Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's some more juicy stuff: The methods and malware families used in these campaigns areF specifically built for espionage.

The targets. A list of previous targets of Fancy Bear malware include:

Individuals in Russia and the former Soviet states who may be of intelligence interest
    Current and former members of NATO states' government and military
    Western defense contractors and suppliers
    Journalists and authors

Fancy Bear malware was also used in the spear-phishing attack on the International Olympic Committee to gain access to the World Anti Doping Agency's systems. This allowed the group to discredit athletes after many Russian athletes were banned from this year's Summer Games.

Quote Originally Posted by Destump View Post
    but why should it be concerning, exactly? the US does the same, and even worse to other nations. so anyone from the US really has no moral highground here. their own tactics have been used against them for a change, boo hoo lol.

at least other nations didnt outright murder clinton or trump. you know, like the US has been doing for decades.
    I never said the US has not engaged in the same thing. It does not mean the US has to allow it to happen to them without consequences.

I'm pretty sure that if I was a hacker for a government that I would cover my tracks by leaving a trail to another country to throw off the scent.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Foreign influence is not fair game. The US Constitution was formed around the concept of a gov't not influenced by a foreign entity. It is one the reasons we have an Electoral College. It is a reason why US Presidents have to be "natural-born" citizens.
    There is no such thing as a government not influenced by a foreign entity, otherwise you could say that the USSR's existence didn't impact US politics. The question has always been of degree of influence. Hacking voting machines and such is unacceptable, but releasing information to the public is a separate matter. In the end the public made their unhindered decision, and that's what matters. The Democrats pushing the getting hacked angle instead of apologizing for the compromising information and promising reform is a losing play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Don't you want to know if they are telling you the truth or not?
    Would I like to know the full details? Absolutely. Then again I would love to still be reading the TS daily news feed as well. However, I also understand that the value of showing evidence to the likes of you is insignificant to the potential harm to intelligence gathering. So, on the balance, I would rather not know than to allow Russia better insight into our abilities.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    Ummm no. again. from the pbs article i linked: DMITRI ALPEROVITCH:
    Who is this DMITRI ALPEROVITCH and why should we trust him? His story about an android app is dubious. You cannot just hack a custom app on someone's android phone. Not to mention on several phones. For fucks sake use your brains. How would they even know about the app? it's not like it's issued by the Official Ukrainian Military App Developer on Google Play. Just another Ukrainian Fairy Tale.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Just for a brief while, though, it seems. What it really accomplished, was to bring Trump and Putin even closer together... and of course once again make Obama look like a fool next to Putin in the political games.
    Putin and Trump are already almost close enough to warrant impeachment. And Obama doesnt need help to look like a fool on the international stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Would I like to know the full details? Absolutely. Then again I would love to still be reading the TS daily news feed as well. However, I also understand that the value of showing evidence to the likes of you is insignificant to the potential harm to intelligence gathering. So, on the balance, I would rather not know than to allow Russia better insight into our abilities.
    I am not talking about about me or even evidence details lol... Are you completely braindead? I am talking about proving if the allegations are even true or a complete horseshit pile like the "evidence you had for WMDs in Iraq"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    I'm pretty sure that if I was a hacker for a government that I would cover my tracks by leaving a trail to another country to throw off the scent.
    And they tried that!!! They even tried a disinformation campaign!!! WE HAVE EVIDENCE THAT THEY DID THAT!!! But not everyone is fucking stupid in this world, some people can figure out who is really doing this shit, even if you can't!!! The facts are, they have evidence that the players who did this have a long history of hacking, and that history gives away the true purpose of their hacking.

But whatever, just fucking blow it off with some bullshit thinking you did off the top of your head because you're too lazy to actually look shit up on the internet! You watched some news show and said "I don't believe it cause media says it" bullshit and now you're supporting your opinions with made up theories!!! its amazing!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destump View Post
    but why should it be concerning, exactly? the US does the same, and even worse to other nations. so anyone from the US really has no moral highground here. their own tactics have been used against them for a change, boo hoo lol.

at least other nations didnt outright murder clinton or trump. you know, like the US has been doing for decades.
    Russia would have done the US and the world a favor by bumping them both off......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Who is this DMITRI ALPEROVITCH and why should we trust him? His story about an android app is dubious. You cannot just hack a custom app on someone's android phone. Not to mention on several phones. For fucks sake use your brains. How would they even know about the app? it's not like it's issued by the Official Ukrainian Military App Developer on Google Play. Just another Ukrainian Fairy Tale.
    Who the fuck are you?

You're the guy who can't even google his name, he's in wikipedia, and he's vice president of threat research at mcafee.
    Last edited by finskee; 2017-01-02 at 02:55 PM.

Yeah about those fucking russian hackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    He's right though. Only delusional people, dumb people or people with agenda cannot see that.

Not that Russia haven't done bad things. They are far from saints. However vast majority of bad stuff attributed to Russia are actually not their fault or entirely made up.
    Yeah... I watched 2 documentaries on Russia (made by French people) and it's clear that the US is like a petulent child in their relations to Russia in most cases. My own country is the same, bringing in Russian ambassadors and peltering them with hypothetical scenarios.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Department of Homeland
    Security (DHS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yeah about those fucking russian hackers.

And they wonder why mainstream journalism trust is in the fucking toilet...
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    The Department of Homeland
    Security (DHS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within.
    We've known all this stuff for months, that DOH FBI Document is just an official, yeah we know about it, affirmation of the facts that are in the public realm. You guys are all just proving that you love trump so much and don't give a shit about the united states of american getting fucked by russia.

peoples who think russian dont spy all the others country with hack are so high;p

peoples think we all live in a fairy land

10+ Year Old Account
    Who the fuck are you?
    Your biological dad.
    You're the guy who can't even google his name, he's in wikipedia, and he's vice president of threat research at mcafee.
    I asked who is he, not what is he. I also expanded my question with "why should we trust him?"

But go ahead play dumb. Like Dmirti Alperovitch played you.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Your biological dad.

I asked who is he, not what is he. I also expanded my question with "why should we trust him?"

But go ahead play dumb. Like Dmirti Alperovitch played you.
    You have the balls to say I'm playing dumb? Those are YUGE BALLS.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have the balls to say I'm playing dumb? Those are YUGE BALLS.
    Well you are good at it. It's like the only thing you are doing here.