10+ Year Old Account

What happend to worlds from which Titans awakened?

Any ideas what might happend to worlds, from which Titan awakened actually? Like what happend to world from which Aman'Thul awakened etc.

Deleted
    I think that when a Titan awakens the planet transforms into their moveable body and the ecosystem will probably die out soooo, bad things. Given WoW's main theme has been mortals defying divines, I imagine we'll end up fighting against Azeroth awakening, if not outright killing it's world soul to save our own hides.

7+ Year Old Account
    they live.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Form3r View Post
    I think that when a Titan awakens the planet transforms into their moveable body and the ecosystem will probably die out soooo, bad things. Given WoW's main theme has been mortals defying divines, I imagine we'll end up fighting against Azeroth awakening, if not outright killing it's world soul to save our own hides.
    If we do that, Sargeras would win.

This is like the third thread on this in a short time.

The short answer is: We don't know. There's no answer on this whatsoever.

The long answer is that Titans tend to be champions of life. Shaped by the life and people that dwell on it, and awakened by it.
    I find it very unlikely that a champion of life and order is born in an orgy of destruction. Nor that it would destroy the children that nourished it.
    We don't know what alternatives exist. Does the Titan leave its birth planet a hollow shell when it emerges? Does it reshape slow enough that its inhabitants simply survive and continue life? Does it relocate the life it carries to a new planet, either by flying there, or through its boundless arcane energies?

We don't know. But the Titans made it their job to preserve life in the cosmos, no matter the sacrifices. And while the fate of individuals may be beyond what most can muster empathy for, the fate of species and planets certainly seems to matter to them. Quickly rejecting Sargeras' plan to wipe out all life as monstrous and insane should make that clear. As well as how generous they are in sharing their own power and essence, to place protectors on worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    This is like the third thread on this in a short time.

The short answer is: We don't know. There's no answer on this whatsoever.

The long answer is that Titans tend to be champions of life. Shaped by the life and people that dwell on it, and awakened by it.
    I find it very unlikely that a champion of life and order is born in an orgy of destruction. Nor that it would destroy the children that nourished it.
    We don't know what alternatives exist. Does the Titan leave its birth planet a hollow shell when it emerges? Does it reshape slow enough that its inhabitants simply survive and continue life? Does it relocate the life it carries to a new planet, either by flying there, or through its boundless arcane energies?

We don't know. But the Titans made it their job to preserve life in the cosmos, no matter the sacrifices. And while the fate of individuals may be beyond what most can muster empathy for, the fate of species and planets certainly seems to matter to them. Quickly rejecting Sargeras' plan to wipe out all life as monstrous and insane should make that clear. As well as how generous they are in sharing their own power and essence, to place protectors on worlds.
    I would think it'd be hard to maintain an atmosphere when you're actively moving through space. They could use some type of magic I suppose, but I can't help but feel that'd be a bit of a cop-out. The Titans don't really care about life as much has you say, Alagon talks a bit about the countless worlds bathed in the makers flame. So it doesn't seem all that out of the question that the inhabitants perish, since they have no problem with the sacrifice of life for a greater good.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Bender
    The answer is alcohol? Could it work, keep Azeroth wasted by pouring booze in the Well of Eternity to make Azeroth stay as is, so we get to live on it? But the Well of Eternity was blown up though. Water Nordrassil with alcohol, would that work?

That was great Futurama episode btw.
    Last edited by Santti; 2016-12-25 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    The Titans don't really care about life as much has you say, Alagon talks a bit about the countless worlds bathed in the makers flame. So it doesn't seem all that out of the question that the inhabitants perish, since they have no problem with the sacrifice of life for a greater good.
    Algalon does say that. Though in the latest lore it now states he's assigned to Azeroth, so I'm not sure which other planets he's referring too. Also, the Titans have been dead for ages now.. It's possible he's been pressing the reset button on worlds without the Titans existing to give it their personal judgement.

Regardless, Algalon's purpose is to have Azeroth reoriginated if it becomes a threat to the cosmos. If you consider the cosmos a lifeform, Algalon is to pull the plug if Azeroth shows all the signs of having become a cancer.

The greater good does matter to the Titans. If life on a world has turned to suffering and corruption, they are forced to end it to protect many many other worlds. That's not the same as purposely wiping out your own population. Those who have awakened your spirit with their own. Hell, the Titans even left a method for us to speak to Azeroth. And assuming Magni is indeed speaking to the real Her, she seems rather benevolent, and warned us of the coming of the Legion. And if she speaks to her people, we're definitely not beyond her notice.

Besides, you have to remember the Titans invested a ton in Azeroth. They pumped their own essence into the Aspects and the Keepers. They left behind lots of knowledge. They even tried to merge their souls into the Keepers to become them. To me, that all just sounds like the Titan bursting forth from Azeroth in an orgy of destruction, being unlikely.

Azeroth is even especially powerful. The Other Titans felt she could stand against the Void Lords and any Dark Titans that might crop up. Her magic alone, seems overpowering. If Azeroth awakens, she can do whatever the hell she wants. And I doubt what she wants, is to cause our death.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Any ideas what might happend to worlds, from which Titan awakened actually? Like what happend to world from which Aman'Thul awakened etc.
    I for one want to live on the tits.

Bra.......................vo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I for one want to live on the tits.
    Mount Hyjal and Highmountain, I think.

Anything living on them would be instantly killed when the planet stopped rotating.

10+ Year Old Account
    They keep living because Warcraft is fantasy and not science

Greater good, blah blah blah. Corruption as defined by inorganic beings of god like proportions, flesh being one of those things that they deem a corruption. Titans aren't exactly the friends of mortals, or the Titan safeguards as they are now. But then again the Void Lords aren't any better. They both represent two extremes that suck for everyone caught in the middle. Titans have the 'OUR DEFINITION OF LIFE OR NOTHING' and Void Lords are the 'FUCK IT, YOU DON'T WANT TO PLAY FAIR THEN WE ARE DESTROYING EVERYING'. But now the Titans are dead, we just have Sarg who is of the mind set. Screw it, I'll kill everything and start from scratch. Only to find out that shit world souls keep trying to pop up the universe has to be empty except for the one planet I will create and inhabit. When I'm not out destroying every other world because it might have a World Soul that could be corrupted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Greater good, blah blah blah. Corruption as defined by inorganic beings of god like proportions, flesh being one of those things that they deem a corruption.
    Except this has never been the case. They seed organic life all over the universe. There's even a titan just for life.

Except this has never been the case. They seed organic life all over the universe. There's even a titan just for life.
    There definition of life, I'm not sure how they differentiate between life that is already there and what they seed a planet with. Also what is their stance on sentient life compared to non sentient life.

Given the artwork we've seen of the titans I've been under the impression that the titans themselves are less physical beings shaped from the raw material of the planet that spawned them and more tangible metaphysical projections of the world's essence.

Edit: That does pose kind of a messy question though. If this is the case and the planets carry on independent of their titan... Does the current state of the titan have any effect on the planet itself? What is the state of Sargeras' world after his felfire bath? If we kill him are we dooming every living creature on his world to die?
    Last edited by Isaelyn; 2016-12-27 at 01:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    There definition of life, I'm not sure how they differentiate between life that is already there and what they seed a planet with. Also what is their stance on sentient life compared to non sentient life.
    Eonar The Lifebinder, gentle caretaker of all living things.
    --Warcraft Saga

Eonar serves as patron of all life and nature.
    --Ultimate Visual Guide

Eonar, the Life-Binder, reminded Sargeras that the titans had sworn to protect living things whenever possible.
    --Chronicle

Eonar The Lifebinder, gentle caretaker of all living things.
    --Warcraft Saga

Eonar serves as patron of all life and nature.
    --Ultimate Visual Guide

Eonar, the Life-Binder, reminded Sargeras that the titans had sworn to protect living things whenever possible.
    --Chronicle
    So what about the undead?