Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Here is a video of <Codex> currently the best guild on EU servers, fighting a world boss that's 10 levels above ours, while at the same time fending off attacks of not 1 not 2 but 3 rival guilds. It's my (Swordmage) PoV, and honestly, I don't think I have had this much fun playing an MMO since the opening of the gates of Ahn'Qiraj on wow some 10 years ago.

Keep in mind because it's still in beta phase, game engine has not been optimalized and this can definitely be seen and felt in such large scale (100+ people) battles. Also my system specs aren't exactly top notch, and I'm running everything on ultra (asides from friendly/enemy player spell effects, for obvious reasons).

There's just a special feeling of proper coordination within guild on such large scale battles, having the tanks properly spread out forming the front lines, ranged in the back, melee flanking, a few fast players in the air scouting for enemy forces, E P I C.

Appologies for the audio, I havent used Youtube in almost a decade, and for the like of me couldn't find a way to remove background audio, adding in 1 song/youtube sugestion seemed to do the trick however.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Not to hijack the thread or anything, but the only Asian mmo that has ever actually worked on me for a long period, is Black Desert Online. This, truthfully, looks like a simple hack and slash generic monster grinder. Of course, BDO has that plenty, but it has more than just a few other engrossing systems in place. I might try this, but I have low expectations.
    Trust me, low expectations or not, try it. I felt the same and I had to force myself to get hyped up, ended up leaving me begging for more when CBT1 ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravec View Post

Trust me, low expectations or not, try it. I felt the same and I had to force myself to get hyped up, ended up leaving me begging for more when CBT1 ended.
    I skipped the beta invite myself. Now I'm regretting it, because I would've liked to know beforehand :P

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I skipped the beta invite myself. Now I'm regretting it, because I would've liked to know beforehand :P
    I'm playing Tianyu(Chinese rev) EUCBT2 and Russian OBT, Russian OBT officially launched the 26th and is now free to play. The chinese servers can be played with an English language patch from a third party, the Russian OBT can not.

So your options are : RU OBT, CN, EUCBT2 by winning a key or paying for a founder pack (15-80 eur) or waiting for EU OBT, which will probably be in March. There was a 1 day christmas key code, but that has since expired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well that was a quick test on the CBT. I was online for a minute.

The game doesn't have invert mouse y-axis option. Checked all settings through, googled and found out that it doesn't have it. Closed the game. Didn't even kill one monster or push any button.

What a failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well that was a quick test on the CBT. I was online for a minute.

The game doesn't have invert mouse y-axis option. Checked all settings through, googled and found out that it doesn't have it. Closed the game. Didn't even kill one monster or push any button.

What a failure.
    I have literally never seen a game that had this, or more importantly, never even knew such an option existed, or that people existed who were interested in this. Don't blow off a game because you're an extremely rare and special cookie.

Calling it a failure because of that, I don't even have any words to describe the amount of retardation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Trailer looks cool I want to see more gameplay.
    Here's some more gameplay footage, high level world boss.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have literally never seen a game that had this, or more importantly, never even knew such an option existed, or that people existed who were interested in this. Don't blow off a game because you're an extremely rare and special cookie.
    Never seen a game? How about......all 3D games? All MMO's, all FPS's. ArcheAge was the first one to not have that setting, lost quite a bunch of players due to that. They patched it in some time later, but it was too late.

Using invert mouse is not extremely rare, maybe rare amongst 15 year olds, but very common and even a majority on older gamers. On average about 20-30% players use invert mouse. If a game doesn't cater that crowd and makes the game unplayable for 30% of potential players, it's a huge failure.

Calling it a failure because of that, I don't even have any words to describe the amount of retardation.
    Well you are in luck, because I do! The word is YOU.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

I have literally never seen a game that had this, or more importantly, never even knew such an option existed
    You what?

This is kind of one of those features that more games have than don't.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    You what?

MMO's? I'll need to load up a handful to double check, but I honestly can't think of a single MMO that isn't something like Elite Dangerous (which isn't even an MMO) that has it. I'm in FFXIV right now and I don't see any options to invert the Y-axis.

Really though, that's probably the first time I've ever heard such a feature mentioned with regards to MMO's, and it's the first time I've heard anyone make such a deal out of said feature as well. That's totally fine, but honestly, I'm struggling to think of a single MMO that I've played that has this feature, or any instance of "I QUIT!" threads that I've read where the lack of an inverted Y-axis option was the reason they left.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    MMO's? I'll need to load up a handful to double check, but I honestly can't think of a single MMO that isn't something like Elite Dangerous (which isn't even an MMO) that has it. I'm in FFXIV right now and I don't see any options to invert the Y-axis.
    All MMO's have it. ArcheAge used to didn't, but does now. I have played all MMO's that have come to the market since Guild Wars 1 and WoW times, and they've all had it. Because guess what - if they didn't have it, I couldn't have played them.

Really though, that's probably the first time I've ever heard such a feature mentioned with regards to MMO's, and it's the first time I've heard anyone make such a deal out of said feature as well. That's totally fine, but honestly, I'm struggling to think of a single MMO that I've played that has this feature, or any instance of "I QUIT!" threads that I've read where the lack of an inverted Y-axis option was the reason they left.
    You haven't heard the "i quit" threads, because there hasn't been a need for such threads - all games have that option. Except ArcheAge, and there were lots of "i quit" threads about it for that reason.

It is a big deal. As you are a player who doesn't use it, put it on and start playing. Oh, your controls are fucked now, see how long you are willing to play like that.

I'm 100% sure Revelation Online will have the option for western launch, but it doesn't now, so it is currently unplayable. It would be sheer idiocy by them to not have that small very little option in the game, which is a game breaker for very many players. It also launches a snowball effect - if I can't play that game, I won't play it, and so won't my friends as we play together.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a nice thread of what this issue caused in the only game that didn't have the option:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...Mouse-(Y-Axis)
    Last edited by Puupi; 2016-12-31 at 02:29 AM.

I'm in WoW right now and it has it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in FFXIV right now and I don't see any options to invert the Y-axis.
    So where were you looking?

So where were you looking?

System configuration rather than character configuration, apparently.

Literally never noticed the option, but then again I can't say I've ever looked for it before now. You learn something new every day.

Eh looks good but not my sort of thing. Maybe I'll try it on launch at least to form a more solid opinion than just watching videos.

The boss fights look pretty damn sweet.

Someone posted a video before of the best guild in EU fighting against 3 other rival guilds in a raid for a world boss. That was one of the coolest things I've seen. Reminds me of AQ.

Definitely gonna give this a shot as I'm pretty bored of WoW.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    The boss fights look pretty damn sweet.

Someone posted a video before of the best guild in EU fighting against 3 other rival guilds in a raid for a world boss. That was one of the coolest things I've seen. Reminds me of AQ.

Definitely gonna give this a shot as I'm pretty bored of WoW.
    That was me, and I'm pretty sure I also said ''This is the most fun I've had playing an MMO since the opening of AQ 9-10 years ago'' it felt EXACTLY like taking on the hive giants while fending off alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Eh looks good but not my sort of thing. Maybe I'll try it on launch at least to form a more solid opinion than just watching videos.
    For anyone still not sure about Revelation Online, if there's anything you want to know, or more importantly: want to have video footage/clarification on, let me know and I'll try to provide it, currently do not have a proper mic for commentary though.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    World PvP 5v12, preventing rival guilds/players from killing one of the harder and more rewarding world bosses.

Deleted
    Going to be honest here... the game looks alright, but there are some really huge issues I have with it.

It's too effectful, unnecessarily even, to the point where it's getting ugly and disturbing/disrupting (and I have played a few asian MMOs so it's not like that I don't know that they are going over the top from time to time).... and I'm not sure whether it's lag or actually some sort of skill/animation issue, but it really feels like some people move like Vanilla WoW Vanish + Sprint Rogues.. you know, that lagging shitfest where you never knew where they are currently standing at.
    And is it possible to remove the screen-shake? That's seems to be so stupid to play with.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-01-01 at 08:20 PM.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Going to be honest here... the game looks alright, but there are some really huge issues I have with it.

It's too effectful, unnecessarily even, to the point where it's getting ugly and disturbing/disrupting (and I have played a few asian MMOs so it's not like that I don't know that they are going over the top from time to time).... and I'm not sure whether it's lag or actually some sort of skill/animation issue, but it really feels like some people move like Vanilla WoW Vanish + Sprint Rogues.. you know, that lagging shitfest where you never knew where they are currently standing at.
    And is it possible to remove the screen-shake? That's seems to be so stupid to play with.
    That's due to game not being optimalised/beta/my hardware/recording software. I can tell you for sure that players position is pinpoint accurate and I know because I have a lot of skillshots that require deadly accuracy to hit.

Removing screen-shake is possible, honestly I don't know why I haven't done it yet. I guess I have grown used to it by now, and it feels awesome.

I haven't really looked into Revelation Online yet. When I was playing BnS everyone talked about how good this game was going to be etc. I will check out the videos posted earlier in the thread (at work now).

I watched the trailer/gameplay and very few streams, but haven't seen anything exciting. If anything the gameplay itself looked very binary. You just stand there pressing skills and attacking your target and that was it. Reminded me of when my buddy tried to show me how badass Lineage was and he pvp'd someone and they both stood still attacking each other mashing skills until one person died.

BnS is far from perfect, but both the PvE and PvP gameplay was incredibly rewarding to partake in. The evasion, combo, and defensive skills blended perfectly together with dungeon mechanics. It was very enjoyable and I find myself missing the game rather frequently.

I also take very little excitement from massive pvp/sieges. It's usually just a giant clusterfuck and not fun.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I haven't really looked into Revelation Online yet. When I was playing BnS everyone talked about how good this game was going to be etc. I will check out the videos posted earlier in the thread (at work now).

I watched the trailer/gameplay and very few streams, but haven't seen anything exciting. If anything the gameplay itself looked very binary. You just stand there pressing skills and attacking your target and that was it. Reminded me of when my buddy tried to show me how badass Lineage was and he pvp'd someone and they both stood still attacking each other mashing skills until one person died.

BnS is far from perfect, but both the PvE and PvP gameplay was incredibly rewarding to partake in. The evasion, combo, and defensive skills blended perfectly together with dungeon mechanics. It was very enjoyable and I find myself missing the game rather frequently.

I also take very little excitement from massive pvp/sieges. It's usually just a giant clusterfuck and not fun.
    PvE vs easy world bosses with very little mechanics & large scale open world pvp in a game that's still in beta phase and thus extremely laggy is always going to look simple and boring. I can assure you actual pvp and challenging pve content is far from what I've shown in the videos.

As for the clusterfuck thing, I agree with you but I don't actually feel that in Revelation, even though there's a large number of players you still feel like you make an impact, it feels real.^

And I don't post video footage of challenging PvE content that can still be considered competitive and thus will reveal strategy we do not wish to share.

10+ Year Old Account
    You what?

What does inverting the axis do for gamers that choose to use it, and why is not having it unplayable? I get that it swaps the directions and what not, but does it make it feel like a fight stick or something? I've never played with that setting and never felt like I needed to, so I'm legitimately curious as to why some people feel it is a hardline requirement.