Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Its way to forced. If it was optional it would be amazing. But having to do all the questlines is lame.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Suramar is awesome. Its "disguise" idiotic "mechanic" is not. Elfs are not that stupid, seriously, they would instantly understand that SOMETHING IS NOT QUITE RIGHT at the moment they see an "elf" riding some non-typical elf mount. The zone itself is awesome, though, and I'd love to have more content like that, just without this idiotic disguise.
    Yeah the mount thing is a stretch. I actually bought the store mount just so I could complete my disguise. The only time I use it is for blending in Suramar, and then only for my own amusement.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

There are still two regular quests that I would very much like to turn in if I only I could find my way back to the NPCs... and forget those world quests that are located all the way back at the heart of the city.

Flying will make Suramar a little more bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomyris View Post
    Yes, very, but I would not want it changed. it is the only dangerous place we have in open world.
    Exactly!

I especially like sneaking around on my DH, gliding rooftop to rooftop. I feel like Batman in Gotham.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    There are still two regular quests that I would very much like to turn in if I only I could find my way back to the NPCs... and forget those world quests that are located all the way back at the heart of the city.

Flying will make Suramar a little more bearable.
    Flying will make it boring. Unless they add flying guards. Suramar should absolutely have flying guards, just like Stormwind or Orgrimmar. Infiltrating Suramar should feel like trying to infiltrate Orgrimmar as Alliance or Stormwind as Horde.

I appreciate the difficulty of the enemies, but the city is so goddamn ugly.

Ah, so players were complaining about too much red in their zones huh? Well this time let's try... blue.

How much blue?

ALL OF IT

Suramar's probably my favorite zone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Something's not quite right!

I'm an altoholic. When I'm in the mood, I enjoy running around as a Feral Druid or a Rogue, but I'm getting tired of Suramar turning my World of Warcraft into what I imagine Assassin's Creed might play like. Being forced to skulk around under an illusion just doesn't play to my DK's class fantasy.

Are the rest of you actually having fun with the constant runs through packs of mobs with AoE dispels? Are things going to get better next patch, or will I have to keep pushing alts through that mess?
    Absolutely hated it while gearing up.
    Now that I outgear it, it is just a nuisance - I can pull half of the city and aoe them down.

But it's damn pretty zone. Can't deny that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    I appreciate the difficulty of the enemies, but the city is so goddamn ugly.

Ah, so players were complaining about too much red in their zones huh? Well this time let's try... blue.

How much blue?

ALL OF IT
    I think it's easily the most beautiful city they've done, but that's a matter of taste. Which cities do you like better?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    You are carefully moving around in an enemy stronghold while trying to avoid detection as much as possible.
    That is certainly well done and makes sense too.

What is annoying (but that goes for all of WoW, not just Suramar) is navigating on the ground. I get lost constantly. Esp when I die, I pop out in the middle of nowhere and have to search my corpse. Ugh. I HATE that they don't give us the gryphon when we die anymore.
    Actually we do, intermittently.
    Some areas when travelling back to my corpse will grant me the gryphon as I pass through, but then it will disappear at others.
    Seems to be very specific areas.
    I would assume it is an incomplete implementation at this point due to lack of flying, perhaps even getting it at all being a bug as that could potentially allow access that from the ground is harder, or not available.

The zone looks nice, sure but I find the whole layout to be annoying.
    Portals which we go to the bother of unlocking, with only a fraction actually relevant or useful.
    Random patrols which when RNG isn't in your favour results in unavoidable detection.
    It isn't so much a "skill" to avoid detection, but half of it is sheer dumb luck.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-01-03 at 10:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Absolutely, i hated it since toon 1, and have done it three times just for AP. The colour scheme makes me want to spew.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Its way to forced. If it was optional it would be amazing. But having to do all the questlines is lame.
    I hate Suramar and beeing forced into that Zone as well.

If the guards piss me off I spec guardian and wreck these MF's! They are like a fly in your toilet buzzing around your butt while you want to take a dump. A plain annoyance that doesn't bring any thrill to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Flying will make it boring. Unless they add flying guards. Suramar should absolutely have flying guards, just like Stormwind or Orgrimmar. Infiltrating Suramar should feel like trying to infiltrate Orgrimmar as Alliance or Stormwind as Horde.
    By the time we get flying, Suramar will be conquered by us, so if anything, there should be no guards hostile towards players.

As for alts, there should be a way to skip all the bullshit, not only by flying but all the fuckload of RP pauses in between.

Blizz, you have the mighty cutscene tech - USE IT SO I COULD SKIP IT!

Yeah, I'm happy to be finished with it and I hope Blizzard is as well. I don't mind the mechanics or aesthetics but I did feel that the mandatory questlines were just way toooooo looooooong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am actually loving the place, so much! Just the sheer size of the place, it's awesome! Of course, wish we could use it safer without falling victims to the guards, but alas, we're at war!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I don't mind the city, but its so easy to get lost. It would've helped a lot if it had its own map which also shows all the stairways going up and down. It took some time to get to know the city well enough to properly navigate. The guards can be quite annoying if they happen to block your path, otherwise its really easy to avoid them. But if you get caught.... it really sucks that there's no basket in the north-eastern part of the city with all the powerful elite mobs, most of the time I have to jump in the canal and hide underneath to drop aggro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    100% absolutely.

Suramar City sucks. The disguise mechanic is awful. The gating of the storyline behind a reputation wall is retarded. And overall the entire zone seems to serve no purpose other than to slow you down as much as possible.

Its impressive that after the game has been out for 12 years they still somehow made the current expansion's end-game zone the worst one yet. Even Vale wasn't this bad.
    Your opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solidbear View Post
    I just wish Suramar's map worked like Thundertotem in Highmountain (it zooms in like being in a capital city).

Its so frustrating to navigate.
    this....

that said, i love the place and the lore
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Suramar is fine, but some zones of the city reminds me of Tyr's Hand, watch carefully or get perma charged + cc by elites

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    100% absolutely.

Suramar City sucks. The disguise mechanic is awful. The gating of the storyline behind a reputation wall is retarded. And overall the entire zone seems to serve no purpose other than to slow you down as much as possible.

Its impressive that after the game has been out for 12 years they still somehow made the current expansion's end-game zone the worst one yet. Even Vale wasn't this bad.
    Even though you worded it quite strongly, I agree. Suramar is the premiere reason for me not to alt in the foreseeable future. But Vale was pretty effin retarded as well.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I don't mind the city, but its so easy to get lost. It would've helped a lot if it had its own map which also shows all the stairways going up and down. It took some time to get to know the city well enough to properly navigate. The guards can be quite annoying if they happen to block your path, otherwise its really easy to avoid them. But if you get caught.... it really sucks that there's no basket in the north-eastern part of the city with all the powerful elite mobs, most of the time I have to jump in the canal and hide underneath to drop aggro.
    I feel the same way. Even with all the teleporters from Shal'aran some routes in town are terrible. If possible I ride with the water strider on the canals to get near the places I have to, if I have to.
    I understand, that we should have a feeling of danger in the middle of the enemy town, but even there could be some safe spots, where you can hide for a few minutes if necessary.

I remember the phasing in Icecrown, where you had no chance to help someone with a quest, if you were at some other step before or later. Maybe this could be the reason why there is not so much to see of the rebels and the efforts of our questing. *shrug* Since I'm no developer I can't even think of the reasons, why things are like they are.