Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Guess they need to start building better boats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Welp, they should have stayed on their side of the world, shouldn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    How?
    There are two ways to stop it, One is to replace their current shitty boats, with good boats - In essence to ship them over, which wont at all trigger a new wave of people rushing to reach Libya.
    Or the other, to ship them back, or if they reach Italy, fly them back.
    As long as there is a pot of gold at the other end, plenty of people will sign up for a lethal lottery with a, relatively speaking, very low chance of death.
    So long as Europe keeps being comparatively successful, it'll remain a pot of gold. Long term, Maghreb (down from Mauritania up to Libya) needs to become a sufficiently desirable place to stay. How we achieve that is through investment. Exactly the same thing northern countries in the EU do with southern ones: divert funds to make them a decent place to stay, live, thrive, buy German cars, and cultivate the skills and education necessary to be productive when and if some of them want to migrate north seeking a better economic standing.
    This investment can be partially funding their energetic independence, or any other infrastructure, be it water, schools or internet. And it should seek collaboration in prosecuting smugglers, as well as supporting their actions against global threats like terrorism and crime in the Sahel.

In the meanwhile, we collect them and bring them to safe harbor. What we do with them after they land is go through our byzantine emigration and asylum systems. If you propose we fly them all back, seeking arrangements like the one we have with Turkey, or whatever, that's something we can debate. Though, we'd probably clash on our opinions, but that's beyond the point: it's a measure any sovereign state can take.
    What I'm fundamentally opposed to is rhetorically shielding anti-immigration measures as being humanitarian. Turning boats back is not humanitarian in the slightest.
    Last edited by nextormento; 2016-12-24 at 04:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    There is no reason to leave Tunesia, Marokko, Algeria and many more African countries or Turkey.
    can't even spell Morocco and Tunisia

talks about it and lectures people like he is an expert

fuck this mentality, really

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    West created? Should go back to school and learn about how Earth changes constantly.
    yeah right i assume your school also teached you about flat earth and how satan created dinausaur fossils

10+ Year Old Account
    Forums rules dissalow religious thread but fascistic threads, blaming the dead and provoke murder as a solution are fine.
    MMO offtopic never stop to amazes me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Guess they need to start building better boats.
    obviously western europe should fund construction of a bridge between north africa and italy
    dragonmaw - EU

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    can't even spell Morocco and Tunisia

talks about it and lectures people like he is an expert

fuck this mentality, really

yeah right i assume your school also teached you about flat earth and how satan created dinausaur fossils
    Claims the poster can't spell. Uses the word "dinausaur"

From the spelling of the countries I would deduce the poster is dutch.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    letme guess you are one of those who support fighting terrorist by changing colour of profile pic on fb or draw with crayons on streets instead solid lead bullet dipped in pigs blood to the head ?
    Pardon my french, but only a dumbass thinks this makes any difference. An omniscient, omnipotent deity like the Abrahamic God isn't dumb enough to deny Muslims entry into their heaven because their enemies made them touch pigs blood. They're even allowed to eat pork under Islam in order to save their lives, because God knows what is in their hearts.

It's an insult to God (yes, it's the same God) and basic reasoning skills.

Quote Originally Posted by superblink View Post
    did you hear of a wall its called construction mate
    A wall isn't going to be enough in most cases, and the costs of managing this afterwards is going to exceed the costs of simply handling it now. Plus, the people who spent the last 2 decades funding doubt campaigns on climate change can go fund their own walls. Because fuck them if they want to spend the public's money after misleading them for decades.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    West created? Should go back to school and learn about how Earth changes constantly.
    Are you being pedantic and missing the point, or are you one of the ones that seriously thinks natural climate change means humans can't also cause climate change?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

left has blood on our hands? really thats the dumbest thing i haved seen all day and i have seen a few really dumb nut things already today. If anything it proves that the free immigration etc etc etc right wing nonsense that the far right is presenting on a daily basis is nothing but lies since 5000+ people died crossing the sea this year alone. really that proves that the free mass immigration the right is constantly crying about doesnt exist since if it did why would we have these 5000+ deaths.

And we have already seen compassionate right wingers in this thread saying it was no real loss of life anyway.

Honestly, it's probably better they die at sea than come to our countries and kill us. And yes I know they're not all rapists and murderers, but why would you knowingly let any of them in knowing the above average number of rapist and murderers they bring.
    Last edited by prwraith; 2016-12-24 at 06:17 PM.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh this boils down to lack of warning labels on old rickety boats. It's a shame in the respect to loss of human life; but Europe's probably better off.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    what will you guys say when sea levels rises because of climate change the west created and you're now faced with another mass immigration crisis ?
    The West did not create climate change, China is now setting globally record high emissions.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-12-24 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    The West did not create climate change, China is now setting globally record high emissions.
    You right, the West is 100% emissions free.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

were those 5000 the christian refugees that the muslim ones were throwing overboard????

I should've stopped reading after cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    And nothing of value was lost. If they had went to FIRST safe country, they would be ok. I have no pity for welfare shoppers.
    This x 10.

Europe has doomed itself.

Its living its final years right now which I feel blessed to witness as a fan of history because the rise and fall of nations is always a subject of great interest.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    You right, the West is 100% emissions free.
    I didn't say that, I said China is now the worst offender.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    I didn't say that, I said China is now the worst offender.
    You sad the West did not create climate change and then alluded to China being the sole contributor to climate change. So you kind of did.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

You sad the West did not create climate change and then alluded to China being the sole contributor to climate change. So you kind of did.
    worst =/= sole

7+ Year Old Account
    The West did not create climate change. No China is not the sole emitter.