Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    It accomplished putting an end to any possible remaining threat.

It accomplished killing a beast who should've never been there in the first place.
    Don't get me wrong I am completely on his side emotionally. Legally though, it would've been best to either kill the pit bull on the spot when it had the poodle or the next time it got out and claim self defense.

If he killed that pit bull when it wasn't an immediate threat, the law will probably side against him. At least from what I understand about American "stand your ground" laws.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-12-29 at 06:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

“We fully understand how upset someone can get when another person’s pet attacks their dog,” Riverside County Animal Services Director Robert Miller said in a news release. “But no one has the right to take matters into their own hands, as what is being alleged in this particular incident.”
    lol

Why the hell not? Plenty of people would do what this guy did, me included. Totally warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Presenting scenarios that essentially will never happen is basically just fishing for a moral high ground.

But if I'm ever presented with the unrealistically contrived situation of having to choose between my dog/cat or a stranger, I'm going to choose my animal.
    I think any one who chooses a pet over a human is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    The poodle owner was pretty careless as well. Its a tough deal but their dog should've have been off a leash/outside while th pit was off leash/outside. The poodle owner had a right to be outside too but sometimes you just have to take precautions.
    Lol what?

The poodle owners dog was in his own yard and the pit bull came over and attacked it. My dog goes out back to take a shit or piss and I don't put her on a leash. It's my yard and my property, I should be able to let my dog out and not have to worry about some idiot who has no idea how to properly care for and own a dog.

Luckily for me my neighbors don't have the -7 IQ the pitbulls owner had and everyone here has fences for their dogs.

They should've had a fence put up. Pitbulls owner is an idiot and has no idea how to even be an owner. Hope she never gets another dog again.

I probably would have done something similar although I could never see myself actually being able to do it, but rage is pretty controlling so who knows.

Let's be real, anyone who owns a pet and actually cares for her/him knows that most dog/cat owners think of their dogs or cats as family, not pets. Me included. I'd be furious if something like that happened to my dog, I view her as family.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-12-29 at 01:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Don't get me wrong I am completely on his side emotionally. Legally though, it would've been best to either kill the pit bull on the spot when it had the poodle or the next time it got out and claim self defense.

If he killed that pit bull when it wasn't an immediate threat, the law will probably side against him. At least from what I understand about American "stand your ground" laws.
    I've already said exactly that.

Just hope theres a jury of dog owners who understand. The guy fucked up, dont get me wrong, but he did his neighborhood a favor, and at the same time was clearly still in a distressed state of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I think any one who chooses a pet over a human is a joke.
    That's fine. But do you have any good reasons why we should always place a human above an animal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Shit Breed dogs should all be rounded up and euthanized. I hate pit bulls, I will not let my kids any where near them. They are naturally aggressive and cannot be trusted.

I can't believe they made the guy go to jail and waste $10,000.00 over a fucking dog let alone a pit bull.

My grandpa used to shoot dogs on the spot if they ever bit any of us. I can't believe we are at a point in society where a fucking dog has more value than many horrible crimes against people.

- - - Updated - - -

That's fine. But do you have any good reasons why we should always place a human above an animal?
    We are the reason any of the animals are here, they are here for our benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    We are the reason any of the animals are here, they are here for our benefit.
    Which means I'm not benefiting if I choose the stranger over my animal.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    If you had read the sentence after that, you'd know why I said I'd shoot it. Reading is hard, yeah?
    No it's rather easy, and your post still contradicts itself. You can take your time so see why that's the case.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    No it's rather easy, and your post still contradicts itself. You can take your time so see why that's the case.
    No, apparently reading comprehension is beyond you.

More sentient, intellectual, etc. Are you really willing to let some stranger die instead of your pet? Would the type os stranger make a difference? (i.e. A child or mother)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    No, apparently reading comprehension is beyond you.
    /shrug

Your decision of ignorance.

I would have done the same thing and not felt bad about it.

I'm done with pit bull owners. I'm tired of hearing stories about how "their dog would never hurt a fly" until something like this happens. They are irresponsible and it is irresponsible to continue to breed these dogs after the breed has been ruined due to people deliberately breeding the dog for fighting/aggression.

The terrible thing is that people will move on to ruining another breed if pit bulls become banned due to people breeding them for aggressive traits.

Poor poodle owner. He should get a good attorney, considering the dog was on his property and killed his dog he will likely not see any serious consequences like jail time.

Its a dog who gives a fuck animals are property they're not people

More sentient, intellectual, etc. Are you really willing to let some stranger die instead of your pet? Would the type os stranger make a difference? (i.e. A child or mother)
    Yes, I would, to the first question. The type of stranger doesn't matter in my decision making, but it's useful to consider other types of people in order to shoot down some ill-conceived arguments.

Anyways, I'm not going to follow this up anymore because I distinctly remember people getting unreasonably mad to the point of death threats on this issue. Which is not something worth dealing with over a contrived scenario.
    Last edited by Garnier Fructis; 2016-12-29 at 07:14 PM.

Should kill all humans who breed them for fighting to, after all it's their fault not the dogs.

Yes, I would, to the first question. The type of stranger doesn't matter in my decision making, but it's useful to consider other types of people in order to shoot down some ill-conceived arguments.
    K just checking .

K just checking .
    See my edit, it was a little late.

There's absolutely no reason to put a dog down simply because it's aggressive to other dogs. If a fight happens it is entirely the fault of the owner, and often times the fault of the other dogs owner. I don't have a pitbull, but he's bigger than one. Our neighbors dog attacked him several times in a short period of time when he was still pretty young, so ever since then he's been very defensive around the home. I know for a fact he's aggressive towards strange dogs, especially ones that are in his yard. I'm crazy careful about opening doors and making sure he doesn't get out by accident. When he goes outside he's always on a leash or a tether and he can't leave the property.

It does not matter how much effort I put into ensuring that my dog will never be able to reach another dog because other people are way too careless. Too many times have I seen people walking their dogs without leashes, or the dog gets loose and they have no idea so it's wandering the neighborhood. Earlier this year a ladies bulldog got loose and it was standing outside my front door and we had the doors open, so the only thing separating the 2 was a screen door. My dog was going absolutely berserk trying to get this bulldog. The lady that owned the dog came around the corner and saw me holding my dog back and you could see her eyes get really wide like 'oh shit!', and I told her she needed to keep her dog on a leash. After that their dog was loose while my dog was in the back yard on his leash, so my dog attacked it of course, but didn't injure him or break any skin. After that they were still careless with their dog and we saw it running loose at least half a dozen more times, luckily they've moved now.

It bugs the shit out of me that people can be so careless and then they blame it on the dog. You think I like that my dog is aggressive towards other dogs? I absolutely hate it, and I spent an hour or 2 every other day at the dog park for 2-3 years so I knew he would be well socialized. He used to be really good with every dog he came across too, until he was attacked. I wish I could continue taking him to the park and places like that, but I know I can't trust him, so he just stays at home.

TLDR, Blame the owners, not the dog, they should have been able to prevent it. From reading the article it says both owners have had their dogs off leash, so they're both to blame. It is possible to responsibly own an aggressive dog.

Hmm, is it insane to drive to this persons address and give them a cake, pat them on the back, and say good job?
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    A dog that kills or maims another one or person should be put down. People who want pets but are to lazy to keep them leashed or locked up should just get a cat.
    There should also be laws on who can buy those breeds and who can not because with proper raising they are lovely dogs even family dogs, it's not the breeds fault that there exists retarded people, it's humans fault for breeding it into fighting and it's mostly human error when it comes to attacks, some good laws that keeps stupid people from buying them would be a good start.