Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I get the fact that you can't believe every single thing someone tells you and I know the CIA had/has done some fucked/odd/questionable shit but I mean the guy who owns the place said the CIA warned him of an attack a week ago but the club was still open for business?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayagurcu View Post
    I'm Turkish and i live in Ortaköy neighborhood in İstanbul where attack took place. That night club is just 1 km away from my flat.

Turkey is a secular country which is leading by democracy, rare amongst Islamic countries thanks to our savior Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
    ----
    I wish one day we have peace same as western countries have. Middle-East is the place where humanity experience hell on earth. I wish human life would cost much more than nothing in my country. I wish we could invest more in technological improvements, health care, education and fine arts instead of military.

P.S.: Sorry for my English, i tried to explain complicated things not in my mother tongue.
    Thank you for posting this. Your English is better than mine, don't worry. :P

The thing that separates the US and Turkey right now, isn't Islam, its the Kurds. 30,000 people killed by the PKK...that number is too large for the American people to believe, it just seems impossibly high, by American standards. Americans love the Kurds, and would like to believe the numbers are wrong....
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

@jugzilla that number high to believe? Trust me, more than that. And do NOT mistake, citizens of Turkey is killed. Not only turkish people. That means their own kurdish people are killed by pkk as well. Lots of info to find on internet. Then again Pkk has lots of freedom of speech in EU. you can find their bright advertisings too maybe.

I'm Turkish and i live in Ortaköy neighborhood in İstanbul where attack took place. That night club is just 1 km away from my flat.

Turkey is a secular country which is leading by democracy, rare amongst Islamic countries thanks to our savior Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

Firstly, we fight against more than 1 terrorist group. Turkish people have witnessed dozens of bombings/suicide attacks/ambushes/outpost raids in 40 years. After all, we got experienced and being conscious which terrorist group aims what and what separates them.

1) PKK(Kurdish Rebels) mainly targets soldiers and policemen. Kurds are vast majority in south-east of Turkey. They want to separate south-east part of Turkey and put Kurdistan on map. PKK's first armed action was in 1984. Imagine you guys in U.S.A dealing with El-Qaida for 40 years. PKK killed moreover 30000 Turkish citizens since 1984. 3 weeks ago they killed 34 policemen plus 10 civilians by suicide attacks. PKK and their extensions in Syria(PYD-YPG) are supported by USA and western countries. Their headquarter is at mount Qandil in IRAQ, 300 km. away from Turkish border.

2) ISIS targets anyone who remains standing on 2 foot literally. They burnt alive 2 Turkish soldiers and published video records on internet. I, myself as a Muslim Turkish male, frankly can say this; islam which ISIS introduces all over world is not the real islam itself. They are just barbarians not related to islam even 1%. They took 35 lives 1 hour after midnight in a night club. Why did they do this ? Simple, in their mind muslims are not allowed to celebrate new year, its a christian tradition and a sin for muslims. Someone should teach them 24th of December is a special day for christians and new year eve is totally different matter.

3) FETÖ. Fetö is the short term of "Terrorist organization of Fethullah Gülen". Mr. Gülen lives in USA and indeed his cultist movement were friendly with government. With the non-conscious support of Tayyip Erdoğan, they became so powerful across all government agencies in late 90's. Since 2014, they didnt want to share power with Erdoğan and attempted to overthrow him. Last week, one of FETÖ agent killed Russian ambassador in Ankara, capital city of Turkey. More details -> https://www.theguardian.com/world/turkey-coup-attempt

I wish one day we have peace same as western countries have. Middle-East is the place where humanity experience hell on earth. I wish human life would cost much more than nothing in my country. I wish we could invest more in technological improvements, health care, education and fine arts instead of military.

P.S.: Sorry for my English, i tried to explain complicated things not in my mother tongue.
    I'm not sure how to read that. Are you implying that they should focus their attacks on Christmas Eve and Christians?

@iperson ahh no he does not mean that. that is a big problem with retarded fanatics we have. every year they demonstrate in small groups. stating new year is a christian thing we must not celebrate. but they are always mistaking it with Christmas. But idiots does not realize it. Quran mentions all the prophets in history. That includes Jesus as well. So by denying Jesus's birth , they are actually denying the book itself thus going against the Quran's teachings. But since they are too braindead inside they don't realize it. No need to get triggered. We try to "educate" those people everywhere to no avail.

They do not get the concept of new year has nothing to do with religion and something universal. They take it as a Christian celebration. Which is actually 24th december. Dumb people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    I'm not sure how to read that. Are you implying that they should focus their attacks on Christmas Eve and Christians?
    He wasn't saying that. I would remind you that his country was attacked by terrorists this night.

Panic! at the disco

Shame that it has to happen today of all days.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    Thank you for posting this. Your English is better than mine, don't worry. :P

The thing that separates the US and Turkey right now, isn't Islam, its the Kurds. 30,000 people killed by the PKK...that number is too large for the American people to believe, it just seems impossibly high, by American standards. Americans love the Kurds, and would like to believe the numbers are wrong....
    @Aehl and Jugzilla, thanks for compliments, i just want to improve my English.

@jugzilla

Let me clear this "number" issue. A simple illustration. Lets say a rebel group claims one of US state to be free and separated from US according to the fact that their nationality is majority in this US state.

Operates as;

A) Raids against all US police stations, outposts, military forts, barracks across a border which is hard to protect due to environment (Please have a look at Turkish-Iraqi Border on google, harsh mountainsides, cliffs etc.)
    B) Murders US doctors, teachers, nurses, engineers, local authorities(mayors, governors), religious guys (holy joe?) who work for US government.
    D) Massacres US citizens who live in peace with that "major nation" at that state.
    E) Massacres its own people who do not support terror and do not share this terrorist group's ideology.

Lastly consider, this "rebel group" has been operating as this since 1984. Also that 30000 is sum of military losses plus civilians. I suggest you to watch this how US supports PKK and extensions YPG-PYD in Syria

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c45912...ws-ypgjpyd-bus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    @iperson ahh no he does not mean that. that is a big problem with retarded fanatics we have. every year they demonstrate in small groups. stating new year is a christian thing we must not celebrate. but they are always mistaking it with Christmas. But idiots does not realize it. Quran mentions all the prophets in history. That includes Jesus as well. So by denying Jesus's birth , they are actually denying the book itself thus going against the Quran's teachings. But since they are too braindead inside they don't realize it. No need to get triggered. We try to "educate" those people everywhere to no avail.

They do not get the concept of new year has nothing to do with religion and something universal. They take it as a Christian celebration. Which is actually 24th december. Dumb people.
    starting a new year is not a christian holiday at all anymore. it is actually turned into a more secular kind of holiday.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account

Let me clear this "number" issue. A simple illustration. Lets say a rebel group claims one of US state to be free and separated from US according to the fact that their nationality is majority in this US state.

Operates as;

A) Raids against all US police stations, outposts, military forts, barracks across a border which is hard to protect due to environment (Please have a look at Turkish-Iraqi Border on google, harsh mountainsides, cliffs etc.)
    B) Murders US doctors, teachers, nurses, engineers, local authorities(mayors, governors), religious guys (holy joe?) who work for US government.
    D) Massacres US citizens who live in peace with that "major nation" at that state.
    E) Massacres its own people who do not support terror and do not share this terrorist group's ideology.

Lastly consider, this "rebel group" has been operating as this since 1984. Also that 30000 is sum of military losses plus civilians. I suggest you to watch this how US supports PKK and extensions YPG-PYD in Syria
    American support for Kurdistan began in Iraq after the war in 1991. American support for the Kurds in northern Iraq had not been substantial, but a lot of our military and foreign policy people rightly feel we abandoned them after the war was over. In between Iraq War I and Iraq War II, Northern Iraq, Kurdistan, developed as a quasi-state. During the second Iraq War, Kurdistan served as an EXTREMELY reliable ally, not a single American died serving in that area of Iraq. While the Kurds were so open and welcoming to US troops liberating them from Saddam, Turkey taking a stance against Iraq War II. The US actually had to rewrite their war plans because Turkey wouldn't play ball with the Americans. Right or wrong. It happened.

I only rant this history lesson to show why the Americans have an affinity to the Kurds. It isn't because of personality. And it certainly isn't to hurt our Turkish allies. Hopefully Trump can do better than Obama...who has achieved nothing in clearing this festering divide left over from Iraq War II.
    Last edited by jugzilla; 2017-01-01 at 05:56 AM.

Dude iraq war II took place in 2003. PKK was at its peak in 90's. Well-known western powers, Russia, Greece, Iran, Armenia did feed PKK during 90's against Turkey.

You need to focus on distinction between Kurdish administration in northern IRAQ and PKK. I mean supporting and defending Kurds against Saddam's regime in northern Iraq and feeding PKK to let PKK shed blood in Turkish soil should be two separate cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude iraq war II took place in 2003. PKK was at its peak in 90's. Well-known western powers, Russia, Greece, Iran, Armenia did feed PKK during 90's against Turkey.

You need to focus on distinction between Kurdish administration in northern IRAQ and PKK. I mean supporting and defending Kurds against Saddam's regime in northern Iraq and feeding PKK to let PKK shed blood in Turkish soil should be two separate cases.
    If only it was that simple. How does the US support the semi-autonomous state of northern Iraq Kurdistan, and their control of eastern Syria, and compell them to stop moving north into Turkey? It's very difficult.
    Last edited by jugzilla; 2017-01-01 at 06:28 AM.

Clearly this is Trumps fault.

In fact, everything that happens in 2017 is Trump's fault.

7+ Year Old Account
    We need to finally wipe them all out. Countries must crack down hard on radicals and the Middle East needs to be cleansed.

We need no fly lists for Muslims, deportations of suspected radicals and criminal offenders aswell as far more action in the ME.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-01-01 at 08:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    Religion of Peace at work again......sigh

[Infracted]
    Question to Mods, specifically Endus. What exactly is objectionable and infraction worthy about this post?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    Hmmm my guess is its that peaceful relegion. What was it again?

[Infracted]
    Same Question to Mods, specifically Endus. What exactly is objectionable and infraction worthy about this post?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    starting a new year is not a christian holiday at all anymore. it is actually turned into a more secular kind of holiday.
    Ahhh please by all means come Turkey and explain it to fanatics,zealots, lunatics in general Erdogan clowns

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    We can all thank erdogan for his new year present. Amazing country this erdogans new turkey. the man is a top class world leader, genius...
    the only thing he and his ignorant lackeys care about is the upcoming elections. these kind of minor! nuisances won't halt their walk of glory !

I FUCKIN HATE RELIGION !
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    no it just makes you supremely prejudiced and ignorant.
    seriously what the hell is wrong with people in this thread?
    Ignorant? Nope. Look up what ignorant means. I was ignorant about islam before my experiences and learned and what actually happens when islam gains power.

Have you lived in any country where islam is big? No? I have.

7+ Year Old Account
    RIP.

What the hell is with the santa costume? Are they trying to be funny now? Animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomyris View Post
    RIP.

What the hell is with the santa costume? Are they trying to be funny now? Animals.
    Could be a distraction.

Before the attack people they could carry around bags (with weapons) without people noticing, afterwards they just dump the costumes and you cannot identify the attackers.