Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Will retri paladin be ever like they were in wod or earlier ?

So i always wanted to have ashbringer.
    This was my goal, i joined the game those 9 years ago.
    But the gamplay just sucks for me.
    It is more like arm warrior, and not paladin.
    So i am hoping, we will see paladin returning to form before expansions ends.
    Cheers,

Since 7.1.5 was the patch were they wanted to make things right, i guess ret will stick to the arms warr play style through all the expansion, even tho arms has more in depth rotation.

If they decided to listen feedback available since Alpha, we will get a new mastery. If they were to change the mastery it would be during 7.1.5. However, this patch is coming soon and it is doubtful that we will get that change because 7.1.5 has been referred to as "ready for release"

Well it's going to be pretty balanced this patch : okaish for Dragonslaying, shitty as usual in PvP.
    Just the place Ret belongs and is confined to on a regular basis.

Have fun

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, I loved the MoP ret playstyle.

40%~ haste made for a super fast paced rotations plus ALL THOSE PROCS!

And don't get me started during Heroism.

Ok so yes from PVP pov and PVE (from what I gathered) rets did really well Legion S1, and yet I miss the older version of rets (the play style, not the balance, cuz we are much stronger now from PVP pov). Saying all that I highly doubt blizzard will change our mastery and @My Winter Storm is spot on right in his perspective of rets future, at least from my pov. It is kinda sad that even though I got glad on my ret last season, I found game play boring compare to let's say MoP or WoD, where I was only around 2.4k, I def miss a more mobile version of Ret

I honestly hope that they don't. I've been playing Retribution since Vanilla, and you couldn't really say it was a "damage spec" Vanilla talent trees were such a mess anyway it didn't really matter what spec your paladin was, you were healing. Lich King and Cata were probably some of our strongest times, and even towards the end of BC Ret did ok.

I wasn't a huge fan of the whack-a-mole gameplay from MoP and WoD but it did work and you could do immense amounts of damage once you got good with it. If you were a fan of this type of gameplay I could see why you might be disappointed with the way Ret is right now. I personally was not but I did stick with it because I love my paladin and loved the Ret spec.

My only beef right now is we are basically 2 minute monsters, like the old 2 Minute Mages of Vanilla. Hands down undisputed kings of single target DPS during Crusade. Kind of "meh" in between. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing because every class needs to be good at something, and during those burn phases i.e. Il'gynoth Heart, Ursoc sub 30% having that on demand burst is nice. I would just like some more consistency

Now that being said, lets see what 7.1.5 brings with the buff we're getting across the board, much more useful legendaries, and more developed Ashbringers. Retribution has always been a spec that scales very well with gear and usually by the end of expansions Retribution is right there with all the other competitive specs.

I personally am happy with the way Ret plays right there some little issues here and there, like the mastery, but all in all its not that bad.

I think WoD had the best design for Ret, then they decided to screw it over again.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    So i am hoping, we will see paladin returning to form before expansions ends.
    Best DPS in our guild is a ret pally. Consistently over 400k, much higher on some fights, and damn tough to kill. Not sure what you mean by "return to form".

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Best DPS in our guild is a ret pally. Consistently over 400k, much higher on some fights, and damn tough to kill. Not sure what you mean by "return to form".
    He most likely ment being fun to play. You know some people like to have fun aside from being good

Deleted
    No, please never.

I greatly disliked our gameplay in WoD... especially with the seal switching mechanic that was best choice before we got the 1st tier.
    The RNG was also a way bigger factor that it is now backthen... which was even worse.

I'd rather have 3.0 Ret back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Better sustained DPS and a better mastery is the only things I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    No, please never.

I greatly disliked our gameplay in WoD... especially with the seal switching mechanic that was best choice before we got the 1st tier.
    The RNG was also a way bigger factor that it is now backthen... which was even worse.
    I think all ppl (including myself) reffer to WoD ret as how we played in BRF, wich was an amazing playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by yomi View Post
    He most likely ment being fun to play. You know some people like to have fun aside from being good
    My friend has fun on his ret pally. But this is all subjective. I get that OP had more fun the way they were before. My point was that he could maybe open his mind to the possibility that they are just fine the way they are. Ret is OS for me and I've barely touched it, but the same debate could be had with prot pally. I enjoyed it in WoD but I am also loving the way it plays now.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Actual gameplay is fine but it needs some tweaks like the mastery change. I prefer big hits than the old thousand-cuts death we had.

Btw the only thing I really dislike, apart from mastery, it's the fact that devs cannot accomplish, even with massive spec revamps like Legion, to do a ret paladin that doesn't rely massively on wings to become on par with others.

Somebody before said that ret scaled better in the past. This sentence is false. Ret paladin, until now, scaled poorly with gear, almost all our attacks besides TV and CS were AP based and not weapon based; and AP scaled worse than weapon dmg.

Hell even in WoD we needed 3 fucking charges on wings, 3! just to be in a middle of the pack position.

I like it. Some tweeks here and there... but in general its fine. I dont know why is WoD retro even mentioned. Everyone was ranting about them in wod... thats why they changed it.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I'd rather have 3.0 Ret back.
    divine storm holy damage, wings and bubble arena, easy 2.2k with dual ret S2 geared xD

Awww yis, we did onyxia 2m also, dem good ol days...
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Deleted
    they will never be the same as before,they keep changing the way classes play to try make it better for people