Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I agree OP, I let my sub run out and don't feel like renewing it because of how boring the RNG grind is. First time I've let my sub run out from boredom, but partially because I don't feel like raiding. I'll probably resub for the Gul'dan raid just because we've been chasing him around forever and I want to see how it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    Why might I ask, are you doing the same quest five times a day?
    I see in trade chat sometimes - people finish ALL the world quests on the map, then whinge about grinding and THEN whinge that there isn't enough quests to complete the emissary quest.

The problem here isn't grinding - because there is none, the problem is some weird OCD variant where people can't stop doing everything on their map as soon as it is there.

Or they can't cope with the idea of having Wardens and a zone emissary up at the same time and doing them together to cut back on effort.

Play smarter guys ...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Order resources a grind? best joke of 2016 unless you actively ignore the ways to get them. Once you are over the hurdle of developing your class hall tree, and maybe the optional upgrading of armor pieces the weekly order resource outflow is very low.

Maybe 12k if you buy all 3 loot coins, AK research and your average follower missions, retrain some troops, and armaments.

Getting 25/50/100 via follower items really helps , as well some classes get even a +100 class hall tree. If you dedicate a follower to that it's really going fast.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    And how many Mythic+ runs have you clocked sir? How much AP have you accumulated? How many bosses in ToV M have you killed?
    I do 2 or 3 M+ runs a week.... I've got to 37th trait point on my weapon, I've not done any mythic raid runs.

Not sure what that has to do with topic at hand.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by pagepro View Post
    We haven't even gotten to the tier raids and already the flaws are showing. The amount of grind that legion created puts any previous expansions to shame. Even netherwing eggs wasn't this bad.

What we are left with Is the player feeling cheated and unsatisfied. I'm staring at 3 million more artifact power until my next trait and I can't help but feeling like I just don't care about this anymore.

Its not fun. Its not satisfying. Its a waste of time.
    Okay first of all, Netherwing was Worse, because at the end it had Sky-races that were the kind of skill-check a person could never complete in a trillion years if they weren't capable of doing so, which existed only after the investment of a grind instead of at its onset, and were pretty much the worst kind of game design to lead players to a task not everyone would be able to overcome in due time, while marching them through a due time grind just to get to that task.

I remember popping noggenfoggers just to help with those. Thank heavens that worked.

Second, the only reason you feel cheated and unsatisfied is because Joe Blow can get Better rewards than you will ever have by having a group of cocksucking friends carry him twice, and even if you had this game for a million years you couldn't overtake that advantage, but the developers have clearly stated as well as demonstrated they intend for that design to continue existing, and while they haven't created true endgame content for invested solo players, they've definitely taken a step in the right direction by providing opportunities which satisfy most players in that respect with the Legion expansion.

That's what you're mad about.

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    But he's already playing Diablo 4: Legion right now.
    RPGs and ARPGs are completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    I know we shouldn't call people fanboys, but fanboy-ism is obvious in this thread. "There has always been grind", "go play another game", "the system is fine, your attitude is the problem" etc etc...

You morons are so absolutely blinded that you don't even realize how retarded you sound. Maybe you have time to grind endless m+ dungeons per week. Maybe you have some weird mental condition that doesn't make you get bored after thousands of world quests. Maybe you are just masochists. But most of the rest of us don't have the time, and we tend to get bored of repetitive content with rewards being pure RNG.

You deserve nothing but loathing.
    DUDE it's a game. If you are loathing people over a game, that's a sure sign that you're losing perspective and need a break. Stop acting like anything in WoW really matters! Other than giving us a way to pass some of our free time, if it's what we're in the mood to do. Do you get mad at people who play chess or checkers?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I see in trade chat sometimes - people finish ALL the world quests on the map, then whinge about grinding and THEN whinge that there isn't enough quests to complete the emissary quest.
    If this is the case, then there's nothing we can do. You can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Do you get mad at people who play chess or checkers?
    OMG - the grind in chess is horrible, I had to move my knight 12 times in one game... the repetition was disgusting. Chess is a horrible game, bloody Chinese screwed up that one.

Deleted
    To be fair every expansion is a repetitive grind. There is a finite amount of content that Blizzard can reasonably produce per expansion/patch and they want to make that content repeatable (which is why we got daily quests and now world quests).

At least with world quests there is considerably more variety than with daily quests, which could literally be the same quests day after day.

If you do not want to repeatedly run the same dungeons and be in the same zones after a certain period of time, WoW is definitely not gonna be your kind of game.

I do believe Blizzard could provide more variety with their quests (i.e. doing different things with the same mobs or providing more objects to collect, things like that) and maybe in the next patch we'll see something like that.

Ultimately I'd rather have stuff to do in WoW than nothing at all. I like knowing I can log in every day and have things to do. Daily heroic, world quests, a few Mythic+ dungeons here and there... you're only bored if you choose to be bored or if you've genuinely lost interest in the game. Even your guild could make a difference there. If you're in an inactive guild or if you're not totally happy with your guild, that's gonna affect your enjoyment of the game far more than world quests would.

I believe Legion has been a success, if anything it's putting me (and maybe many other players) at risk of burnout. I don't consider myself super hardcore, but I do Mythic raiding and therefore I feel obligated to keep getting more and more artifact power as much as I can to make myself as useful as possible for those raids. This is my choice and nobody forces me to do it, but I can understand why anybody who wants to be even vaguely competitive is feeling that pressure to grind as much AP as possible.

That's a slightly different subject though. Mainly I believe Legion has been a success because the world quests do actually encourage us to go outside of a capital city and do stuff. That was one of the chief complaints of WoD - that we didn't have anything like that to do. Blizzard definitely addressed it for Legion - probably even a little too well, haha.

It does, because a lot of players chain M+
    As I said - you can always choose to impose grind upon yourself if you want .... however that is a choice, not a requirement or limit of the game.

If I choose to go out and level up from 100 to 110, and farm legendaries by killing boars 24/7 for 8 months - that is a choice.

Please don't confuse your personal choice with the reality that there is no grind required to play the game.

Hey retard, you dont have to grind

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-12-27 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Just because the grind is worse in another game does not make it better in WoW.
    I'm saying that if you're crying about WoW being "too grindy", then you have no idea what a truly grindy MMORPG is.

Please get off the internet you crybaby. We got more than enough of that already.

By the way. Why do you still play if you dislike it so much? Whining baby.

So you're supposed to stop doing what you were doing for 10 years, leave guild, leave friends instead?

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS WORKED PROPERLY IN PAST EXPANSIONS?!?

Do you understand this is NEW, in Legion?
    I'm sure your friends wouldn't abandon you if you couldn't play 24/7
    I mean 3/4 of my guild (including me) are casuals and the guild is happier now than I've ever seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    OMG - the grind in chess is horrible, I had to move my knight 12 times in one game... the repetition was disgusting. Chess is a horrible game, bloody Chinese screwed up that one.
    ikr? I used to play some tournament chess. And lets not even talk about checkers!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

There are good grinds and bad grinds.

Legion has both. The latter cases are something that should be worked upon on following expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    is he ? strange didnt notice that diablo elements - maybe because im focuing on interesting lore each class is bringing to legion and suramar story rather then stupid grinds for 0,5 % power increases and having ton of fun playing WoW : legion

And that's what I don't get. Unless you are a world first mythic guild, why the hell are you grinding so much to get the that little bit of extra power? I'm only raiding casually now (Open raid, once or twice a week for a couple of hours, same core group) and I just finished all my traits on my main weapon. I've cleared heroic EN and I'm just starting this week on Heroic Vault. There is no goddamn way I'm grinding shit, or feeling I need to. It's a game and it's just not that important to me to feel that way.

I am in a mythic guild
    It forces players to spend as much time
    This seems to be the problem. Mythic Guild gameplay does not define the gameby itself. You are not "forced" to do all these things, for once because you don't even need to do Mythic, but also because even doing Mythic I'm pretty sure you can do it without playing 24/7, if you take a more casual approach.

The problem here is that WoW is supposed to be a MMORPG, not an arcade raid simulator (maybe with the exception of WoD :P).

Although personally I think they should've just implemented weekly caps to avoid this (+ a different legndary system), in the end WoW has pretty much been grindy and repetitive to some extent, with the exclusion of WoD, maybe.

But all this can be avoided by simply laying back a bit and taking the game a bit more casually. If you're burningout on your guild's approach to raiding, maybe you could try a more casual/laid-back Mythic guild.

Its a waste of time.
    That's what most games tend to be, even when extremely fun and satisfying.

every expansion since tbc was a shitty grind

with the exception of MoP which was a retarded shitty grind