Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    7.1.5 was intended to be a mini-patch to fix secondary stat scaling and "broken" class/spec mechanics.

It is currently failing both.

Secondary stats are not being fixed. They're getting nerfed for the average player. Unless you're doing Mythic Raids, your ring/neck in 7.1.5 exists to pad your ilvl.

There really isn't a single class getting a quality of life improvement in 7.1.5, either nerfs or sidegrades that don't fix the underlying broken design that was largely ignored during alpha/beta.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    7.1.5 was intended to be a mini-patch to fix secondary stat scaling and "broken" class/spec mechanics.

It is currently failing both.

Secondary stats are not being fixed. They're getting nerfed for the average player. Unless you're doing Mythic Raids, your ring/neck in 7.1.5 exists to pad your ilvl.

There really isn't a single class getting a quality of life improvement in 7.1.5, either nerfs or sidegrades that don't fix the underlying broken design that was largely ignored during alpha/beta.

Exactly this. Feedback since Alpha has been ignored, so in a hurried attempt they throw 7.1.5 into the mix.

I consider content that we have access to as content that comes with a patch. It's the simplest way to consider it content we receive.

For instance, if you say Nighthold is content that came with the expansion, you can consider something that's mostly all done already, such as Tomb of Sargeras as content they're just holding onto. You can say the stuff they've finished already for the next expansion as content that's just being held off and not something that comes with the patch/expansion. If you say "well, that content is not truly finished", you can say the same for Nighthold as there was testing still being done post 7.1.

So, easiest way to view it is.. "what have you been given access to" as that's straight to the point and really the ONLY thing that matters. Nighthold will feel fresh as we haven't raided it yet.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got the last item I'd been farming recently, and once my time ran out I didn't resub. I'll resub for 7.2 or whatever.

I don't understand why people keep making threads like these. Are you people on the fence for quitting and just looking for like-minded individuals or what? Just quit already. There is nothing of substance here other than a thinly-veiled attempt at whining about the game. Nobody is ever fully satisfied here and it's getting ridiculous.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing except anguish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    I don't understand why people keep making threads like these. Are you people on the fence for quitting and just looking for like-minded individuals or what? Just quit already. There is nothing of substance here other than a thinly-veiled attempt at whining about the game. Nobody is ever fully satisfied here and it's getting ridiculous.
    As opposed to your "thinly veiled" ass-kissing?
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    As opposed to your "thinly veiled" ass-kissing?
    We can't have threads like this without opposing views being dismissed as fanboyism, can we? We're all just supposed to hate the game while still playing it.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    When you look at the list of features coming for 7.1.5, it does look exhausting. But once you actually break it down, you notice that there really isn’t anything substantive, and the one big feature (Nighthold) was just launch content gated for almost half a year since launch, and was tested about a year ago:

1. Nighthold raid – Delayed launch content
    2. Brawler’s Guild – Delayed launch content
    3. Balance changes – Should have been sorted during the beta
    4. Legendary fixes – Never should have made it live as is
    5. MoP Timewalking – Old content once every 2 months

Surely Blizzard isn’t expecting 7.1.5 to last for more than a fortnight, especially for non-raiders? With 7.2 still months away after that, the horizon is looking very grim for Legion. The most disappointing part of all this is that we've been waiting almost 3 months for this patch. I think 7.1.5 is setting up to be the 6.1 of Legion (which also happened to coincide with Blackrock Foundry's release).
    rofl ~ you guys. Sometimes can't tell if you're serious or trolling. New 10 boss raid, but there's no content here. Delayed launch content? Then my guild wasn't supposed to stay busy with EN and ToV these past few months? Because we have. We still haven't cleared Mythic yet, and I think that puts us closer to middle of bell curve that behind it, but hey maybe we don't count in your estimation. As for non-raid world content, we shall see. I am sure there will be some, but I can't give you a list.

- - - Updated - - -

We can't have threads like this without opposing views being dismissed as fanboyism, can we? We're all just supposed to hate the game while still playing it.
    These threads are all about being edgy and full of teen angst. Of course they dismiss those who disagree; it's part of their shtick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I got the last item I'd been farming recently, and once my time ran out I didn't resub. I'll resub for 7.2 or whatever.
    Breaks from the game are good and healthy. Enjoy your time away and we'll see you in 7.2!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    they dont even have to give you a X.X.5 patch at all, 7.1 content + Nighthold (a 10-boss raid with set tier gear) + 7.2 after NH is more than enough

yet they do it anyway

doesnt matter what was held back or not

only thing that matters is a steady stream of continuous content .. which Legion is doing a splendid job of so far
    Enough with this crap. No one is talking about being deserving of anything or as if we're entitled to it.

What difference does it make when they originally planned to release a raid, as long as they release them roughly as fast as we complete them? Which they are doing, for most guilds. Yeah some finish faster and others slower, but overall we have yet to experience a draught of content in Legion the way we have in previous expansions.

If we do get a draught, that could be good too. Real life misses me.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

You're overreacting. OP made a simple thread breaking down 7 1 5 and half of you guys show up getting butthurt feelings over a simple thread. Just relax.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    People on Blizz forums are starting to call 7.1.5: The 'I Quit' Patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    People on Blizz forums are starting to call 7.1.5: The 'I Quit' Patch.
    Hope they dont let the door hit them on their way out... or maybe I do, if it will make them not return.
    The game would be much healthier without the people feeling the need to inform all the goddamned world that they have quit cause of <insert some miniscule reason>.

Want quit? Quit. No need to make a shitshow out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Most of you would see Blizz collapse just for shit and giggles for the pain they provided you throughout all these long, forced years in WoW.
    Nothing so dramatic.
    I still love the world of Warcraft but there are design decisions where I don't see eye to eye with the DEVs and never will do so.
    • the removal of the old animations / not bugfixing the old models
    • their awkwardness about allowing players to fly
    • their obsession with slotmachine RNG in everything
    are examples of that.

Imho it's perfectly fine to discuss these things in forums, after all, that's what forums are there for.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Hope they dont let the door hit them on their way out... or maybe I do, if it will make them not return.
    The game would be much healthier without the people feeling the need to inform all the goddamned world that they have quit cause of <insert some miniscule reason>.

Want quit? Quit. No need to make a shitshow out of it.
    I disagree. Criticism both good and bad is what a game needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Imho it's perfectly fine to discuss these things in forums, after all, that's what forums are there for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I disagree. Criticism both good and bad is what a game needs.
    Have you ever been to the most recent whinefest topics on these boards? They are far from criticism. Noone argues that criticism is bad. But there is a line and recently its mostly crossed.
    Also just because YOU dont like it doesnt mean everyone thinks the same. Many problems here are exeggarated and the whiners feel offended when someone doesnt agree with them, while simultaneously dont even bother agreeing to logical explainations, calling everything fanboism.

I am outraged this 0.5 patch doesn't have new races, a new class, a new world AND 5 new raids! Omg blizzard y u do dis

Isn't 7.1.5 supposed to have battle pet dungeon, or was that 7.2?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    When you look at the list of features coming for 7.1.5, it does look exhausting. But once you actually break it down, you notice that there really isn’t anything substantive, and the one big feature (Nighthold) was just launch content gated for almost half a year since launch, and was tested about a year ago:

1. Nighthold raid – Delayed launch content
    2. Brawler’s Guild – Delayed launch content
    3. Balance changes – Should have been sorted during the beta
    4. Legendary fixes – Never should have made it live as is
    5. MoP Timewalking – Old content once every 2 months

Surely Blizzard isn’t expecting 7.1.5 to last for more than a fortnight, especially for non-raiders? With 7.2 still months away after that, the horizon is looking very grim for Legion. The most disappointing part of all this is that we've been waiting almost 3 months for this patch. I think 7.1.5 is setting up to be the 6.1 of Legion (which also happened to coincide with Blackrock Foundry's release).
    What the fuck are you talking about? Blizzard made it pretty clear what X.X.5 Patches are for. They clearly said that these aren't content Patches, also they didn't ever say that NH is part of 7.1.5 (nor is this delayed Launch Content), the Brawlers guild isn't delayed Launch Content, they never announced that.

I rate your post 1/10, it's shit