Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What the actual fuck, America?

Sees CNN and the bullshit detector goes off.

They are so unbiased and ethical themselves...
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    Sees CNN and the bullshit detector goes off.

They are so unbiased and ethical themselves...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/03/house-gop-votes-to-gut-independent-ethics-office.html

There feel better?

10+ Year Old Account
    My real concern is the fact that this organization only watches the house, there should be one that watches the whole damn government.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    They're claiming that it gets "abused" with "false accusations." What's funny, is its the congressmen who are being accused by the OCE that want to kill it.

I wrote to my rep and told him he can go fuck himself (well, more politely than that) if he votes for this shit. Not that it'll do any good.

- - - Updated - - -

Ryan has his moments where he's not a complete scumbag.

- - - Updated - - -

Flint's doing a one to one trade. One bottle of their sludge for your bottle of clean water.
    Ryan is a scumbag but it's also knowing when is the time for a power grab. Most of the senior and high up GOP reps opppse this because they know it can backfire so god damn hard and become a major talking point. They want to push their agenda but if they're already wanting to tackle Obamacare, they have to watch their steps. They can't afford to give Sanders and Warren huge mid term talking points and this would be an enormous one. They'll already have Trump, ACA repeal, and North Carolina.

It's basically newer blood GOP reps voting due to being under various investigations themselves. It's an attempted cover up and trying to get control of the committee without understanding the damage.

The committee was even fucking made because the House Ethics Committee failed over and over and just used it for partisan witch hunts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Holy shit. This is huge. Do people not see how huge this is?

The fact it was done with no warning, on a public holiday, in the most secretive way possible, just demonstrates how this has been orchestrated in the most shadiest way possible. Why would you need to remove the thing overseeing you if you didn't plan on being as completely corrupt as possible? It's like you plan to murder someone so you quickly make murder legal.

Talk about corruption...

And what's next? Freedom of the press? Freedom of speech?

Holy shit. How can anyone justify this. And the only reason they have the balls to do this is because they've seen that no matter what they do, complete fucking idiots are still going to vote for them, just to get back at 'the other side'. People will see their freedoms, their livelihoods, their safety, all completely eroded, just for the sake of 'beating' the left.

Holy shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Imagine the outcry from Repubs if Obama did this, hooo boy. But apparently it's all fine and dandy when Repubs do dumb shit.
    Trump just said on Twitter he thought wasting time on dismantling the comitee was a waste of time and resources -- that there are so many things more important than this to deal with.

And here I come on this thread, with people making this about Trump while Trump's against it.

The irony.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Trump just said on Twitter he thought wasting time on dismantling the comitee was a waste of time and resources -- that there are so many things more important than this to deal with.

And here I come on this thread, with people making this about Trump while Trump's against it.

The irony.
    Trump has not come out against it. His tweet even goes as far as calling the Independent Ethics Watchdog "unfair".

"There are other things they could be working on first" does not equal "I do not support this bill".
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Trump has not come out against it. His tweet even goes as far as calling the Independent Ethics Watchdog "unfair".

"There are other things they could be working on first" does not equal "I do not support this bill".
    Again, my point: Trump just said on Twitter he thought wasting time on dismantling the committee was a waste of time and resources -- that there are so many things more important than this to deal with.

Read: This is a House decision that could wait and is not a priority, according to Trump, yet the fanatics say it's all on Trump's.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, my point: Trump just said on Twitter he thought wasting time on dismantling the committee was a waste of time and resources -- that there are so many things more important than this to deal with.

Read: This is a House decision that could wait and is not a priority, according to Trump, yet the fanatics say it's all on Trump's.
    But... Trump isn't against it. He's saying it's a waste of time right now. That he isn't outright dismissing the decision speaks volumes.

10+ Year Old Account

The title of the thread "House GOP...". This is being tied to Trump, because he is an incoming GOP President.

Trump didn't come out against it. He could have, but instead he sat on the fence. Instead of saying "Totally against this! Wrong!", he said "More important things they could be doing".
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    But... Trump isn't against it. He's saying it's a waste of time right now. That he isn't outright dismissing the decision speaks volumes.
    Again, making this about Trump. Although, between you and me, this committee hasn't done anything impactful in the years it has been up and running. In fact, I haven't seen anybody yet send actual proof of action, which is odd to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    The title of the thread "House GOP...". This is being tied to Trump, because he is an incoming GOP President.

Trump didn't come out against it. He could have, but instead he sat on the fence. Instead of saying "Totally against this! Wrong!", he said "More important things they could be doing".
    And this is a problem why? Again, I do not get why this is on Trump's. He somewhat agrees with the removal, but not right now. How does that make it his responsibility?
    Google Diversity Memo

15+ Year Old Account
    Again, making this about Trump. Although, between you and me, this committee hasn't done anything impactful in the years it has been up and running. In fact, I haven't seen anybody yet send actual proof of action, which is odd to me.
    Then read up on the investigations. Why would you be wilfully ignorant and post about it? Oh wait....
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is the face of the republican party and all of their actions will be attributed to him whether you like it or not. That's just politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Then read up on the investigations. Why would you be wilfully ignorant and post about it? Oh wait....
    Thanks for jumping to conclusions, but in this very thread I've sent the official page with their investigations, plus their Wikipedia page (which is oddly empty).

I haven't been able to find any proof of action and, like you, people put the task of proving they did nothing on me. How the hell am I supposed to give you proof that something doesn't exist? Oh wait.

So yeah, unless you're going to give proof, move along.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Trump is the face of the republican party and all of their actions will be attributed to him whether you like it or not. That's just politics.
    And that makes it ironic, again. Because whenever the alt-right nuts generalized the DNC actions on Hillary's, she had a rush of people separating her from her party, although she was directly implicated.
    Google Diversity Memo

The irony.
    Which means what exactly? How was this a waste of time, since it's the GOP doing something they have wanted to do?

I wouldn't necessarily put this on Trump, as much as I dislike him. This is more a continuation of North Carolina than anything related to Trump.

But even senior GOP were against this, which makes it more interesting. Like I put earlier, this was nothing more than continuation of their hostile takeover but in a way that's going to bite them in the ass. They have so many other controversial things on their party's agenda and they go pulling a stunt like this. The GOP needed to stick with some of their key points and walk on egg shells the rest of the time to avoid giving too much ammunition to the opposition in the mid terms or 2020. It's a waste of time in that it accomplishes little but makes a big mess.

Basically, unnecessary move by the underlings that's going to create a bigger mess and make every decision made more controversial. All they did was give Sanders and Warren some more fuel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for jumping to conclusions, but in this very thread I've sent the official page with their investigations, plus their Wikipedia page (which is oddly empty).

I haven't been able to find any proof of action and, like you, people put the task of proving they did nothing on me. How the hell am I supposed to give you proof that something doesn't exist? Oh wait.

So yeah, unless you're going to give proof, move along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    The OCE opened dozens of reviews, based on publicly available information, submissions from the public, press accounts and other sources of information. This included the multiple ethical and criminal violations stemming from, among others, disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff, and former representatives Duke Cunningham, Tom DeLay, Bob Ney, Mark Foley and William J. Jefferson.[16]
    Such an empty page.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that makes it ironic, again. Because whenever the alt-right nuts generalized the DNC actions on Hillary's, she had a rush of people separating her from her party, although she was directly implicated.
    And we saw how good that did, huh? Reality and people don't give a damn. Trump will be blasted for every single Republican controlled congress misstep and that's all there is to it.