Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You talk about how efficient it is, but you forget it does not transfer healing to you beacon(s). If you have faith that's 32% on two targets of the amount healed or 40% with BotL. With mainly healing through LotM your losing a key ability that makes up most of our healing and allows others to not really worry about tanks as much and focus more on the raid.

The reason you feel like yours doing so well is you are able to snipe heals. Maybe with your previous spec you had trouble gauging who needed healing and would hit targets some one else would heal first. But now that your instant casting you get the heal first.

The only time I use LotM is when I have more hp then others and I have to move or in Mythic+ to avoid drinking and allow chain pulling by using it on tank. It is a tool to be used but not as our goto tool.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think the greatest irony of this post is his best linked log is the Xavius log where he had to use FoL because there was actual damage he had to heal rather than just merrily skip around sniping heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Enervate View Post
    I think the greatest irony of this post is his best linked log is the Xavius log where he had to use FoL because there was actual damage he had to heal rather than just merrily skip around sniping heals.
    I think the greatest irony of your response is that you didn't bother to read what I said or look at that log, where I was attempting to solo heal with that holy priest sometimes putting some heals in. Our druid healer present in all the other logs wasn't there.

On the topic: I get where you are all trying to say. I can't say I disagree either. But I mean, for us, it has been working. We've never died of lack of healing, or very rarely. It's usually a DPS who gets a one shot due to failing mechanics or we just reach enrage. This was my only point, therefore the thread name "My currently weird but effective" because it IS working for us. I never claimed to be working for mythic raiding. But I did make it clear it was for HEROIC and that not everyone raids mythic.
    World PvP and how it stands/standed.
    World PvP isn't meant to be balanced, fair nor honorable. It's meant to be brutal, relentless, deadly.. and it's the survival of the fittest. It's a fight where everything goes and you use anything you can to survive and win. It's War.. a World of Warcraft where only the best survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Tedj View Post
    I think the greatest irony of your response is that you didn't bother to read what I said or look at that log, where I was attempting to solo heal with that holy priest sometimes putting some heals in. Our druid healer present in all the other logs wasn't there.
    But if your method is so effective, why did you have to go away from it when there was actual damage to heal, and use a method and a spell that was *more* effective? By doing so, you're basically admitting that a LotM focus is great when it's easymode, but when things get hard, you want something more reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    Do you think is is Diablo? You can't take random talents then make a 15 paragraph post saying it's good when it's clearly not. And heroic parses mean 0 towards it being even half viable because there is little to no damage going out.
    That's a curious comparison, given his content level is the equivalent of NOT to pushing high GRs but rather experimenting with fun setups in, say, the 60 GR range, which is when I usually try different stuff (not that D3 is worth playing these days).

Nothing wrong with that if you're not pushing Mythic IMO.

Kudos to the OP for finding some fun in the game and playing with people who are cool with it.
    Last edited by Vulgrym; 2017-01-01 at 03:38 AM.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

Feel free to heal as you enjoy it but objectively it's not a good way to heal and I wouldn't like players picking up bad habits from this thread.

To be frank, your logs don't mean much. You're only comparing yourself against the few players in the exact same ilevel range and out of all of your logs, helya is the only one that wasn't completely trivial... and she's been nerfed now... and your link isn't even a kill but a 2 minute try. HC content is so trivial at this point (and most of it has been that since release) that I can jump into cat while tanking and healers barely notice a difference.
    Last edited by GT4; 2017-01-01 at 05:31 AM.

Deleted
    I am a paladin tank and I've played with healers doing more LoTM than FoL in raid, and I don't know much about healing, but what I feel as a tank is that on bosses like Odyn mythic (during P2), the beacon of the pal who uses FoL is usually enough to handle most of the damages I take (even before nerf) when the one playing with LoTM just makes me feel so fragile, even with Righteous Protector instead of Seraphim. So I don't know about the raid, but from my point of view, FoL is definitely better.