Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    No 10-man mythic content made me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by WOWandchill View Post
    Population has been on a huge downturn since Legion came out even worse than WOD. I think it's because Blizzard pretty much killed alts with the bad AP system.
    That, and the devs are ruining everyone's classes and not listening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    people like roflstomping other people with better gear in pvp, not a lot of people admit it but still the case

like people say i want lfr only for to see the content but riot when it only dropped shit gear like in wod
    I loved roflstoping people with less gear. Now I just target players with less skill, and there is plenty of them in the battlegrounds trust me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    There's a certain element of fun in gear RNG. If playing with friends I think it's great, it's fun and exciting when someone gets something crazy good. If you're a completionist with a superiority complex, maybe this isn't a good time to be playing.
    Titanforging has no fun elements when you are at gear levels that are really high. I do +12 key, get 870 base loot that I don't need, then I need it to proc +20ish for sidegrades in most cases. Plus it has to be the right item.
    I can live with the system but I don't enjoy it as much as I would enjoy having the possibility to gear solely from raids.
    Mythic raids are the pinnacle of difficulty within the game, that is where your upgrades should be when you are around max ilvl. Not some walkover +12 dungeon with 1-2% chance of an upgrade.
    On top of that fact, you need to get a random key for the dungeon of the item you want at the right mythic keystone level. If you don't get that key you most likely have to sit and boost some pleb-casual through a keystone run.
    Last edited by mmoc4ea3ad99ad; 2016-12-29 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawnix View Post
    You're totally right.
    My guild went from two twenty five man raiding guilds to every player no longer playing the game. To go from a constant 20+ members being on at all times to over 50+ during raid times to the legit only members of the guild that logs on is some 65 year old fellow that really enjoys the game and some ones 5 year old son cause he likes to ride around on horses you know Blizzard fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    So you're not actually unhappy about Legion... you'rs just lazy.

You're "competative" and hate that you actually have to do stuff to stay "competative" besides just raiding 2 times a week.

gtfo
    Thank you for your constructive feedback. Its nice to see people can call others lazy and tell them to "gtfo" without getting an infraction.

It's also nice to see how you can twist my words around to suit your own needs. Did I say I don't play WoW? Did I say that I don't farm AP? All I was saying was that if you're a competitive player, there's this nagging feeling that you're falling behind if you're not constantly farming AP. How does that mean I'm lazy? Smh. I'll gladly work for my gear and character progression, but those usually had caps and limits on them. I can't farm EN and ToV all week, can I?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    only members of the guild that logs on is some 65 year old fellow that really enjoys the game and some ones 5 year old son cause he likes to ride around on horses you know Blizzard fucked up.
    I lol'd. It's sad, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Seeing as this is the best expansion they've ever produced: No, not really.
    It would be nice if that were statistically true for the player population overall, but the evidence is that player engagement is rapidly declining. The design doesn't appear to be succeeding at the primary purpose of a game/expansion, which is to retain paying customers.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Something tells me that the same people who read "lots of stuff to do with compelling rewards that you choose" as "too grindy" are the SAME people who were saying that there was no reason to leave your garrison and WoD was nothing but a boring content drought. Not that WoD or Legion were/are my personal favorite expansions, but somehow I just keep playing and having fun, even when there is "too much" or "nothing" to do. Sometimes you have to just think that maybe you're just playing the wrong game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    Calm down? Lol ok.

Limitless player power is bad for any game, in my opinion. You shouldn't have to play for 100 hours a week, for example, to feel like you're keeping up with the Jones'. You also shouldn't have to alter your play style just to accommodate that. People should be allowed to want to play competitively and not feel forced to no life the game to do so. You don't have to be a hard-core mythic raider to care about your character's performance.
    I dont know who you are trying to compete with, if your not one of those hardcore mythic raiders then you dont need to grind content religiously. Do it as often as you like and you can continue to clear content while its relevent.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    I dont know who you are trying to compete with, if your not one of those hardcore mythic raiders then you dont need to grind content religiously. Do it as often as you like and you can continue to clear content while its relevent.
    You still want to be competitive within your own guild, no? Do people not care about that? I consider myself a min/maxer, I do tons of research on my class, I analyze the shit out of my logs, I will buy the best gems, enchants for my gear, best flask, double pot, and best food on every encounter. Yet, the no-lifers within a guild can still be "ahead" of you because of the AP grind.

I just miss the old days when player skill and raid drops determined your output, not some gimmicky, expansion-long grind. Hated the MoP cloaks, hated the WoD rings, and I hate this AP system. I guess eventually we will all get to the AP max, but until then, any system that puts no-lifers ahead of others is not a system I am a fan of.

(And no, I am NOT expecting someone who logs on 3 times a week for 30 minutes to stay caught up in power to everyone else. I know these forums too well, and I know you're already thinking about saying that.)

on next expansion only 2 dificult lfr and normal and no damn titanforge upgrade shit and games is much better

edit : or just give us classic so i dont need to play this new shit

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Cant speak for anyone but myself but, Im unsubbed, and I stayed subbed ALLL through WoD. To much rng in the game. I dont mind RNG but when players who played 1/4 of the time I did and show up to half the raids out gear me because loluproll Im done. Luck can be too rewarding while effort and time not rewarding enough.
    I have been very unlucky with drops so far in Legion, but what you just wrote is happening so rarely that if you really get hurt over that you did the right thing and quit. It's not like people do only WQs and show up to a raid with a full set of 890 TF.

Everyone who thinks this way should look into the mirror and ask: Am I really this important?

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I have been very unlucky with drops so far in Legion, but what you just wrote is happening so rarely that if you really get hurt over that you did the right thing and quit. It's not like people do only WQs and show up to a raid with a full set of 890 TF.

Everyone who thinks this way should look into the mirror and ask: Am I really this important?
    Im not really sure what your point is. All I am saying is for me, the game can be too rewarding to the lucky and that is off putting to some one who puts the time into their character.

My example comes from my raid group, 2 people who have always been on the low end of /played out gear (at the time of me stopping to raid) had the highest ilvl in the raid. ALl because lucky leg drops and uprolls. I dont really mind the legs, its the uproll system that got tiresome to me. Seeing base ilvl loot wasnt a good thing any more, it was a mild disappointment. Oh Yeah loot...oh no uproll.../sigh Then you got the guy I am speaking of got 2 895s from one boss and then an 890 from the next boss and a leg the boss after. Great for him, I was happy for him but It showed me that other games have a better "time in reward out" ratio, now with the uproll and legs in legion.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

with every expansion people will quit eventually/or soon. I'm not fearing WoW will die any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It would be nice if that were statistically true for the player population overall, but the evidence is that player engagement is rapidly declining. The design doesn't appear to be succeeding at the primary purpose of a game/expansion, which is to retain paying customers.
    Present this "evidence".

Deleted
    Im not really sure what your point is. All I am saying is for me, the game can be too rewarding to the lucky and that is off putting to some one who puts the time into their character.

My example comes from my raid group, 2 people who have always been on the low end of /played out gear (at the time of me stopping to raid) had the highest ilvl in the raid. ALl because lucky leg drops and uprolls. I dont really mind the legs, its the uproll system that got tiresome to me. Seeing base ilvl loot wasnt a good thing any more, it was a mild disappointment. Oh Yeah loot...oh no uproll.../sigh Then you got the guy I am speaking of got 2 895s from one boss and then an 890 from the next boss and a leg the boss after. Great for him, I was happy for him but It showed me that other games have a better "time in reward out" ratio, now with the uproll and legs in legion.
    While it's completely valid reason to not play the game I'd like to point that it's not about return from time investment as clearly you do gain return from investing the time and whether it's good or bad is slightly pointless argument as the goal is enjoyment (I assume that what most people play the game for. In this case you are not getting it so it's natural that the time invested is bad for you).

It's more about the fact that the time required to reach some goals can be uneven (equal amount of time played and effort put does not result in equal rewards). Which is completely fine and many people do not like that and it's completely reasonable argument to leave but.... I guess I'm just nitpicking on the argument

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Present this "evidence".
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weeklyactivity.php
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Deleted
    thats not evidence since it requires an addon to get its data. the less people use the addon, the less accurate the data is.

and before you ask "why do you say it requires an addon?" well click your link again and inspect more of the page then just the graph

Allright, I see the point. I know the feeling. And seeing what you wrote now it makes more sense in what you first wrote. And since you feel that way, it might be best for you to play other games I suppose(I could be wrong :- )

What I find weird is all those people who say they quit cause some "scrub" got some more TF-gear than this particular person. Wich I find very silly.

Sorry for taking you under that one
    Last edited by Doffen; 2016-12-31 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xWolfx View Post
    thats not evidence since it requires an addon to get its data. the less people use the addon, the less accurate the data is.

and before you ask "why do you say it requires an addon?" well click your link again and inspect more of the page then just the graph
    I know that uses an addon. For years I've known that.

Your objections are like the ones people made about those graphs in previous expansions. Sadly for you those graphs were quite predictive then.

I wonder if people will ever stop blaming the current expansion for killing off the subscriber count. It's always a factor but the horse has been dead since mop.