Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    You are seriously stupid if you don't get how much money they made last year: http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/2016-...ar-ever/315014

"2016 represents the most-watched year ever for 36-year-old CNN. The original cable news network also had its best year in the key A25-54 demo since 2008, the last time there was an open presidential election. CNN will close out 2016 as the 7th-most-watched basic cable network in prime time among total viewers, its highest ranking since 1995 (in 2015 CNN ranked #22)."

"CNN finished the year up +76 percent in total prime time viewers and up +80 percent in the ad-friendly A25-54 demo vs. 2015. The network also grew +54 percent in total viewers and was up +56 percent in the news demo."

And don't even get me started on Fox, those guys broke the bank this year.
    CNN is a television channel. I'm speaking of online articles. I didn't precise it; I'm mostly speaking about New York Time, Washington Post & Co.

But I am actually pointing the fact that you claim CNN loves Trump. CNN tried to bash Trump the whole election, but somehow that part went right over your head.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Allerius View Post
    The outcome was fine. The voters decided their preferred candidate and democracy had its day. It's not like Trump is a puppet candidate or the elections were tampered with. How exactly is the outcome worse, other than you personally thinking that Hillary would have been a better president? If the DNC didn't want its dirty laundry released then they should have kept a clean house.
    But the US is not a democracy?

Yo guys we have evidence Switzerland has WMDs but we can't give you any, cause you know top secret TROLOLOLOLOLOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    CNN is a television channel. I'm speaking of online articles. I didn't precise it; I'm mostly speaking about New York Time, Washington Post & Co.

But I am actually pointing the fact that you claim CNN loves Trump. CNN tried to bash Trump the whole election, but somehow that part went right over your head.
    No it didn't it hit me right in the face, i know they played up every little bit of trump bait as totally the most important shit that they ever reported on, and it was mostly bullshit, like for example trump is not a racist, and he's not even a bad guy. Apparently YOU however bought the idea that the media hates him even though they all made bank off him last year and you'll go on in your ignorance of how it all works cause you obviously bought his whole deal hook line and sinker. I'm glad you'll have a great year, keep on sleeping right through your own life.

Meanwhile, the russians still hacked the dnc, and that is what we're talking about, not how excited you are that a 70 year old man who doesn't even own a computer and hates emails got elected. No one's gonna hack trump's emails cause he won't use email in case he gets sued. He said so himself. That is your president.
    Last edited by finskee; 2017-01-02 at 04:09 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The catch from a public standpoint is that the US has already said that they aren't going to release evidence beyond what's already public as far as detection methods, and that there is a lot more evidence but it would giveaway those detection methods to make it public. So this article just kind of repeats that which we already knew.

The reasoning makes sense from a security standpoint. If you catch someone doing something and tell them how you caught them, they know to do it a different way next time that gets around it. But for us in the public, it means we have to trust that the evidence is there and is as concrete as they have said. My confidence in that personally though just knowing IT and how difficult it is to tell who was sitting at a keyboard, along with the history of the government sometimes getting these things wrong is about 50/50. They'd almost need a wiretap or bug in the room with Putin telling hackers to do it, and I seriously doubt ex-KGB Putin would not be smarter than that even if he were involved.

Plus there was already a lot of pro-Trump feeling in Russia (some from propaganda, but that's another story) that certainly could have convinced a non-governmental hacking group to do it on their own. Also, that type of code gets shared and copied constantly. A lot of times these security firms analyze code and say the code is similar to this attack that X person did, so it must have been them this time, when in reality probably 100 groups were using that code after it got around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    But the US is not a democracy?
    The US is a type of representative democracy. Having elections where the citizens vote is a hint that a country is a democracy. There are many different kinds of democratic systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    But for us in the public, it means we have to trust that the evidence is there and is as concrete as they have said.
    And what if there aren't any, just like Iraq and they are just saying bs just to start some kind of trouble?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, leaks punish wrongdoing and disincentive it. They are fundamentally a good thing. I support leaks for all parties and candidates If Trump or whoever got hacked and there was something there then good, let the people decide what to make of it.

The absence of RNC leaks could also simply mean there wasn't much there. It's certainly logically impossible to prove there was information that was selectively kept hidden.

The outcome was fine. The voters decided their preferred candidate and democracy had its day. It's not like Trump is a puppet candidate or the elections were tampered with. How exactly is the outcome worse, other than you personally thinking that Hillary would have been a better president? If the DNC didn't want its dirty laundry released then they should have kept a clean house.
    Leaks provide a narrative couched in the manner the leaker wants it to be seen. It is only fundamentally a good thing when it is done to all sides without an underlying motive to influence how people see one party over another.

Its politics, its messy, its back-room dealing, it does NOT lack for black-eye material.

The issue is the danger of a hostile country actively attempting to influence the outcome of an election in a manner that is not transparent. There is no doubt Clinton would have been a better president concerning foreign relations, just as there is no doubt a random chimpanzee from the zoo would outperform Clinton.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it didn't it hit me right in the face, i know they played up every little bit of trump bait as totally the most important shit that they ever reported on, and it was mostly bullshit, like for example trump is not a racist, and he's not even a bad guy. Apparently YOU however bought the idea that the media hates him even though they all made bank off him last year and you'll go on in your ignorance of how it all works cause you obviously bought his whole deal hook line and sinker. I'm glad you'll have a great year, keep on sleeping right through your own life.
    I swear I've never seen someone so blindfully hateful toward someone to the point he create those scenarios that never happened in his head.

CNN was named the "Clinton News Network" during the elections for a reason. But you're so willfully blind, keep on living in this bubble of yours.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Yo guys we have evidence Switzerland has WMDs but we can't give you any, cause you know top secret TROLOLOLOLOLOL
    The Cia wasn't wrong about Iraq. It was Bush's administration that hyped the information up.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2017-01-02 at 04:12 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear I've never seen someone so blindfully hateful toward someone to the point he create those scenarios that never happened in his head.

CNN was named the "Clinton News Network" during the elections for a reason. But you're so willfully blind, keep on living in this bubble of yours.
    Dude i just said i he's not even a bad guy. I don't hate trump. I hate people who think the russians hacking the dnc was a good thing cause it was the democrats and not the republicans.

You still think this is about trump? It has nothing to do with that guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you act as though it was biased.

The reality is that someone leaked the DNC. Nobody leaked the GOP.

Likewise, a few years ago, when the Bush administration leak happened, I supported it thoroughly.

But sometime, people have short-term memory when it comes to these things.
    To release one and not the other, especially when you are chums with the side you dont release, is biased to the extreme. We are talking about a covert attempt to influence an election by a hostile country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude i just said i he's not even a bad guy. I don't hate trump. I hate people who think the russians hacking the dnc was a good thing cause it was the democrats and not the republicans.
    Good thing I'm neither of those people you've described then!

Because

1. I don't support Russia, which I've made pretty clear in another thread yesterday
    2. I think both parties should be more transparent, not just one. But the consequences of these leaks are entirely on the back of the content within it and the people who wrote them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    To release one and not the other, especially when you are chums with the side you dont release, is biased to the extreme. We are talking about a covert attempt to influence an election by a hostile country.
    Republicans hate Russia. Only Trump has extended a hand and it's purely for business.

But that issue, IF is is by the Russians - which nothing seems to confirm it right now, just pure conjecture - is another thing entirely than those who published these e-mails.

Russia meddling in the elections = Bad.
    Transparency = Good.
    Google Diversity Memo

10+ Year Old Account
    You are seriously stupid if you don't get how much money they made last year: http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/2016-...ar-ever/315014

"2016 represents the most-watched year ever for 36-year-old CNN. The original cable news network also had its best year in the key A25-54 demo since 2008, the last time there was an open presidential election. CNN will close out 2016 as the 7th-most-watched basic cable network in prime time among total viewers, its highest ranking since 1995 (in 2015 CNN ranked #22)."

"CNN finished the year up +76 percent in total prime time viewers and up +80 percent in the ad-friendly A25-54 demo vs. 2015. The network also grew +54 percent in total viewers and was up +56 percent in the news demo."

And don't even get me started on Fox, those guys broke the bank this year.
    Trump has been a MEDIA celebrity for over 30 years. He has had more than an appearances in tons of films, sitcomes and every form of media. He still collects a pension from SAG, for his apprentice show. The guy has more credentials as a reality TV celebrity, than a presidential candidate. The media was forced to treat him differently, because he was running for president, which benefited his credibility. Even when giving him no chance, the fact that he was there, spoken in the same breath as career politicians, gave him a far more legitimatizing impact, than hurt him.

The media lying about Trump or making him look worse than he does, is not something that was ever said prior to him running. If you compare how Trump, the man who shaved Vince McMahon at wrestle mania, was treated prior to winning the primaries and after, he was far more legitimate or equal to a competent politician than ever in history.

If you don't believe me? Here is Trump's reply to a question about running for president from 90s, resulting in (paraphrasing) "you think Bill is bad with women, imagine me"... Yet, it was media?

https://youtu.be/DPGTrPjkM8w

The problem is that people ignored reality of his history, to pretend he is new or should be treated the same as those who have busted ass from middle class to be in this position. This is why people used bullshit excuses like, 'when he did that, was he a politician?'... those who complain Trump wasn't put on a pedestal he didn't belong on or somehow mistreated by media, want him to be treated as if nothing before 2015 ever happened.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    If we would only do something like that to remove Greece from NATO.....

The US is a type of representative democracy. Having elections where the citizens vote is a hint that a country is a democracy. There are many different kinds of democratic systems.
    No, no, people on this forum are pretty livid when it comes to the US not being a democracy. Just say 'Hillary won the popular vote" or something to that effect and they will come.

10+ Year Old Account
    And what if there aren't any, just like Iraq and they are just saying bs just to start some kind of trouble?
    So long as all we are doing is bitch slapping Russia, no harm done even if it is made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing I'm neither of those people you've described then!

Because

1. I don't support Russia, which I've made pretty clear in another thread yesterday
    2. I think both parties should be more transparent, not just one. But the consequences of these leaks are entirely on the back of the content within it and the people who wrote them.

- - - Updated - - -

Republicans hate Russia. Only Trump has extended a hand and it's purely for business.

But that issue, IF is is by the Russians - which nothing seems to confirm it right now, just pure conjecture - is another thing entirely than those who published these e-mails.
    There's nothing even in the emails.... unless you believe in pizzagate.

The issue is that russia had ukraine go bad on them, then syria went bad on them, they're losing their key assets left and right, and instead of looking within, they blame us, and in the end trump will have to deal with them just the same as anyone would have, they're not going to correct themselves, instead they're going to fuck with us until we have a crisis of such stature that we fall down to their economic levels, which almost happened already 8 years ago, and could happen at any time really, and if they're maliciously fucking with us, through cyber means or any other, that is their goal, don't for a second think it is just to influence an election, its to fucking win the cold war that we all think ended already.

The whole "russia hacked the election" thing is a good example for fake news.

If Hillary and the democrats werent that corrupted there would be nothing bad to leak btw.

What's more laughable are the "Russia hacked the election" headlines. Don't they know the libtards take it all literally? Just gave them more hope of inserting Hitlery in office even though she lost by a landslide. Hacking the election is impossible since the machines are not in any way accessible remotely. You can't remotely hack a computer that isn't even connected to anything else.

What Russia is accused of doing is related to her illegal email server. I find it extremely laughable that the WH and Obama are condemning them for sharing what the public had a right to know about. She sure as hell wasnt going to expose her own crimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.