10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Can reinhardt's shield block ultimates?
    Mostly, yes. There are a couple of exceptions, I think Mei's and Zarya's.

Well that's annoying. I have been wondering about it for days now.
    D.va ulted into the entire team and only killed 1.
    Then failed to kill reinhardt, roadhog, and tracer with the same ult.

I hate that shield so much.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I hate phara the most.
    when in enemy team she's good and can fly like forever or my team doesnt kill her.
    when someone in my team she sucks ofc.
    and i'm bad with her aswell.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Well that's annoying. I have been wondering about it for days now.
    D.va ulted into the entire team and only killed 1.
    Then failed to kill reinhardt, roadhog, and tracer with the same ult.

I hate that shield so much.
    well it's just more situational, it blocks the area that it takes up, so when you have, say, Mei's blizzard, that damage exists per second within the grounds on the circle, think of it as being on the ground and blasting upwards. Therefore, it will (more or less) "bypass" Rein's shield. Damage that pushes forward and into the shield directly will be absorbed by it, then.

(Since I see you already are a fan of D.Va) See how many ults you can counter with her DM, I find it HILARIOUS to counter ults by right-clicking for a second, so much salt!

Look for Pharah, McCree, Bastion, or any other projectile- or bullet-based ult and just eat it up like a light snack with D.Va. Very satisfying xD

Also since you like D.Va, give Winston a try. He is very weak to being focused but if you can manage, leap in over a building, zap everybody and cause them to panic, then just leap away before they can kill you, it is very disruptive.

The problem with tanking at low level. Is no one waits for the tank
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    I hate phara the most.
    when in enemy team she's good and can fly like forever or my team doesnt kill her.
    when someone in my team she sucks ofc.
    and i'm bad with her aswell.
    I think she needs another counter character, personally I would like to see someone else with jump jets that could do aerial battles with her, perhaps a shotgun, make the playstyle against ground based targets one where you jump up and drop down to buck shot the face. Maybe a pump shotgun.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-12-30 at 05:06 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Deleted
    Wtf is the obsession with 3 tanks. Meta? It has not worked once I've had the unfortunate luck with a stupid team who plays it and refuses to change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post
    Wtf is the obsession with 3 tanks. Meta? It has not worked once I've had the unfortunate luck with a stupid team who plays it and refuses to change.
    Because it makes you hard to beat, and Dva, Roadhog, Zarya often make quicker kills than dps do. The only worthwhile dps are Soldier, Genji? Pharah situationally?

It is very much a 3 tank meta. Be hard to beat, very long drawn out fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Because it makes you hard to beat, and Dva, Roadhog, Zarya often make quicker kills than dps do. The only worthwhile dps are Soldier, Genji? Pharah situationally?

It is very much a 3 tank meta. Be hard to beat, very long drawn out fights.
    Well anytime I've seen it the tanks die quickly as they have far more fire power, so it ends up me being chased by dva (as soldier) and getting smashed 2 v 1 when she gets supported.

Current comp. meta is Zarya, Dva, Rein and Road, then Ana+Random.

In short. It's Ana. She is an excellent healer, and her biotic grenade gets better the more health the target has.

Paired with tanks that are doing very high damage compared to how tanky they are. It's just such a safe bet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because people are tools. Pro teams develop a strategy for tournament play that works well for a coordinated team that has practice with it and together.

Then the masses see this and its the new hotness. What people don't consider is that they aren't pro players on a coordinated team.

Is the 3 tank strategy strong? Sure.

Sadly at the level the majority of people play at they are better off playing the characters they are strong at (and that make up a balanced team) than trying to conform to something else.

7+ Year Old Account
    d.va is getting on my nerves, she can literally take out pharah out of the sky...

Formerly known as Arafal

Then it;s you or your team as a whole that doesn't understand the strength of tanks.

Tanks are better overall then any damage dealer and people not understanding that are usually players that auto lock damage dealers. Don't forget Overwatch is about objectives and pushing for the objective is the most sure-way to win.

Also if you're just somebody that likes to kill players (99% of the damage dealers in Overwatch ) then go tank as well, you will definitely kill more then playing any defensive hero and more then 5 out of 7 offensive hero's. With tanks at least you don't have to worry about the map or the gamemode.
    Last edited by ati87; 2016-12-30 at 09:26 PM.

3 tank meta is why you are seeing more tracer on the field, specifically people who are good at tracer including survivability and headshots.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

3-4 tanks in lower bracketss works wonder...

siiiigh I almost want to buy OW again for PS4 just so I can play it when I'm not at home...blah.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a little frustrated at the moment. Sometimes my aim is on point, and other times I can't seem to get off any hits. I feel like in order to prosper and fire safely I need someone to hide behind but nobody picks Reinhardt and plays properly (imo). So here I stew in my pity pool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Because people are tools. Pro teams develop a strategy for tournament play that works well for a coordinated team that has practice with it and together.

Then the masses see this and its the new hotness. What people don't consider is that they aren't pro players on a coordinated team.

Is the 3 tank strategy strong? Sure.

Sadly at the level the majority of people play at they are better off playing the characters they are strong at (and that make up a balanced team) than trying to conform to something else.
    Well, the 3 tank meta is actually good for all levels of plays. It's specifically stronger than a 2-2-2 or a dps heavy setup because you don't need to play as much of a team, everyone has an easier time surviving and Ana gets to heal a lot and build lotsa lotsa ult.

One of the few reasons where you shouldn't play it is, as you said, when people can't do tanks or don't know what to do with them.A Hog not getting hooks (if something like that even exists) is useless, a Reinhardt that doesn't know when to engage and when to defend is useless too and a D.Va that doesn't know how to use the defense matrix and when it's better/time to shoot or just disrupt isn't helpful either.

It's a lot more about individual skill imho. Doesn't involve special tactics or strategy if you ask me.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-30 at 09:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    well it's just more situational, it blocks the area that it takes up, so when you have, say, Mei's blizzard, that damage exists per second within the grounds on the circle, think of it as being on the ground and blasting upwards. Therefore, it will (more or less) "bypass" Rein's shield. Damage that pushes forward and into the shield directly will be absorbed by it, then.

(Since I see you already are a fan of D.Va) See how many ults you can counter with her DM, I find it HILARIOUS to counter ults by right-clicking for a second, so much salt!

Look for Pharah, McCree, Bastion, or any other projectile- or bullet-based ult and just eat it up like a light snack with D.Va. Very satisfying xD

Also since you like D.Va, give Winston a try. He is very weak to being focused but if you can manage, leap in over a building, zap everybody and cause them to panic, then just leap away before they can kill you, it is very disruptive.
    From my experience, defense matrix doesn't block Bastion's ult, though it sure eats the hell out of his turret mode.