Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drivec View Post
    something about having a dog when you feed them and they see you they are always so happy for everything and so grateful unlike a lot of human beings.
    Do you need emotional recognition? Are you insecure?

Well, this certainly epitomizes first world problems. You had to take care of a dog... FOR SEVERAL DAYS??? Holy smokes, how do you even manage?

Let's get a GoFundMe rolling for this delicate flower - clearly he needs a hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    I trained my dogs well. That's how I do it.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I'm stuck dog sitting for a week. I'm already over it after the 2nd day. I don't like this whole guilt trip shit and dog walking and picking up poop.

Someone tell me the whole appeal of this lifestyle please.
    Easy, realise and know that the dog's only purpose in life is to make you feel better. He knows it. He loves it. Accept it. Oh, and don't pick up the poop. It's natural fertilizer and nobody gives a shit if a kid rolls around in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by heef View Post
    Well, this certainly epitomizes first world problems. You had to take care of a dog... FOR SEVERAL DAYS??? Holy smokes, how do you even manage?

Let's get a GoFundMe rolling for this delicate flower - clearly he needs a hand.
    Sorry, can't. Already funding a GoFundMe for someone who sneezed yesterday. Priorities, man.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

picking up poop sucks ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    nobody gives a shit if a kid rolls around in it.
    Oo

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone is defferent. I bet there are tons of things that you just love but I hate, and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    Oo
    I actually don't. It's good for them.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

It takes patience, tolerance, and love. Like any kind of interactive relationship, be it with a human or any other kind of animal. Unfortunately, those three things are very, very, very rare. Almost nonexistent.

Dogs feed off the vibes you give them. If they know you're the man of the house they show more respect. When I was a kid we had a Doberman, it was a huge powerful dog but my Dad was a big guy too and was very strict, the dog learned to respect the rules and became a very well disciplined animal and a great pet. My sister has a Westy, a little white fluffy thing, it is the most dominant/overbearing dog I have ever met, it plays the manipulation card every chance it gets and it usually wins and now it struts around her home like it owns the place.

A lot of the problems you face this week will be down to the owners.

The fun is in interacting with the dog, and developing a bond in which both sides understand eachother. With time, patiance, understanding of a dog's nature and perseverance you can have a loyal companion extra in life who's strong aspects can make you stronger.

I got a beautifull Belgian Shepherd which protects my home (wife and young son) when i'm off to work and gives us all alot of pleasure. But if you're not into the commitment a dog is nothing for you, and you will never know what you miss.
    Last edited by Adolecent; 2016-12-31 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Just do what irresponsible cat owners do and label it an "outdoor" dog, then let it roam around the neighborhood unattended. It's all the benefits of pet ownership with none of the responsibilities!
    I take it you've not actually had a cat that prefers the outdoors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I still vote you get rid of the cat.
    NIXX WHATEVERYOURLASTNAMEIS. How dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    i dont have a huge weakness for puppy eyes and i dont pick up poop unless its inside the house

if you don't want them to poop in the house dont feed them until you know you can supervise them and let them out reliably
    so you're an asshole

What do you mean by guilt trip, OP? Every dog's personality is different and depends a lot on training. Is the dog begging for food or whimpering?

Walking a dog is good for you and the animal. Picking up the poop is the only downside, but there are little baggies that make it trivial for the most part. No worse than cleaning a baby- the latter is pretty bad actually as babies get poop everywhere.

My dogs are pretty chill. They mostly lay about all day, trail behind me when I am home and lay about my feet. I am constantly shadowed by children and dogs.

They go out 3 times a day on average. I do one walk, husband does two. We have a yard in case we can not walk them (weather, time, etc)- my husband cleans that up.

Feed 'em twice a day. Ez-Pz.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2016-12-31 at 04:15 PM.

Deleted
    For us it's a family dog so more than one person to take care of him.. besides we can just let him loose at the back yard, he doesn't really need walking.

its a husky/german shepherd mix. Lots of power and energy. If I let it off the leash it would be dead in an instant by running into traffic. It's a good dog but dumb as fuck.
    lack of training makes a lot of high energy dogs like husky or collies a nightmare

10+ Year Old Account
    When you love something, you are committed to it. You don't love their dog, obviously, so you have less care for it.

its a husky/german shepherd mix. Lots of power and energy. If I let it off the leash it would be dead in an instant by running into traffic. It's a good dog but dumb as fuck.
    These breeds require a very large amount of exercise before they calm down. A walk a few times per day isn't going to cut it. I own a Siberian Husky, and I put a harness on him, attach a leash, and let him run alongside my bike for a couple of miles. Then he's calm and lays around the house the rest of the day. That is what these breeds need.

If you have the right dog, dog ownership is very enriching. The key is to get the dog that fits your lifestyle. There's a reason there are more than 600 breeds out there! Not every breed fits the same lifestyle or situation. You wouldn't buy a Chihuahua to go duck hunting, and you wouldn't buy a Husky if you wanted a lapdog that'll lay around the house.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

First you need to learn how to love poop, then you can learn how to love a dog.

Deleted
    I don't like dogs. I love cats. Does my opinion count?