Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    doubt i'd ever hook up with a religious chick so i don't really see myself ever facing that problem.
    While that might be true, you should also consider how everything happened and that she is now pregnant and most likely traumatized. Two things that affect judgement massively. Which also makes the adoption option rather risky, because she could decide every moment that she does actually want to keep it anyway..

Personally, without knowing further intricate details, it already seems like her husband is second fiddle to alot of other factors, which makes this already an undesirable relationship in my opinion..

He wouldn't have to pay child support

The likely scenario, is that the wife wasn't really raped at all. She simply made it up in order to avoid losing the man she had after having an affair. It would also depend on if she actually named her attacker, and the rapist was in prison. if that's not the case, then she almost certainly made it up.

Now, if a guy actually was married to a woman who was raped and impregnated, he can voice his opinion all he likes. If the wife wants to keep the baby, she can raise it by herself.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Make sure you get that into a contract with the lawyer as well.

But to be honest, if this happened to me I might be in prison because I would likely try to kill the rapist.
    So you are going for the shakespearean ending? You kill the rapist, go to jail, she now has a kid and no one that provides for her idiotic desires? Certainly somewhat poetic..

Quote Originally Posted by Escariot View Post
    how can a wife be raped?
    ANYONE can be raped by ANYONE. Fuck off.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Ugh, this is one hell of a situation. Of course he is entitled not to want the child to be born. Of course it's understandable if he doesn't want to raise it.

I'd never be able to raise a child that isn't mine, with the love and support it needs. This is triple so for a child born of rape of a loved one. I'd not want to go through the difficult pregnancy period to bring such a child into the world, either.

If she wants to put it up for adoption, and guarantees this, I might stick around if I love her enough. Which, given we've married, would likely be the case. But if she wants to keep it, and we have no other children, I am out of there. To do otherwise would be the wrong decision, as it will definitely lead to greater misery. If she thinks she can give the child the love it needs, so be it. But I would be unable to. And that would destroy that family and myself.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    "Oh, shit you were raped, bye"
    Yeah, that does sound like a cool guy, eh? Fuck is wrong with you people?
    Except no one is saying that. They're saying "you're carrying the product of your rape to term, and I want no part in it"

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    It's totally ok for him to want her to get an abortion, but he can't force her to. I have a hard time believing anyone would want to keep the child, even if they were extremely religious. But I guess the best solution is for him to file for divorce.
    I share this opinion.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    While that might be true, you should also consider how everything happened and that she is now pregnant and most likely traumatized. Two things that affect judgement massively. Which also makes the adoption option rather risky, because she could decide every moment that she does actually want to keep it anyway..

Personally, without knowing further intricate details, it already seems like her husband is second fiddle to alot of other factors, which makes this already an undesirable relationship in my opinion..
    But if he weallly wealloy wuved her, he would throw his wants and needs to the wayside for her, even though she shows no intention of reciprocating in kind.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    But if he weallly wealloy wuved her, he would throw his wants and needs to the wayside for her, even though she shows no intention of reciprocating in kind.
    Honestly, I'd be more interested if they actually pressed charged against the rapist. Even as a religious nutter you have be special to want the product of your torment for the rest of your live around as a reminder. I wonder how much legitimacy the alternative theories could have..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Blanket statements are never right.
    While this may be true in many cases, in the context in which it was applied it's not. No man should be forced to pay child support for a child that's not his. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    "Oh, shit you were raped, bye"
    Yeah, that does sound like a cool guy, eh? Fuck is wrong with you people?
    Clearly reading comprehension isn not your strong suit. Leaving someone because they keep the product of a rape is not leaving someone because they got raped. But, for gits and shiggles, I'll address your point. Marriage is nothing more than a state-sponsored relationship. No [intimate] relationship is unconditional. There are plenty of valid reason to end a relationship, some of which many will find "petty". Even just not wanting to be with someone any longer is a valid reason. As is lack of intimacy, your SO becoming disabled, etc.

The trauma of rape is real. It's very well likely that the victim will need counseling and perhaps never be the same emotionally or intimately again. Not to mention that it could be years before intimacy actually takes place, if at all. No intimacy, no relationship. "Love" is not some magical thing that you find or just happens, it's something that you do. And certain conditions can alter one's desire to continue doing it. There is nothing wrong with this.

If shes anti abortion she could always give it up for adoption

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun View Post
    If a wife is raped and gets pregnant from the rapist, is it okay for the husband to want her to get an abortion? Interestingly enough, a good friend of mine is in this exact situation. It's a difficult situation for all involved. She is very religious and is adamant about keeping the baby; however, he doesn't want to raise a child not his own, especially one who shares its genetics with a rapist. This has caused a huge rift in their relationship, and he's considering leaving. What would you do in this situation?
    Really funny how this thread immediately devolved into male reproductive rights and evil man cannot tell woman what to do with her body, etc.

The question was: If your wife was raped and pregnant with rapists child, would you stay if she chose to keep the baby.

Me? No way, I am not raising a rapists child.
    If she didn't want an abortion, she could give the child up for adoption.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    That doesn't even make sense, the very definition of rape implies non-consensual sexual activities forced on another person.
    There is a whole cuckolding community where guys watch other men bang their wife.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I'm both religious and pro-life, myself. So my response is probably going to be a little different.

I wouldn't want to raise another man's child if it's from a previous non-marriage relationship or from an illicit affair from my wife. But I view this as a different situation.

In this situation no one close to me has done anything wrong. It's not my wife's fault she was raped, and it's not that unborn child's fault how he was conceived.

Why should I ruin their lives over it? Why should I end that child's life over the sins of its father? I would look at my wife and feel sadness for someone I care for being hurt. I'd look at the child as a victim of circumstance. The only rage and anger for me would be for the rapist.

Either way, it'd be my wife's decision. But if she chose to keep a child born of rape, then I would do my best to be there for her and the child, because I'd only marry a woman I loved, I wouldn't stop loving her because of the actions of some animal, and those vows mean something to me. The vows aren't "I'll stick around as long as I get my way or things go well".

As for the child, I could give that child a better outcome by staying than by having it terminated or abandoning it. In one case it dies for nothing of its own doing. In the other it grows up without a father and with increased hardship because a father figure refused to be a father figure. By raising that kid, I erase the stigma. That child for all intents and purposes is my own, even if not genetically. That child grows up knowing someone will be there for him.

That's just my view, though.
    As someone that's opposite of you on both things listed, this is how I would handle it as well.

I'd spend all my time making sure that kiddo had the best damn life possible.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    While this may be true in many cases, in the context in which it was applied it's not. No man should be forced to pay child support for a child that's not his. Ever.
    I could not agree more. I have to admit I was going for a bit of the ironic humor with that one.

Your point, however, is very valid and something anti-abortionist advocates should strongly consider.

Quote Originally Posted by saren26 View Post
    Just because it happens doesn't mean it's legal in those countries. In fact, a quick google brought up islamqa.info/en/40269 which talks about this very point, having said that abortion in Islam is allowed if it's due to rape (provided it is done as early as possible).
    A woman under sharia rule is stoned to death for being raped

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    He wouldn't have a say even if it was his child.
    And he'd still have to pay for it if he didn't want it and it was his child. Inb4 "wah so you make taxpayers get hurt" when in reality it's the woman making the taxpayers pay then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun View Post
    If a wife is raped and gets pregnant from the rapist, is it okay for the husband to want her to get an abortion? Interestingly enough, a good friend of mine is in this exact situation. It's a difficult situation for all involved. She is very religious and is adamant about keeping the baby; however, he doesn't want to raise a child not his own, especially one who shares its genetics with a rapist. This has caused a huge rift in their relationship, and he's considering leaving. What would you do in this situation?
    He's free to -want- her to do a number of things, its not his right to actually make said decision though.

15+ Year Old Account
    If she kept the child and husbad left, would ge have to pay childsupport?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s