Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    again flex is still in the game its called normal...

i dont think you know how to read, because as i said earlier, flex, normal and heroic in mop, changed into normal, heroic, and mythic, with normal and heroic being flexable as in they could have 10-30 players
    And apparently you still don't realize I said INSTEAD.

As in, the game would be better off if they never introduced LFR, and introduced Flex in Cataclysm instead.

you know you can play this game free if you got the golds for it yes?

Quote Originally Posted by henningsen View Post
    you know you can play this game free if you got the golds for it yes?
    But then OP has to participate in a portion of the game that rewards gold instead of purples. The horror. Oh wait it is not Halloween anymore.

I am a casual and intend to stand casual for the rest of my time in WoW. I don't want the game to become F2P. I am willing to pay money to avoid issues common to F2P games (examples: blatant P2W - we kind of have mild P2W right now, but F2P will make things significantly worse, more bots / exploiters, less content because the incentive for the devs to keep players is less, with F2P they begin to bank everything on new players almost exclusively).

That said, I think Blizzard are charging way too much for what they provide with WoW. But my ideal "solution" is not for me to pay less, I'd rather they produced more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    What's the point of playing the game just to farm gold for next token?
    If you needed to farm gold for the next token, you'd have a point.

But the prices (on US servers at least) are so low that I have played for free since the token launched, have 10 tokens spare in my backpack, and have boosted my gold reserves by about half a million - without ever spending one single minute of playtime "farming gold". That's purely from playing the game naturally, and dipping a bucket in the rivers of gold flowing out of garrisons in WoD and order halls in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    But the prices (on US servers at least) are so low that I have played for free since the token launched, have 10 tokens spare in my backpack, and have boosted my gold reserves by about half a million - without ever spending one single minute of playtime "farming gold". That's purely from playing the game naturally, and dipping a bucket in the rivers of gold flowing out of garrisons in WoD and order halls in Legion.
    Playing the game naturally would include doing 12 world quest every 3 days, some mythic+, some raiding and a few order hall quests. I doubt that even with all of those you would hit even 15k gold a week for NA token, even less probable to hit 25k a week for EU.

Deleted
    It amazes me that some people are still unable to see the obvious.
    Wow will be f2p the moment 7.1.5 allows to pay the sub and the game with gold, until then and since wod it has been B2p, only that with a slightly different model than the usual f2p.
    Some people seem to confuse f2p with "f2p whithout having anything to do for the game to be f2p", but to my experience those other f2p games either ask you for money for having bag space or even more action bars, or you have to grind like hell the currency that it exists there so you can afford those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    It amazes me that some people are still unable to see the obvious.
    Wow will be f2p the moment 7.1.5 allows to pay the sub and the game with gold, until then and since wod it has been B2p, only that with a slightly different model than the usual f2p.
    Some people seem to confuse f2p with "f2p whithout having anything to do for the game to be f2p", but to my experience those other f2p games either ask you for money for having bag space or even more action bars, or you have to grind like hell the currency that it exists there so you can afford those things.
    Name one F2P that limits it's action bars behind a paywall please. I've played quite a few and never noticed that feature. Bag space is fine. It has no impact on player power.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Playing the game naturally would include doing 12 world quest every 3 days, some mythic+, some raiding and a few order hall quests. I doubt that even with all of those you would hit even 15k gold a week for NA token, even less probable to hit 25k a week for EU.
    Playing the game naturally will not make the game free to play.
    Playing the game not naturally for the duration of just this expansion, will allow you to have the game F2p forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Name one F2P that limits it's action bars behind a paywall please. I've played quite a few and never noticed that feature. Bag space is fine. It has no impact on player power.
    SWTOR pay or grind.

Playing the game naturally will not make the game free to play.
    Playing the game not naturally for the duration of just this expansion, will allow you to have the game F2p forever.

- - - Updated - - -

SWTOR pay or grind.
    Didn't know that. Bit stupid if you ask me.

Deleted
    Didn't know that. Bit stupid if you ask me.
    Yeah, i do think the same, that game was full of things like that, in fact the wow f2p model is far better IMO.

Yeah, i do think the same, that game was full of things like that, in fact the wow f2p model is far better IMO.
    Actually the best F2P model imo is Wildstar. Nothing of major convenience, usual 50 boost and nothing pay to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I dont think its worth to pay 12e monthly just to do 4 lfr raids and then log off , they can simply remove access to normall-mythic raids and maybe some other features to from f2p players , that way everyone would enjoy this game on a fair price.

I personally play semihardcore atm raiding mythic etc and thats because it wouldnt justify the cost otherwise but real life and other responsibilities make it harder to keep up , i would like to play casually just to see the story and kill some time but the price is way too much.

HAHAHAAHAHA

Dumbest thing I read all year and it just started!

Blizzard's still bringing in that dough, plus how hard is it to get 60k a month to play??

Deleted
    Actually the best F2P model imo is Wildstar. Nothing of major convenience, usual 50 boost and nothing pay to win.
    Yep, also path of exile was totally real f2p, they only made money with cosmetic things, and more chest space, but without paying a dime the chest space was big enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    please provide your data and statics how much has the population deiced exactly how many people are playing right now.
    Probably just him and his friend who quit. 'Huge decline'.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont understand the whole f2p mentality, is there not tokens in this game? I havent played in a few months but when I was playing I payed for my time with tokens, then they were 32k, I could make that in a week or two.

Deleted
    I say:

Casuals should quit WoW and let's have the old school vibe back again, where devs are putting up a challenge and you simple do it(without a single word).

Deleted
    Why should they make f2p if they can stay like this and still millions of players will play the game? It's business..

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    I say:

Casuals should quit WoW and let's have the old school vibe back again, where devs are putting up a challenge and you simple do it(without a single word).
    And what challenge was that? Raids being gated purely by resistance gating and not a challenge until Naxx?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    I dont understand the whole f2p mentality, is there not tokens in this game? I havent played in a few months but when I was playing I payed for my time with tokens, then they were 32k, I could make that in a week or two.
    I do, i do not share that mentality, but i get that they want to be able to for example not log for three months, and be able to come back and still play for free, without having to do anything for that.