Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    because humankind developed in africa..
    NON, 100 000+ years ago, the oceans were lower than today and it's impossible to say that one lieu is the origine if you miss the fact that A LOT of territories are now immersed compared to what it was originally.

So, you are wrong, and afrocentrism needs to die.

the oldest human are several million years old. The scientific consensus is that humankind developed 7 million years ago in africa. The order of hominidae (human-like) rose 20 million years ago, this is molecular biology (dna) findings.

no clue where u got your info from, and you sureley dont have a degree on antropology.

I'm looking forward to the day that we have enough interracial breeding that we wont have distinguishable races that way the race card can be burned and its ashes scattered into the wind

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    I'm looking forward to the day that we have enough interracial breeding that we wont have distinguishable races that way the race card can be burned and its ashes scattered into the wind
    I hope I won't live to see it, tanned is a total turn-off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    There was an article years ago with this image as the example of what the average woman could look like in 1,000 years with continued interracial breeding.

The thing I find amusing, is that she almost looks like a Gray (Alien). But that is just my internal musings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I hope I won't live to see it, tanned is a total turn-off.
    That will be the beauty of it. In the end with enough interracial breeding, everyone could wind up being tan, so there wouldn't be a preference as much as their is today from person to person.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to know how they can determine what part of your DNA is from where? Last I checked, we even share DNA with Banana's. We are literally cousins of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I'd like to know how they can determine what part of your DNA is from where? Last I checked, we even share DNA with Banana's. We are literally cousins of everything.
    there are some "typical" sequences on noncoding dna that occur / are typical for /in certain strains of a species. they are called markers, and the abundance or nonabundance of those markers can give a hint to wich strain of humans you belong. but for individual testing, this is mostly scientific bullshit. And saying " u have 6 % of african ancestors" is stupid as fuck for anyone who has any clue of molecular biology. It just doesnt work this way.

i give one example of how it works:

Genetic findings on the population of the old etruscian cities in italy (small area north of rome) showed that they have a higher ocurrence of a genetic marker that is shared with phoenician stemming people from the levante and northern africa. So therefore the theory that etruscians came from the middle east as a colonie from a tribe that later became the phoenician/ punic is supportet by molecular biology findings.
    Last edited by Holofernes; 2016-12-28 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    That will be the beauty of it. In the end with enough interracial breeding, everyone could wind up being tan, so there wouldn't be a preference as much as their is today from person to person.
    Can I just say that "interracial breeding" is one of the creepiest phrases you could say on this thread?

I doubt most people want interracial relationships and kids, even with all else equal (money, career, etc) women tend to choose a man of the same race or a white man. The only major interracial relationships going on are white + asian who tend to look more white than dark anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The results of her DNA test were almost exactly what she had expected — 80 percent African, 20 percent European — but Amari Gilmore was surprised by how emotional it was to get them. She was sad, proud and “a tad bit angry almost. You can clearly see how the slave trade worked into my background, how I ended up here. It’s not a happy story.”
    This was pretty weird to see European DNA and then just assume your own ancestors were involved in the slave trade.
    Her father had cheered to hear that they had Zulu ancestors — he wanted to be a warrior, she said. When she saw Ghana and Scandinavia turn up in her profile, she suddenly understood why her face has the shape that it does.
    This was also weird. Do non-Zulu people not have warriors? Is she saying Zulu people are somehow more warlike and barbaric?
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2016-12-28 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I wouldn't be able to live with myself, If it turned out I had Germanic or Anglo-Saxon DNA... *shiver*
    Why though? As if it would really define yourself, upbringing, cultural influences and personal experiences mostly shape a human being.

What kind of DNA test shocks people? Don't you usually swab the inside cheek? If the probe shocks you just for a DNA test, that's silly.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

they do know they are black, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I wouldn't be able to live with myself, If it turned out I had Germanic or Anglo-Saxon DNA... *shiver*
    https://www.23andme.com/

Merry fucking Hanukkah.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is like the stupid ancestry commercial:

I thought I was Italian (because it was cool to pretend I am in the mob) and it turns out I am Eastern European.

Who gives a shit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    This is like the stupid ancestry commercial:

I thought I was Italian (because it was cool to pretend I am in the mob) and it turns out I am Eastern European.

Who gives a shit?
    The person taking the DNA test to get a glimpse of their heritage?

What the hell is with people today with the, "Who cares?!" Obviously those who are doing it..they obviously care.

What a surprise that it's been so long, people forgot where they came from, yet tout nationality and embrace severe ideals to a place where they have no connection to.

Blood never lies.

Same trend applies to Christians, Muslims, Hindus, and every country on the planet.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    His results really surprised him: “It was only about one-third Western European. One-third British. Fifteen percent Eastern European. Thirteen percent a hodgepodge of Italian, Greek, European Jewish, even a percentage of Middle Eastern.”
    The shocking part is how the math and the geography seem all wrong and not that he is some kind of mongrel. 1/3+1/3+15%+13%+1% makes him a few % units short of being a full human being - ok rounding errors between 2-5% if probably the trash DNA then. Western Europe 1/3 ... British 1/3 ... Where is Britain again? Oh right .. western Europe. I gather they then differentiate between continental mainland Europe and the Islands? Which just opens up more questions. 13% of Italian, Greek and "european jew" is not western Europe? I guess it could be southern Europe if that is a thing then. But then 1% that makes him like Jesus is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    This was pretty weird to see European DNA and then just assume your own ancestors were involved in the slave trade.
    But you are ruining her special moment now of how massa went on rape-fest in the slave pen.
    Last edited by looorg; 2016-12-28 at 05:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    The shocking part is how the math and the geography seem all wrong and not that he is some kind of mongrel. 1/3+1/3+15%+13%+1% makes him a few % units short of being a full human being - ok rounding errors between 2-5% if probably the trash DNA then. Western Europe 1/3 ... British 1/3 ... Where is Britain again? Oh right .. western Europe. I gather they then differentiate between continental mainland Europe and the Islands? Which just opens up more questions. 13% of Italian, Greek and "european jew" is not western Europe? I guess it could be southern Europe if that is a thing then. But then 1% that makes him like Jesus is the problem?.
    The bolded part. Might this be considered "Mediterranean?"

Not from Europe, so i'm not sure how European's label that area currently, and historically.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The results suggested 33 percent Greek/Italian, 17 percent British, 11 percent Spanish
    Oh dear, what a pseudoscientific BS.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    The bolded part. Might this be considered "Mediterranean?"

Not from Europe, so i'm not sure how European's label that area currently, and historically.
    No idea. This seems like a very American thing to me - talking about how you are 1/x of this that and the other. If it's Mediterranean then technically that would also cover chunks of the middle east and north Africa. So unless the middle eastern part was like Arabia then I don't know. It all seems a bit weird to me.

The only thing that'd shock me is if I found out I was 1% extraterrestrial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.