Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    And the Portuguese PM was the first calling Mariano Rajoy, the Spanish President. It's something that neighbours do. Nothing newsworthy.
    Except that the country with the largest number of users here is the U.S. so it's pretty sad if we have Americans who don't even know who is the PM of their neighbour.

If people are that jealous of Canadians for the PM you can always more there and say "hey, look at my PM!".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Yes as an informed citizen you should have a basic knowledge of the political landscape of your neighbors ideally. American news pandering to stupidity and being more entertainment than news isn't an excuse when all they try to do is pander to the LCD.
    Fair enough, however, I live an ocean away from the USA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Except that the country with the largest number of users here is the U.S. so it's pretty sad if we have Americans who don't even know who is the PM of their neighbour.
    So, you don't know about the European leaders and assume who the MMO-C posters are and what they know? OK.

The world isn't just the northern part of the western hemisphere.

Deleted
    http://pm.gc.ca/eng/news/2016/12/31/...-mark-new-year

Thought this was pretty cool. 2016 was certainly a rough year for tolerance, understanding and civility. As a Canadian I feel so grateful to have a PM who is for the most part, fighting the good fight.

Hopefully Mr Trudeau can find other world leaders as allies in this battle against hate, bigotry and xenophobia.
    What's the oppositions opinions on these measures?

Has he adressed that a man lost his job and was taken to court over disagreeing with feminists and that's the kind of country he fosters?

How are you treating your natives?

And what about those french-canadians that want to secede? I hear they're a buncha arrognat, racist wankers and that the French-dominated areas should be avoided unless you're the same type and don't want to be insulted for not speaking French.
    Seeing as how you yourself are exceptionally arrogant I'd even guess you could be one of them.
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2017-01-01 at 07:02 PM.

Deleted
    Says a lot about your level of knowledge then if you don't know the leader of Canada. Most educated and well respected people would know this.
    Canada is awesome but it isn't very relevant in world news,

I agree, hopefully Liberals made new year goals to be more tolerant as they preach.

Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    Name one group that lives in terror from Justin Trudeau.

No? Can't do it? I thought so.
    Literally anyone who owns a business or wants to become successful.

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    Literally anyone who owns a business or wants to become successful.
    Okay, why? Give specific reasons why someone who owns a business or wants to become successful should live in terror of Justin Trudeau.

Deleted
    Did he issue his statement like this again ? :

I can't take him seriously at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    free speech

inc censorship laws from mr Trudeau
    Just so I'm clear, are you talking about bill c-51?

Okay, why? Give specific reasons why someone who owns a business or wants to become successful should live in terror of Justin Trudeau.
    LEts go with an easy one to start...

"Carbon" tax

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    Did he issue his statement like this again ? :

I can't take him seriously at all.
    As a canadian, if he ever came within hours of where I live and was going to be accessible to public, I would travel to wherever it was just to have the opportunity to get close enough to punch that face. Would gladly take jail time to knock that smug grin around, I have literally never seen a more punch-able face.

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    LEts go with an easy one to start...

"Carbon" tax
    Oh boy, now we're equating fear tactics with global warming politics.

Oh boy, now we're equating fear tactics with global warming politics.
    No, carbon tax has nothing to do with carbon. Canada is basically carbon negative, and were such a small contributor that even if we eliminated 100% of our carbon output it would make no difference to the world. The cop out carbon tax is just another tax, the point of it to collect more money for the government, it is not in any way for the environment.

It has serious implications for any entrepreneur and business owner, and all those costs just get passed along to everyone else (us, the consumer)

The problem with painting Castro as some kind of evil devil is that this is an American viewpoint. It's understandable why Americans think Castro and Cuba in general were Bad Guys, since, you know, the Cuban Missile Crisis was an actual thing and all, but Canada never had that viewpoint.
    Unwillingness to condemn murderous communist dictators is vile. This really isn't that complicated. Communism is bad and this isn't an idiosyncratically American view - it's a consensus that was broadly agreed upon in first-world nations until a bunch of ridiculous academics revived Marxist sympathies.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Unwillingness to condemn murderous communist dictators is vile. This really isn't that complicated. Communism is bad and this isn't an idiosyncratically American view - it's a consensus that was broadly agreed upon in first-world nations until a bunch of ridiculous academics revived Marxist sympathies.
    You're American, aren't you?

You're American, aren't you?
    Yes. I'm also correct, which is significantly more important than my residence.

Deleted
    Did you just assume your own residence?

I am literally shaking right now!!1

That's fine. You have your viewpoint. You feel very strongly about communism.

Just so I'm clear, I don't agree with brutal repression nor do I support everything Castro did. Canada's relations with Cuba are based in pragmatism; like it or not, they are a strategically located country, and building positive relations with our neighbors is what we do. For much the same reason, we enjoy trade relations with China, despite they also being a communist country, and having an arguably worse human rights record than Cuba. The only difference is that China is a much bigger economy, whereas Cuba is very small. It's telling that the US has a much better relationship with China. I guess money is more important than morals to Americans, isn't it?

Yeah right. We're not living in the jungle as hunter gatherers anymore.
    With the direction the West is going currently, we'll be there soon.
    Last edited by Coronius; 2017-01-01 at 07:31 PM.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.