Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    :/

I want the red gone from my meat.

That is all. I don't see why I need to justify myself to anyone. I'm paying for the meat so why do you need to care how I want to eat it.
    Yea no one has an internal court that judges people.

You order a piece of meat and then destroy it just to cover up that burnt leather with a bunch of sauce I'm gonna judge you. Don't like it? Too bad. I can't force you to stop your barbarous actions and you can't make me like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Which is again, your opinion.

I find it enhances the flavour.

That said, this thread has proven one thing. The vast majority of the population are opinionated snobs.
    What the fuck? How could losing juices and becoming drier enhance the flavour?

It's not an opinion, it's a goddamned fact.

I don't care if you eat well done, but it's often the well done crowd that spouts such drivel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    Oh how nice, I see you disagree, but do you have any facts to back up "steak pseudo-science"? I already posted mine on the first page, feel free to show me where I'm wrong. Was that last part supposed to be a joke? Good one.
    I think it's pretty "gross" you can't back up your argument either.

Does google count?
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    You order a piece of meat and then destroy it just to cover up that burnt leather with a bunch of sauce I'm gonna judge you. Don't like it? Too bad. I can't force you to stop your barbarous actions and you can't make me like them.
    I don't even think they like meat, it reminds me of my sister who hates meat, and will only eat it if its black on the outside and grey on this inside. Good meat is wasted on people like this, they should just stick to the kids menu.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Science does not tell us anything about "steak". It tells us about the meat and its biologic and chemical structure. It's not just the fibers that need cooked properly. The shape of the cut is irrelevant, only the contents.

Contamination has little to do with cut, and everything to do with the environment in which it's being cut. Cutting meat does not contaminate it, nor does placing it on a surface. Unless you have a bio-scanner running in your kitchen you have no means to know what contaminates exist in the environment.
    So are you trying to suggest there have been no tests or experiments done to figure out what temp it the safest to consume various meats? Because thats science, and their have been many.

The second bit is exactly what I said, steak contamination does not come from inside on a steak but from surface contact contamination.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Yeah like 5 star wine experts, or should I say pseudo-experts that don't know the difference...
    Or how about this one: modern art.
    Comparing a sommelier to a Gordan Ramesy level chef. Yeh, no sense in continuing with you.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it's pretty "gross" you can't back up your argument either.

Does google count?
    Can you not read? Perhaps the words "first page" are terribly hard to understand, so here friend, let me help.

"Juicier. At medium rare or medium, red meat only loses up to 20% of its juices. With well done meat, the meat loses up to 45%. That’s more than double the amount of juiciness just gone, a tragedy for expensive cuts and steaks."

"More tender meat. Well done meat eaters know, their steaks are pretty darn tough. So they either drown their steaks in sauces, or even do things like apply tenderizer to the meat before cooking. Why? Because as meat is cooked to well done its muscle fibers toughen up significantly. Cuts for steak are naturally tender and will remain that way, as long as you don’t overcook them. Keep them medium rare to medium and the meat will practically melt in your mouth."

"More flavorful meat. The hallmark of meat’s flavor, especially red meat, is in its fat. At temperatures of around 140 °F, fat just begins to melt and soften. Continue cooking to well done at 160 °F, however, and much of that fat render out of the meat leading to even more moisture loss and what was soft and delectable at 140 °F will become rubbery and tough. Cooking meat to only medium rare or medium at the most means juicier most flavorful meat."

I know its real hard to hit that page button so here you go fella, maybe you can get one of those programs to read it to you as well, something tells me you need your hand held to get through all this difficult reading stuff!

Because they're angry they're more likely to get a parasite/disease compared to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    Because it's god damned sacrilege.

Only question I have for you: Do you put sauce on your steak? Because that is the most common thing that people do when they like well-done steaks/meat.
    Most people who prefer medium like to put some sauce as well, so what are you trying to say?

I don't hate people who like their meat well done...

I just think they have no taste :/ In all seriousness, I've had steak well done before, and it tastes gross. I couldn't even it. I prefer it medium/medium rare. I tend to just ask for it medium rare at restaurants because it'll come out the way I want, either way.

For every snob in this thread, when I get home from this deployment, I'm going to eat THREE well done steaks.
    They deploy women these days?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The "safe" conditions aren't necessarily the minimum safe conditions, just the ones that will obliterate virtually all microorganisms of interest. It's pretty much excessive by design. Again, your immune system is rather capable and can deal with most common pathogens just fine.
    True, most claims are based on ideal settings, even "at minimum". This includes someone's immune system.

Being ok with "cooking to temperature" is no different than waking up and saying "Nothing can go wrong!". Everything has to be treated contextually.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    What the fuck? How could losing juices and becoming drier enhance the flavour?

It's not an opinion, it's a goddamned fact.

I don't care if you eat well done, but it's often the well done crowd that spouts such drivel.
    So why don't you eat meat without any spice?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Medium is already overdone, so that would make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

You are going to be one fat fuck.
    Medium rare was included. What snobs seem to love. Well, drowned in spice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Medium rare was included.
    What are you talking about?

That makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    Can you not read? Perhaps the words "first page" are terribly hard to understand, so here friend, let me help.

"Juicier. At medium rare or medium, red meat only loses up to 20% of its juices. With well done meat, the meat loses up to 45%. That’s more than double the amount of juiciness just gone, a tragedy for expensive cuts and steaks."

"More tender meat. Well done meat eaters know, their steaks are pretty darn tough. So they either drown their steaks in sauces, or even do things like apply tenderizer to the meat before cooking. Why? Because as meat is cooked to well done its muscle fibers toughen up significantly. Cuts for steak are naturally tender and will remain that way, as long as you don’t overcook them. Keep them medium rare to medium and the meat will practically melt in your mouth."

"More flavorful meat. The hallmark of meat’s flavor, especially red meat, is in its fat. At temperatures of around 140 °F, fat just begins to melt and soften. Continue cooking to well done at 160 °F, however, and much of that fat render out of the meat leading to even more moisture loss and what was soft and delectable at 140 °F will become rubbery and tough. Cooking meat to only medium rare or medium at the most means juicier most flavorful meat."

I know its real hard to hit that page button so here you go fella, maybe you can get one of those programs to read it to you as well, something tells me you need your hand held to get through all this difficult reading stuff!
    None of that is scientifically proven. It's all theory.

Your taste receptors can be easily tricked into believing something smells or tastes like something. Your digestive system... not so much.

Again, take some effort to google scientific findings instead of blog posts.

And the myth about "well done is too hard" is based on lazy chefs who don't know how to tenderize.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Medium rare was included. What snobs seem to love. Well, drowned in spice.
    Exactly. Most snobs act like they're better when all they do is drown shit in spice or marinade.

What are you talking about?

That makes no sense.
    If people love the taste of medium rare so much, why do they drown it in spice? Meat doesn't even taste that much (it's there for texture), at no level of cooking, what you taste is generally spices mixed with the meat.

If people love the taste of medium rare so much, why do they drown it in spice?
    They don't 'drown' it, it enhances it.

Making the meat obnoxiously dry doesn't.

7+ Year Old Account
    None of that is scientifically proven. It's all theory.
    Okay, I provided my proof, even though you've hand waived it and said not good enough. Now it's your turn. Prove what I posted is wrong. Otherwise you're just talk, some smug arrogant know it all, who actually knows nothing.

They don't 'drown' it, it enhances it.

Making the meat obnoxiously dry doesn't.
    Most of what they taste is spices, not meat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey if they like it that way I won't stop them. I prefer my meat medium rare.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd say eat what you want, but at least taste the different versions to see if you truly like "well done" more than "medium" or any other type (except raw )

Most of what they taste is spices, not meat.
    For inferior cuts of meat perhaps.