Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    What significant natural, cultural, and scientific features are in the million acres surrounding the actual Bears Ears. The "Monument" should have been 50 acres or less
    So conceding the language of the law does apply to the site, now it's just a matter of "how much area"? Have you taken a step back and thought about why you are upset about this? Seems to me you just want to make a narrative out of this, and will suspend critical thinking in favor of an agenda. The clear point here is, that the president has the authority to do this, and therefore any critique should be more along the lines of "in my opinion I disagree with...", rather than "he's performing an illegal act and abusing his powers because I feel". If you just add, in my opinion before you make assertions then you wouldn't have to back it up with empirical evidence, we can just have a discussion as to why you disagree with said decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear, if Oorlong had his persona's way, he'd go The Lorax all over everything, and then sell clean air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I swear, if Oorlong had his persona's way, he'd go The Lorax all over everything, and then sell clean air.
    Everything would be a desert if him and his ilk had their way.

Why does the Federal government own land again? If it's not a national park then it should be all be sold to the public at 1 dollar an acre.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    And your oil is just overabundant dead dinausores under layers of dirt.

Look, I can handwave your point too.
    I have to say, I love your signature.

WHaat are you a socialst communist that thinks that clean air and water is a right all living creatures on this planets deserve and need?

Pff thanks Obama for trying to make sure that nobody dies from poisoned water and that they don't get asthma

I'm trying to figure Orlong out. Is he a law-and-order authoritarian, or not? Does he support civil disobedience against government, or not? Is he a terrorist sympathizer, or not? His stances hold no logical consistency, and it's as if he's being programmed to believe certain things by political pundits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forest fires get so big and spread so fast because the environmentalist Nazis wont let anyone clear out the ground brush because it might disrupt the reproduction cycle of some meaningless butterfly or frog. IF we regularly cleared the ground brush and dead trees fires would be much fewer, smaller, and more contained
    It's very clear you have no idea how the environment works.

Forest fires get so big and spread so fast because the environmentalist Nazis wont let anyone clear out the ground brush because it might disrupt the reproduction cycle of some meaningless butterfly or frog. IF we regularly cleared the ground brush and dead trees fires would be much fewer, smaller, and more contained
    Oh man, you got it ALL figured out. If not for them pesky evironmentalist nazis, we'd have tens of thousands of loyal, red-blooded americans constantly removing the ground bush and dead trees from every square inch of every single freaking forest in the US 24/7, which encompasses tens (if not hundreds) of millions of acres. That's surely how these things work. Then we'd live in an utopia where forest fires never happen. Huzzah!

So help me, I can't believe how disconnected from reality some of you people are.

Deleted
    Once again, Obama twists a law allowing Presidents to designate monuments to grab another 300,000 acres of land in Nevada and 1.3 million acres in Utah, as well as the previous huge swath of the arctic ocean and prevent Americans from partaking in its use (Its a thinly veiled attempt to hijack land to shield it for environmentalist reasons). Land is NOT a monument. If he wants to preserve it then he can have congress designate it as a national park. A monument would be a statue or building.

This is NOT what the law was made for (going around congress and the people because Obama cant get his way), and I for one that the Bundys are willing to stand up to him.

http://www.vocativ.com/388230/bundy-...bama-monument/
    Time to do what exactly? Start a war? Kill people?

His stance and off the cuff comment about some "meaningless frog" is why humanity is causing an extinction event.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm trying to figure Orlong out. Is he a law-and-order authoritarian, or not? Does he support civil disobedience against government, or not? Is he a terrorist sympathizer, or not? His stances hold no logical consistency, and it's as if he's being programmed to believe certain things by political pundits.
    He's a conspiracy theorist. Anything that is AGAINST something, is something he's for. As long as it doesn't support the establishment.

Oh, look. Terrorists and rebels.
    Don't you have a drone or two to send?

Or maybe you need Russian help here as well?
    Last edited by Aggrophobic; 2016-12-30 at 04:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    He's a conspiracy theorist. Anything that is AGAINST something, is something he's for. As long as it doesn't support the establishment.
    Unless it's establishment republicans.

Once again, Obama twists a law allowing Presidents to designate monuments to grab another 300,000 acres of land in Nevada and 1.3 million acres in Utah, as well as the previous huge swath of the arctic ocean and prevent Americans from partaking in its use (Its a thinly veiled attempt to hijack land to shield it for environmentalist reasons). Land is NOT a monument. If he wants to preserve it then he can have congress designate it as a national park. A monument would be a statue or building.

This is NOT what the law was made for (going around congress and the people because Obama cant get his way), and I for one that the Bundys are willing to stand up to him.

http://www.vocativ.com/388230/bundy-...bama-monument/

Are these the same people who whined for days about "supplies" and lifted their ass..to high heaven the moment FBI showed up with weapons? One moron got killed and rest surrender like cowards they are.

So yes, lets do it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    I had every hope that this would be a thread about Married With Children coming back.
    I thought something similar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Oh, look. Terrorists and rebels.
    Don't you have a drone ot two to send?

Or maybe you need Russian help here as well?
    Plant some ethnic Russians in there and they might.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Even when his lord and emperor is becoming the definition of establishment.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I thought Married...with Children was coming back.

I'm very disappointed.
    Never disappointed!!

https://youtu.be/fnK85RoXF6o

I got tired of waiting for it to hit streaming and got the whole series on Amazon a couple of months ago.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Indians were allowed to terrorise the police for weeks and in the end Obama caved. But the same Obama ordered a raid and execution of the white peaceful protest of the Bundy's.

Shows his intense hatred for white Americans.