Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I played on The Sha'tar EU when the gates of An-Quiraj were opened. The sheer level of self entitlement from people who had literally nothing to do with it still fills me with nerd rage XD
    Yeah that's the server that came with TBC that had a late AQ opening, I remember because when TBC launched, I rolled a character on that server Man, pretty fond memories! I miss those days!

No, because if you do one little mistake (wrong skin color as troll for example), you'll be hated by every other troll of the server. Plus, you can't use the names you like, cuz it needs to fit your class/race combo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Wyrmrest Accord Horde has the best community I've ever seen of RP servers. Moonguard Ally is the worst of the RP servers. Alliance typically on any server has more childish people but you can guess which server and side I play on.
    While I can't weigh in on MG Alliance, WrA Horde is just as bad as WrA Alliance, they're both filled with clowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I played on The Sha'tar EU when the gates of An-Quiraj were opened. The sheer level of self entitlement from people who had literally nothing to do with it still fills me with nerd rage XD
    Uhm, didn't make full understanding with me. Not sure in what connection.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I've played on an RP server since day one. It definitely has its shitheads, as everything and everywhere does. However, I find that most people that are native to the server are pretty chill. Even the players from the opposing faction aren't too bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    No, because if you do one little mistake (wrong skin color as troll for example), you'll be hated by every other troll of the server. Plus, you can't use the names you like, cuz it needs to fit your class/race combo.
    12 years never seen this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play on Feathermoon. It is exactly the same as any other server except there are RP'ers (from time to time) and the names are generally more realistic, but only so. No one enforces naming rules.

Eh some RP servers have their own toxic cliques I have noticed. But yeah Argent Dawn, Defias Brotherhood and Moonglade have some really friendly peeps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I play on Feathermoon. It is exactly the same as any other server except there are RP'ers (from time to time) and the names are generally more realistic, but only so. No one enforces naming rules.
    That's strange to be honest. If you mean official naming rules I got forced to change one of my toons names on an RP server once. Nothing dirty or insulting was called Gnomeasaurus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    That's strange to be honest. If you mean official naming rules I got forced to change one of my toons names on an RP server once. Nothing dirty or insulting was called Gnomeasaurus.
    They don't on Feathermoon or ScarletCrusade. I've seen so many fucked-up names. For my part all of my names are "realistic". Aside from Darsithis I name every character after a gemstone of the color of their class, like Orthoclase, Prasiolite, Dumortierite, and so on.

I have generally found this to be the case, but keep in mind that "friendlier" does not mean "entirely devoid of assholes." There are just fewer of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    They don't on Feathermoon or ScarletCrusade. I've seen so many fucked-up names. For my part all of my names are "realistic". Aside from Darsithis I name every character after a gemstone of the color of their class, like Orthoclase, Prasiolite, Dumortierite, and so on.
    My names come from Everquest and FF11. Greetusk is a big one. Was my first ever character in Everquest and I try to take it with me into most MMOs. Only one I couldn't get it in is Rift oddly. Someone seemed to already have it. Edited the name because I mixed it up. That name is from something else. Blame the Whiskey and copious amounts of Cocktails.

7+ Year Old Account
    Usually they tend to have the friendlier types. Personally I do feel the RP-PvP communities are friendlier than the normal RP servers. I guess the PvP part kinda ends up shying away the 'ragequitting' kind, but that's just my guess since it always feels like the RP-PvP have more mature people than the pure RP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    While I can't weigh in on MG Alliance, WrA Horde is just as bad as WrA Alliance, they're both filled with clowns.
    Mg Alliance does have a few guilds you want to avoid. But most are friendly and there's a lot of interaction between them. Also cross faction as well happens with RP. So much so that pretty much all officers in a number of guilds know each other pretty well. Regardless of faction.

Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    Blizzard game communities are the worst online, and that's a fact. It doesn't matter if you play PvP, PvE, RP, SC, Overwatch or anything else.

It's all the same. And they couldn't care less about fixing it, because they know that the only thing the stockholders are interested in is... profit, and who can blame them.
    League of Legends amd Counter Strike I find to be the worst, with Call of Duty, and most of the Xbox Live communities added in, I find far worse than Blizzards. WoW's has become really bad, Overwatchs was pretty bad from the start, and seems to only be getting worse. :S

I'd say Starcrafts was pretty bad, but Starcraft is a pretty empty game anymore....
    In Diablo, no on ever talks in the first place.

I've personally found that the RP servers are generally better. But it's not great.

PvP servers are the absolute worst for WoW.

PvE seems kinda inbetween.

Staying out of the Global Channels until you need to be in one for what ever reason (Guild, selling items, etc...) has been the best thing.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account
    They used to be. The few RP servers where RP actually happens tend to have a great disdain towards non RPers even if you respect their realm rules. They simply don't want you there.

I don't play on RP servers, but I can't imagine that they're friendlier. If anything, it's just that less things are happening because people communicate less. RP is staged. You're not yourself.

The other thing is: RP people are insular and close-minded as fuck. They're uptight. There's so much you can do "wrong" in their eyes and I can't imagine such a nerdy, nutty bunch to be particularly affable or inclusive.

I don't know. There are no RP servers with my native language. That's because, as I know, RP servers are moderated some special way and Blizzard are too greedy to hire extra GMs. I play on PVE one, that is considered to be RP. Recently I found out, that even PVE servers aren't so PVE, as they should be. Despite of name, the only difference - is that you're not PVP flagged by default. Content is being made with PVP servers in mind and isn't changed for PVE servers to cater to PVE players. So Blizzard think, that PVE is about competition too. Also I've found out, that current Wow design is way too arcade. That's, when I decided, that even PVE servers aren't for me. I need RP server. Yeah, community is much friendlier there. But community itself isn't problem. Game design is. Game design doesn't cater to RP players. And RP servers can't fix this problem. Cuz as we know, the only difference - is special CRZ rules in some zones. You just can't get away from competition and arcade game design in this game. It's just impossible. This crap is being forced on you.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I don't play on RP servers, but I can't imagine that they're friendlier. If anything, it's just that less things are happening because people communicate less. RP is staged. You're not yourself.

The other thing is: RP people are insular and close-minded as fuck. They're uptight. There's so much you can do "wrong" in their eyes and I can't imagine such a nerdy, nutty bunch to be particularly affable or inclusive.
    And here is a clear example of while admits they never been on an RP server posts information that's 100% wrong

Provided you follow protocol and are respectful of others, RP servers are extremely friendly. During WoD doldrums, I created a hunter on Moon Guard and people were super friendly. I had a few negative experiences, but nothing major. I rode my mount into SW cathedral and a few people took exception to that and have me shit in character for it. Outside of that, nothing stuck out.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

At the very least, they have a better grasp of grammar. One of the reasons I went there because I was so tired of "how u? i gud to"

If the people are nicer? Maybe by 20%.