Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    I mean, they were for sale to begin with, so somebody was banking their life on them already...
    " When your arguments fail, just shit post! "

Hey thanks for the contribution fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    " When your arguments fail, just shit post! "

Hey thanks for the contribution fella.
    So, pointing out that someone was already trying to sell them before they were stolen is a shit post? I don't get it.

I never said it was a good idea. I simply said it might have been his idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, pointing out that someone was already trying to sell them before they were stolen is a shit post? I don't get it.

I never said it was a good idea. I simply said it might have been his idea.
    You mean a convenience store sells things?!!? Mind blown.

You mean a convenience store sells things?!!? Mind blown.
    Well yes, which is why he may have stole them, to try to sell them. As I said. I am not sure why you are upset at me saying this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    His academic and medical records are completely germane to his future earnings. If they want to sue for this, his ACTUAL past, behavior/demeanor should be an open book for the lawyers to argue over. Then, they should predictably be awarded zero point zero dollars.
    I'd argue the tally would come out in favor of the defendants. Based on his previous life his family now owes the police department $1.00

They should do just that, counter-sue for one damn dollar. Just to make an example out of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    His academic and medical records are completely germane to his future earnings. If they want to sue for this, his ACTUAL past, behavior/demeanor should be an open book for the lawyers to argue over. Then, they should predictably be awarded zero point zero dollars.
    Ah cmon' you know that fine upstanding young man would have made millions! That evil white supremacist officer stole all those millions when he dared defend himself from a 6'4 300 pound good boy.

Quote Originally Posted by MFDOOM View Post
    Why would you wish that on the parents that lost their child? There's no good reason why Michael Brown should be dead. In other industrialized countries, they understand the value of police-community relations and don't resort to murder whenever they see people of a minority race.

Also, it's pretty telling that the Ferguson Police Department, having shown blatant systemic discrimination towards people of color, as a majority-white institution, would recycle the Donald Trump talking point of asking for "academic records". When have Darren Wilson's "academic records", or Donald Trumps "academic records" been called into question? It's only when closet racists seek to validate their assumptions about people of color that the subject comes up.
    Are you certified as mentally retarded or just acting the part? There is no country in the world where a citizen is allowed to attack a police officer. There is a very good reason that he is dead, he decided that he could physically assault a police officer in the execution of his duties, this was a poor decision, it resulted in him being shot and killed.

As for asking for his academic records, this is very relevant in this context. If he was unable to perform well in school this coupled with his proven criminal tendency would have greatly impacted his ability to be hired into meaningful employment as well as his ability to maintain a career. If you are asking for projected future wages there has to be an assessment made as to what those wages might have reasonably been estimated to be. Or do you just expect an arbitrary amount to be awarded?

The academic record of officer Wilson is completely irrelevant to the lawsuit; he isn't asking the court to award him lost wages. But, just for a moment let's pretend that he was doing that. While his academic records could be considered relevant; they would be unneeded due to the fact that he had already been deemed as qualified by the state as his trainer and the city as his employer of holding a job that has a quantifiable salary with a scale to demonstrate average pay raises for seniority. therefore his request would be simple to develop a projected worth of the judgement. Mr. Brown was never certified as trained for any skilled employment, had no signifigant employment history, amd there is video evidence of him committing a crime. It is much more difficult to assess the value of any future wages, unless you think we should just magically assign him some fairy-tale career.

It is fairly obvious that the only point of your post was to attempt to project your racist world view onto everyone else; nice try.

infracted - minor flaming

7+ Year Old Account
    Well yes, which is why he may have stole them, to try to sell them. As I said. I am not sure why you are upset at me saying this.
    Yes display your stupidity for the whole thread to see.

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-12-31 at 10:48 PM.

Ah cmon' you know that fine upstanding young man would have made millions! That evil white supremacist officer stole all those millions when he dared defend himself from a 6'4 300 pound good boy.
    Did he have access to a school and a safe place to live that would enable him to make millions? Did he have the mental capacity to make millions? These are questions to look at as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes display your stupidity for the whole thread to see.
    I posted what I thought his idea might have been. And this made you angry. Perhaps you should take some anger management classes so you don't wind up having a heart attack? I don't know if anger can do that, but I have read it might. But I hope me posting this doesn't cause you more anger, I would hate to have killed you by posting. Although, I am still going to post, even if it might kill you.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2016-12-31 at 10:52 PM.

Prime example of frivolous lawsuits. In the mean time, serious lawsuits from not obnoxious lawyers trying to be deemed frivolous because of cases exactly like this one.

" Yea, hey lets pass up all this food and water so I can steal these cheap shitty cigars and sell em'. "

Sounds like a great idea to me.
    Game. Set. Match. GG.

Deleted
    Milking that cow dry....

What type of home did the parents provide?
    What schools did they have access to? Did they have access to a safe place to live? Did they have the mental capacity to provide millions?

7+ Year Old Account
    I posted what I thought his idea might have been. And this made you angry. Perhaps you should take some anger management classes so you don't wind up having a heart attack? I don't know if anger can do that, but I have read it might. But I hope me posting this doesn't cause you more anger, I would hate to have killed you by posting.
    Haha, angry? I'm laughing at how lost you are, your genius point was what? That this poor unfortunate felon might have needed to become a felon to survive right? Then I quickly pointed out stealing a single box of cheap cigars isn't going to help him survive, and your follow up was "well yeah but he might sell them". Okay so he sells them and what? Buys food? Why wouldn't he just steal the food? It was a convenient store, it's full of food. Why pass that up to take cigars? And what was your response to that? "the convenience store was trying to sell cigars" your response makes no sense, hence my response. Its okay crissi is feeling sorry for you anyways.

Haha, angry? I'm laughing at how lost you are, your genius point was what? That this poor unfortunate felon might have needed to become a felon to survive right? Then I quickly pointed out stealing a single box of cheap cigars isn't going to help him survive, and your follow up was "well yeah but he might sell them". Okay so he sells them and what? Buys food? Why wouldn't he just steal the food? It was a convenient store, it's full of food. Why pass that up to take cigars? And what was your response to that? "the convenience store was trying to sell cigars" your response makes no sense, hence my response. Its okay crissi is feeling sorry for you anyways.
    My responses where things HE might have been thinking, not what YOU might have been thinking.

Do YOU feel like your only option is to rob to sell things to survive?

No?

Then why would YOU think the way HE might have been?
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-01-01 at 03:38 AM.

My responses where things HE might have been thinking, not what YOU might have been thinking. Do YOU feel like your only option is to rob to sell things to survive? No? Then why would YOU think they way he might?
    He weighed like 300lbs, define "survive".

Well, if you felt like your only option to survive was to rob others and then defend yourself when you were caught, would you do it?

I mean, I would.

So, although I agree that could lead to my death, I would die even if I did not do it.

So, yeah.

I don't blame anyone for trying to protect themselves from me at that point, but I also don't want to kill them either.

I will kill them, but I don't want to, is what I am saying.
    Michael brown couldn't survive without a cigar?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

7+ Year Old Account
    My responses where things HE might have been thinking, not what YOU might have been thinking. Do YOU feel like your only option is to rob to survive? No? Then why would YOU think they way he might?
    No one thinks like that, thats my point. If he were dumb enough to think like that, he wouldn't be smart enough to put one foot in front of the other while walking. Your point pretty much refutes itself. You're a waste of time, not going in circles with you anymore.

You're talking about hypothetical factors while the lawsuit will deal with real factors. You don't get more money in a lost earnings lawsuit because of hypothetical sociological bullshit.
    So what schools they had access to isn't a real factor?

Do you think if you did not have access to law school that you could even argue this case in court?
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2016-12-31 at 11:10 PM.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There should be a counter-suit filed against them for failure to provide proper parenting and mental distress they caused the cop their son attacked before being shot.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.