability to evil most people have there, so the more contact they had with the monsters, the more they turned themselves.
    That's the thing that made Carl Urbans character special because his genom was different and therefore those super mutation stuff didn't turn him into a Monster, like the rest, but only gave him superhuman strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    His character shift was explained in the film. There was a genetic vulnerability to evil most people have there, so the more contact they had with the monsters, the more they turned themselves.
    That's the thing that made Carl Urbans character special because his genom was different and therefore those super mutation stuff didn't turn him into a Monster, like the rest, but only gave him superhuman strength.
    I had the terrible idea of watching this movie a couple of times but I don't remember anything about constant "contact" with the infected creatures doing anything to people, only that this alien virus of sort developed different results based on the inclination to either good or evil. And I'm fairly sure The Rock's character got himself infected later on, just before the FPS scene.

Merry Xmas, guys!

And do not feed the Trolls.

Meanwhile, Ghostbusters sold more disks in its first week than Warcraft in three. We can assure that predictions of massive home video profits haven't fulfilled.

Deleted
    I see the greench is here...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Meanwhile, Ghostbusters sold more disks in its first week than Warcraft in three. We can assure that predictions of massive home video profits haven't fulfilled.
    Ghostbusters is the worst movie i have ever seen. Got famous only because of feminists and good reviewers afraid to piss off feminists.
    Pure garbage. Waste of tape. An abomination.

Merry Christmas ^_^

Talking about other video game into movie adaptions, I really liked the Street Fighter movie despite being so cheesy. And the first Silent Hill was pretty good. I'm not sure if I would call Warcraft the best video game movie, but its not like it would mean that much anyway. Haven't seen the new Assassin's Creed yet, doesn't look that good as far as I saw.

So far as I've seen Warcraft has gotten 1 win and 2 nominations. It got nominated in ''Outstanding Achievement in Animated Effects in a Live Action Production'' and ''Outstanding Achievement in Character Animation in a Live Action Production'' in the Annie Awards, and it won ''Worst Film of the Year'' in the SLFCA Award. About the awards I expected, although I expected to see a lot more for this movie.

Have we ever heard anything new from Duncan by now?

So, a clarification from the folks that own this on blu-ray, the extra footage is *not* woven into the movie, correct? It's just provided as completely separate content?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    So, a clarification from the folks that own this on blu-ray, the extra footage is *not* woven into the movie, correct? It's just provided as completely separate content?
    I don't own it but I'm 99,9% sure that's the case. I saw most of those scenes and some have not polished or even finished CGI.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I liked it. The kids also enjoyed it (my two daughters and my two nephews). I've seen a lot of movies in my years, and I wouldn't say it's the worst.
    I felt emptiness and all i did was a derp face through the entire movie.
    Not even once it made me smile and that's hard because i smile easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread still going? Everytime I come here I half expect it to be bumped because a sequels is to be announced.... I can only hope I guess....

Just get blizzards cinematic team make a movie, a'la Kingsglave and make it for the fans only, straight to DVD,blue-Ray. The problem is the movie was made to try and cater to fans and casual audiences while in the meantime both those demographics suffered, while I thought the movie was pretty good from a fan perspective I totally am not against people saying differently.

Maybe even make a Warcraft series. After watching the Warcraft movie I feel it probably needed 10 movies just to explain the first War xD
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance