Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    I've always thought of "open relationship" as an oxymoron. One of the primary aspects of a relationship is intimate exclusivity. Seems more like roommates with benefits.
    It's a bit like having multiple spouses(specifically wives and concubines), no? It's just that in modern society we tend towards this "intimate exclusivity" concept, but it didn't really exist in certain major cultures way back then.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    One of the primary aspects of a relationship is intimate exclusivity
    Only if that is what you want from the relationship.

I understand the husband, but no, he can only want the abortion, but he can't force it. It is really so simple.
    And do remember, abortion is not something taken lightly. Especially when we talk about the person to receive it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    using birth control is an abortion

stop masterbating as well and no more oral sex
    If pregnancy never occurs, it's not an abortion. Please try again.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Up to the woman. But I'd divorce her if she kept it for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Up to the woman. But I'd divorce her if she kept it for sure.
    It's a hard decision. Raising a kid is a MAJOR expense. To top it off it's not even your kid. I don't think you can really compare it to getting into a relationship with someone who has already had kids because you already know and accept what you are getting yourself into. But to be put in that situation while you are already married is rough. I would never force my wife to go through with an abortion but divorce might be a possiblity.

I hate saying it but it would really depend on how it happened. I don't even really like bringing it up but how did it happen? If my wife went to a party got drunk and got herself taken advantage of I'm sorry to say but the trust would be gone. Because that to me would mean its not the first and probably not the last time. If she was drugged or forced against her own will and became pregnant that is a different story. I would have to know the full story of how it happened. If it were a case where she was raped due to being drugged or forced I would support her in whatever she wants to do but man it would be rough. If she got raped from getting a little to tipsy and making some stupid decisions while drunk well sorry bye. Seen that ruin plenty of relationships. If I had the slightest bit of doubt in my mind that she did something dumb (1 to many drinks) or was lying to me (as in was not really raped got seduced by another man) I would be gone.
    Last edited by avx81; 2016-12-31 at 06:35 AM.

What does religion have to do with keeping the child? She either keeps it cause she wants to or she doesn't. The husband of course doesn't have to partake in that and is free to walk away though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    It's not that easy.

Raped people are often traumatised by the event and end up blaming THEMSELVES for being raped. And when such a thing occurs and you ask, pretty much FORCE them ( verbally ) to get an abortion with stuff like " I'm leaving if you don't " then you're adding even more GUILT to the pile.

This is a really rotten situation with loss for everyone involved.
    Yeah I understand that and I should've worded myself better since I only really looked it at from the husband's side. It's really a lose/lose situation, at least it would be for me. Wife (if against abortion) wants to keep baby because of beliefs, but husband doesn't want to raise the baby of the wife's rapist.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    Yeah I understand that and I should've worded myself better since I only really looked it at from the husband's side. It's really a lose/lose situation, at least it would be for me. Wife (if against abortion) wants to keep baby because of beliefs, but husband doesn't want to raise the baby of the wife's rapist.
    As much as I feel for the husband and wife for having to go through this, the real loser in this situation is going to be that unborn child.

Yes, in this case he would have a great legal claim to force her to have an obortion.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

At one time I would have said argue for an abortion without a second thought but then you realize that you are taking your anger for the rapist out on a child(that is still partly your wife). Of course then there is the issue of allowing a rapist to pass its genes on. I wonder if the rapist could ask for visitation rights after he gets out of prison?

Geez so many would quickly give up on their wives...

Well, I've seen couples divorce for less. Should really scratch the whole "til death do us part" from the common script IMO.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post

Well, I've seen couples divorce for less. Should really scratch the whole "til death do us part" from the common script IMO.
    Replace it with "till inconvenience or any hardship do us part"

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    In general, that's a stupid idea that allows for men to help create financial burdens and then dump them on the state, rather than be responsible for their own mess.
    So it's stupid that they share responsability for the protection? You know what equality means right? That means you get an equal choice. If a woman (and a man) fuck up by getting pregnant and the woman decides to keep it, the man should be allowed to not keep it. It's fairly simple and straightforward. A man can not decide if she aborts the baby, but if he can't do that he can let her take responsability for HER choice.
    (you do know contraception is not only for men right?)
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    id leave her

im not gonna raise a rape baby. i'm like what, 26? there's things i actually want to do with my life that don't involve raising children

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    He wouldn't have a say even if it was his child.
    its funny how people advocate for womens rights in having a child a man doesn't want but if she sabotaged the whole thing you'd all be singing a different tune

there is nothing wrong with knowing what you are and aren't ready to be responsible for and raising a child is a big responsibility.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    So it's stupid that they share responsability for the protection? You know what equality means right? That means you get an equal choice. If a woman (and a man) fuck up by getting pregnant and the woman decides to keep it, the man should be allowed to not keep it. It's fairly simple and straightforward. A man can not decide if she aborts the baby, but if he can't do that he can let her take responsability for HER choice.
    You are absolutely right, it is just that Nixx doesn't believe in equality.

Deleted
    its her fault to have a children so she shouldnt even be your woman

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wait a couple of months, then 3 or 4 swift punches to the stomach should solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    I don't understand why he married a woman that was so religious if he wasn't in the first place, it was bound to cause issues at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post

And what's so wrong about that? Raising the child of your wife's rapist would just remind you of the event.

Why spend your years in misery and resentment?

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    In your scenario, why would the man even use contraception if he had no responsibility?

This is real simple....the decision isn't 50/50 because the burden isn't 50/50.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown