Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Balance redemption is already implemented in UI code, but obviously it may be disabled when 7.1.5 is released.

And pretty much all related changes in UI code indicate that both game time and balance redemption will use the same type of WoW Token, the one we have now.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-12-28 at 08:34 AM.

If they were smart they would of put it out before or at same time as the charity pet to increase sales even more. It should be part of 7.1.5 thou.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    If they were smart they would of put it out before or at same time as the charity pet to increase sales even more. It should be part of 7.1.5 thou.
    Nah, they didn't do it during charity promo and discount season cuz they are smart. Discounts end on 3rd/4th of Jan, there'll be no cheap OW, no cheap loot boxes, etc... It'll make token more valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Hopefully it never happens. Blizzard should stop selling gold immediately. It has ruined the game economy. The prices for things like flasks and potions are out of hand.
    Blizzard doesn't sell gold. Its all player gold, one player sells the token to another player for gold through the auction house.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    If we ask ourselves how exactly blizzard can shit on us, you'd realize the new tokens will have nothing to do with the old tokens, and the result being people who wasted their gold buying time tokens suddenly find themselves in a more competitive service token industry, bitching about how the tokens they saved up aren't worth shit anymore.

The massive dump might even cause the tokens people are currently buying to drop to 15k each.
    How does Blizzard implementing a new token make the old ones worth shit? If you buy a token with gold it's yours and as far as I know you can't resell it. If you buy with gold you get 30 days of game time. Not Blizzard's fault if some players anticipate that they would be able to convert previously bought tokens into BattleNET credit. You still get what you bought, 30 days of game time.

Personally I hope that they do it that way, but it seems kinda unlikely.

Hopefully it never happens. Blizzard should stop selling gold immediately. It has ruined the game economy. The prices for things like flasks and potions are out of hand.

nothing to do with tokens , rank 3 is hard to get , less people have it , also no flying = hard to farm .

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Most likely a testing code. Just because the string is in a patch, doesn't mean the feature is.

As for your wish of price.. How cute.. EU is already at 100k+.
    https://wowtoken.info/

Korea and China say hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    https://wowtoken.info/

Korea and China say hi.
    That I know, but they also have way outbound game mentality than what EU and US would've had. I mean, I chuckled when US was complaining about 30-50k tokens..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Blizzard doesn't sell gold. Its all player gold, one player sells the token to another player for gold through the auction house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalodrei View Post
    nothing to do with tokens , rank 3 is hard to get , less people have it , also no flying = hard to farm .
    Do you really believe that? In game inflation was never this bad. I understand that many players don't want to go back to paying cash for their sub, but the impact on game economy shouldn't be in doubt. Blizzard started this gold selling scheme and prices for goods went up what seems like 500%.

That wasn't the Token's fault. That was partly due to the gold inflation a la Garrisons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz slowly fading out after realizing they would lose most of their income from WoW if they implement the planned version

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Blizz slowly fading out after realizing they would lose most of their income from WoW if they implement the planned version
    Care to explain? They're already gaining the value of it + service charge. One could argue it drives more money in.

They still need to figure out if they will use the same token for everything or how they will convert things. The new features they have talked about possibly adding all have different dollar amounts linked to them. What people seem to think makes the most sense is letting you toss 15 doallars into your bnet for each token you buy with gold. Probably what they will do, but there are hurdles along the way. Another issue is many people are capped currently and cannot buy more tokens for awhile. So they will need to remove caps and adjust any new ones if they go that route. Say tight now you can only purchase 36 months of gametime in a 24 month window, you can also only buy 10 tokens in a week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    You dont understand how tokens work. They get extra income from tokens not less. Look at the current version they are having someone pay them 20 dollars for a month of game time rather then the 13 to 15 they would get from the actual player. Tokens are a cash cow and you get way more money up front.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zahgaan View Post
    Care to explain? They're already gaining the value of it + service charge. One could argue it drives more money in.
    There is no argument it makes them 5 to 8 dollars more a month and they get paid in advance of what they would have. You also get people buying game time with tokens that would have let their accounts lapse netting even more revenue.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah gold is just shuffled around just like the AH. I do enjoy the people that think Blizzard is generating new gold from it or even better only taking gold with no real money paid for subs.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2016-12-29 at 05:30 AM.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Do you really believe that? In game inflation was never this bad. I understand that many players don't want to go back to paying cash for their sub, but the impact on game economy shouldn't be in doubt. Blizzard started this gold selling scheme and prices for goods went up what seems like 500%.
    that was due to people mass alt farming garrisons more so than tokens.. if tokens went away i'm pretty sure myself and others would no longer be able to afford raiding, and without time to level alts and the shitastics treatment professions got in Legion i'd be even more SoL. Keep in mine prices also very greatly from server to server, i recently moved my main to a highpop/full server and things are soooooooooooooooooooooo much cheaper. Some enchants on my old server that costs close to 20k sell for a few k on my new one. I hope one day that all servers share an AH and really servers die out and its one big massive playing field for trading, grouping, guild etc.. using a shard based system.

Also if they cut the token off gold selling via 3rd party sites will skyrocket.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    that was due to people mass alt farming garrisons more so than tokens.. if tokens went away i'm pretty sure myself and others would no longer be able to afford raiding, and without time to level alts and the shitastics treatment professions got in Legion i'd be even more SoL. Keep in mine prices also very greatly from server to server, i recently moved my main to a highpop/full server and things are soooooooooooooooooooooo much cheaper. Some enchants on my old server that costs close to 20k sell for a few k on my new one. I hope one day that all servers share an AH and really servers die out and its one big massive playing field for trading, grouping, guild etc.. using a shard based system.

Also if they cut the token off gold selling via 3rd party sites will skyrocket.
    Those problems go hand in hand. You can't point to one and ignore the gold selling scheme blizzard has unleashed. I would rather pay a higher price for the sub than see what's happening to the market continue.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I honestly am very excited for this, I hope that it's implemented soon, but I don't think it will show up in 7.1.5.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Those problems go hand in hand. You can't point to one and ignore the gold selling scheme blizzard has unleashed. I would rather pay a higher price for the sub than see what's happening to the market continue.
    how would paying a higher price for a sub avoid inflation that was caused in WoD?
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Of course. Prices are inflated because people made buttloads of gold through the garrison.

One thing the tokens do in fact change is that gold is more spread around, so that even typically "poor" players can now get gold easily by selling tokens - that overall increases the buying power in the economy, as more people have gold, even if the total gold in the game remains the same.

The key is of course that its totally feasible for this system to work without Blizzard even needing to "sell gold". What good would selling gold do them? What they want is sell tokens, this is what makes them money (even more so then a subscription), and plenty players are happy to use gold to buy tokens, so both people that want gold and people that want playtime can be happy in this system without Blizzard even needing to "sell gold".

You see plenty people everywhere who boast about their "free sub paid with gold", as long as there is plenty of those around, their gold is what goes to the buyers - there is no need for Blizzard to ever fabricate new gold.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2016-12-28 at 05:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    how would paying a higher price for a sub avoid inflation that was caused in WoD?
    Blizzard needs the income from their gold scheme. I'd rather pay more for my sub than have them in the gold selling business. I believe that the gold selling is the reason prices have gone up so much this expansion.

The Garrison had a hand it it, but there was plenty of ways players made massive amounts of gold (jc ore shuffle was my favorite) before garrisons and there wasn't the same inflation in the other expansions.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2016-12-28 at 05:41 PM.

New gold isn't added to the game though. If you sell me a token for gold you get the gold I had. It is no different then the AH being used.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course. Prices are inflated because people made buttloads of gold through the garrison.

One thing the tokens do in fact change is that gold is more spread around, so that even typically "poor" players can now get gold easily by selling tokens - that overall increases the buying power in the economy, as more people have gold, even if the total gold in the game remains the same.
    Legion still rains gold down on people. I mythic raid and run plenty of mythic + dungeons, alway use the top stat food, pots and flasks and I make 20 to 30k gold a week without trying. With anybeffort and the AH it is way more. I honestly don't know what people are doing that talk about not having any gold.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."