Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    The entire Russian government is a fucking crime syndicate with Putin as their leader. Nothing they ever say is true, everything is a lie. Always. Putin is a liar and a murderer, and I don't really think we can blame them enough, because they are probably involved in way more shit than we will ever know.
    You are the living proof that Putin is not a murderer.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Oh, look, racist talks

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Putin is smart enough to know this is a political move by Obama and a new boss is about to take over.
    I'm not a fan of the orange guy but its all political posturing from one of the best at doing just that. Basically, throw out tough words, kick people out of the country and a bunch of other non-deeds meant to make yourself look tougher than you really are -- then turn sit back and wait for the incoming guy to appear soft in comparison. Political theater... At least the media gets to pretend it's more than just a political shell game. The part I get a kick out is how a guy goes from mocking a political opponent for calling the Russians the biggest threat to the US, to being caught on a hot mic saying how he will be able to do more once he wins his second election to doing the best cold war impersonation we have seen since the 1980s... But sure -- tell me again how it's not just a big show..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Quite frankly - and again - the sole reason the e-mails were incriminating were because they had content that factually stated just how biased and greased their system was.

The medias and the Democrats both ate the consequence of their actions. This is only exacerbated by a president who prefer to speak through twitter than through official platforms, making several medias outlet bit their fingers in anguish at all the money they're losing from their clickbait article.
    Um... the media loves donald trump, even cnn's ratings have to be up about 6000% in the last year. Deny that with all your urban legends i would love to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    When the dirty laundry of only one side is released, it is hardly beneficial to the process as a whole, and clearly an attempt to influence the vote.

- - - Updated - - -

No worries there, the idiot has felt he knows more about what is going on in the world than the professionals. He is, with out a doubt, the most dangerous president in the history of the US.
    Only if you think the point of an election is to ensure your side wins. More information is always better than none.

The topic of legality is funny too. Do people really think international law is binding or has any meaning to countries that can actually defend themselves? How are those illegal Israeli settlements working out?

Deleted
    Am I the only one to think that all of this was just a pretext to expel Russian SPIES? Sometimes I do miss the Cold War diplomacy, when spies were kicked out for the simple fact of being spies...

Yo guys, we have evidence that everyone in the senate are actually Martians but unfortunately we can show you any because "it will compromise the national security". You'll have to take our word for it.

hahahhaaha dear God have mercy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allerius View Post
    Only if you think the point of an election is to ensure your side wins. More information is always better than none.

The topic of legality is funny too. Do people really think international law is binding or has any meaning to countries that can actually defend themselves? How are those illegal Israeli settlements working out?
    The opposite is also true, you only support the leaks if you think it will hurt the other party. When an outside force decides what information to release based on how they want to influence something, it is not a better outcome.

I did not speak to international legality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Am I the only one to think that all of this was just a pretext to expel Russian SPIES? Sometimes I do miss the Cold War diplomacy, when spies were kicked out for the simple fact of being spies...
    So now you're saying that the US government is pretending to be russian hackers so they can kick spies out. Fucking brilliant. What else is obama up to that you can share with us. Besides 9/11 and sandy hook and all of these: http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/bookm...racy-theories/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Yo guys, we have evidence that everyone in the senate are actually Martians but unfortunately we can show you any because "it will compromise the national security". You'll have to take our word for it.

Spoken as a person with no clue about classified material.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petok View Post
    Oh, look, racist talks
    Not entirely sure what you mean by this, but seeing as how the topic is Russia.... Russia is not a race. East Slavic, however is, which most natural born Russians would fall into that category, but that has, literally, nothing to do with this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post

Here you go, you keep saying there is no proof, this is from june: https://www.crowdstrike.com/blog/bea...nal-committee/

That report is backed by 2 other security firms that were also given access to the dnc system.

Here is that latest report showing these guys are russians: https://www.crowdstrike.com/blog/dan...tillery-units/

And that is just 2 links i can keep going if you so desire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    So now you're saying that the US government is pretending to be russian hackers so they can kick spies out. Fucking brilliant. What else is obama up to that you can share with us. Besides 9/11 and sandy hook and all of these: http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/bookm...racy-theories/
    I can't even grasp how you read that from my post.

Everyone is so focused on the hacking issue, yet not one person denied that the expelled Russians are spies. Not even the Russian government.

10+ Year Old Account
    That you think the Republicans are any less scummy than the Democrats shows the Russian ploy worked perfectly......
    I don't remember claiming the Republicans are better?

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    Um... the media loves donald trump, even cnn's ratings have to be up about 6000% in the last year. Deny that with all your urban legends i would love to hear it.
    The medias love Donald Trump. With claims like this, 2017 definitely start wonderfully great!
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

White House fails to make case that Russian hackers tampered with election

"This ultimately seems like a very rushed report put together by multiple teams working different data sets and motivations," Robert M. Lee, CEO and Founder of the security company Dragos, wrote in a critique published Friday. "It is my opinion and speculation that there were some really good government analysts and operators contributing to this data and then report reviews, leadership approval processes, and sanitation processes stripped out most of the value and left behind a very confusing report trying to cover too much while saying too little."

The sloppiness, Lee noted, included the report's conflation of Russian hacking groups APT28 and APT29—also known as CozyBear, Sandworm, Sednit, and Sofacy, among others—with malware names such as BlackEnergy and Havex, and even hacking capabilities such as "Powershell Backdoor." The mix up of such basic classifications does little to inspire confidence that the report was carefully or methodically prepared. And that only sows more reasons for President elect Donald Trump and his supporters to cast doubt on the intelligence community's analysis on a matter that, if true, poses a major national security threat.
    Enlarge

The writers showed a similar lack of rigor when publishing so-called indicators of compromise, which security practitioners use to detect if a network has been breached by a specific group or piece of malware. As Errata Security CEO Rob Graham pointed out in a blog post, one of the signatures detects the presence of "PAS TOOL WEB KIT," a tool that's widely used by literally hundreds, and possibly thousands, of hackers in Russia and Ukraine, most of whom are otherwise unaffiliated and have no connection to the Russian government.
    Enlarge

"In other words, these rules can be a reflection of the fact the government has excellent information for attribution," Graham wrote. "Or, it could be a reflection that they've got only weak bits and pieces. It's impossible for us outsiders to tell."
    "Both foolish and baseless"

Security consultant Jeffrey Carr also cast doubt on claims that attacks that hit the Democratic National Committee could only have originated from Russian-sponsored hackers because they relied on the same malware that also breached Germany's Bundestag and French TV network TV5Monde. Proponents of this theory, including the CrowdStrike researchers who analyzed the Democratic National Committee's hacked network, argue that the pattern strongly implicates Russia because no other actor would have the combined motivation and resources to hack the same targets. But as Carr pointed out, the full source code for the X-Agent implant that has long been associated with APT28 was independently obtained by researchers from antivirus provider Eset.

"If ESET could do it, so can others," Carr wrote. "It is both foolish and baseless to claim, as CrowdStrike does, that X-Agent is used solely by the Russian government when the source code is there for anyone to find and use at will."

The doubts raised by Lee, Graham, and Carr underscore the difficulty members of the US intelligence community face when taking findings out of the highly secretive channels they normally populate and putting them into the public domain. Indeed, the Joint Analysis Report makes no mention of the Democratic party or even the Democratic National Committee. The lack of specifics and vagueness about exactly how the DHS and FBI have determined Russian involvement in the hacks leaves the report sounding more like innuendo than a carefully crafted indictment.

So the left/neocons have cooked up a conspiracy theory and won't bring forward evidence on account of various excuses.

10+ Year Old Account

The medias love Donald Trump. With claims like this, 2017 definitely start wonderfully great!
    If you do not, why support an action that was biased to suggest the Dems are worse than the GOP? Half the truth is often worse than no truth.

The opposite is also true, you only support the leaks if you think it will hurt the other party. When an outside force decides what information to release based on how they want to influence something, it is not a better outcome.

I did not speak to international legality.
    No, leaks punish wrongdoing and disincentive it. They are fundamentally a good thing. I support leaks for all parties and candidates If Trump or whoever got hacked and there was something there then good, let the people decide what to make of it.

The absence of RNC leaks could also simply mean there wasn't much there. It's certainly logically impossible to prove there was information that was selectively kept hidden.

The outcome was fine. The voters decided their preferred candidate and democracy had its day. It's not like Trump is a puppet candidate or the elections were tampered with. How exactly is the outcome worse, other than you personally thinking that Hillary would have been a better president? If the DNC didn't want its dirty laundry released then they should have kept a clean house.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you do not, why support an action that was biased to suggest the Dems are worse than the GOP? Half the truth is often worse than no truth.
    Because you act as though it was biased.

The reality is that someone leaked the DNC. Nobody leaked the GOP.

Likewise, a few years ago, when the Bush administration leak happened, I supported it thoroughly.

But sometime, people have short-term memory when it comes to these things.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account

You are seriously stupid if you don't get how much money they made last year: http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/2016-...ar-ever/315014

"2016 represents the most-watched year ever for 36-year-old CNN. The original cable news network also had its best year in the key A25-54 demo since 2008, the last time there was an open presidential election. CNN will close out 2016 as the 7th-most-watched basic cable network in prime time among total viewers, its highest ranking since 1995 (in 2015 CNN ranked #22)."

"CNN finished the year up +76 percent in total prime time viewers and up +80 percent in the ad-friendly A25-54 demo vs. 2015. The network also grew +54 percent in total viewers and was up +56 percent in the news demo."

And don't even get me started on Fox, those guys broke the bank this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before Trump running for president:

http://www.breitbart.com/national-se...den-in-moscow/

After Trump running for president:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/0...te-house-fail/
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi