Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Buying an AR-15 in California

This is ridiculous. The tedious process to reload it is just stupid.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Wtf there is a TV channel just for american gun laws?

the chick is kinda hot
    and also, an AR-15 is a hunting rifle? a personal defense rifle?
    because if its a hunting rifle, having a long reload time is intended. and for personal defense, use a pistol or a shotgun for gods sake
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Nobody NEEDS an AR-15
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not good to start the video off with a clear lie that they disprove in the same video.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    the chick is kinda hot
    because if its a hunting rifle, having a long reload time is intended. and for personal defense, use a pistol or a shotgun for gods sake

Some people do shoot guns for fun. Target shooting is very much a thing.

So after you fire your 30 rounds you have to go through some hoops to reload? That's it?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    "You'd think this would be an infringement of our right to bear arms . . . "

Yeah, no. Congress has been VERY clear for well over a century that that particular right is limited in nature. Otherwise, you'd be able to argue you had a right to own weaponized Anthrax, or a nuclear bomb, or whatnot. There are clearly limits to what "arms" citizens are allowed to bear. Nobody disagrees with that, really. It's just a discussion about exactly WHERE to draw that line. Banning weapons like the AR-15 is just a small nudge of that line, not some huge shift.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    So after you fire your 30 rounds you have to reload?
    I do believe the limit is around 10-15. Though I don't know if that law is still in effect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    "You'd think this would be an infringement of our right to bear arms . . . "

Yeah, no. Congress has been VERY clear for well over a century that that particular right is limited in nature. Otherwise, you'd be able to argue you had a right to own weaponized Anthrax, or a nuclear bomb, or whatnot. There are clearly limits to what "arms" citizens are allowed to bear. Nobody disagrees with that, really. It's just a discussion about exactly WHERE to draw that line. Banning weapons like the AR-15 is just a small nudge of that line, not some huge shift.
    They aren't even really banning the AR-15. They are requiring a new modification that makes reloading take longer. Old models are no longer legal to sell while new models will be.

Ive got a question for the gun people on this site. I live in Maryland. Im planning on going to the pawn shop and getting an AR15. How much would you pay for a slightly used AR15? Friends have gotten it for $900 and $1100 within the past few years.

Maryland has a few regulations that im not completely sure about. I believe i have to get a heavy bore receiver. im not too knowledgeable on the subject, but someone talked about getting an 80% receiver and boring it myself. Can anyone explain that and is it completely legal if i know a guy who can do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Ive got a question for the gun people on this site. I live in Maryland. Im planning on going to the pawn shop and getting an AR15. How much would you pay for a slightly used AR15? Friends have gotten it for $900 and $1100 within the past few years.

Maryland has a few regulations that im not completely sure about. I believe i have to get a heavy bore receiver. im not too knowledgeable on the subject, but someone talked about getting an 80% receiver and boring it myself. Can anyone explain that and is it completely legal if i know a guy who can do that?
    Most things are going to vary a little by state. Not sure how much help you can get on here unless someone knows your state laws.

Not saying this in a rude way, but in this case google would be better than the info you get from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    the chick is kinda hot
    There is no intention for a long reload time in a hunting rifle.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    The guy selling the guns seems extremely knowledgeable. I think he sums it up perfectly "It's like trying to blame the car for DUI's"

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Most things are going to vary a little by state. Not sure how much help you can get on here unless someone knows your state laws.
    Thats what i figured.

Also slightly offtopic but does anyone have any comments about the mosin nagant? Its $250 here and it looks like a fun gun to fuck around with.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post

as a chilean i'd really would like to have access to an AR-15, but with a 5 cartridge magazine (so, like a hunting rifle)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTjc View Post
    Nobody NEEDS an AR-15
    who cares who NEEDS one. It's our constitutional right to bear arms. If we WANT an AR-15 it's our right to own one. Now I will say they need to make it harder for people with mental issues to get a gun. I also believe everyone should be required to take a training course to own a gun, and must retake the course/test once a year to carry.

But like the man says.. We'd rather blame the guns, instead of the bad people. As if criminals are following the law anyways.

Why would you even want to do that when liberals have told everyone to just go to another state to get guns?
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTjc View Post
    Nobody NEEDS an AR-15
    Thankfully in the US we do not NEED a reason to have one.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post

Depends on which one it is. I've seen them for around 700 here in Ohio.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Depends on which one it is. I've seen them for around 700 here in Ohio.
    Ok thanks, just making sure i wasnt getting completely screwed. I got a lot of money for christmas and ive always wanted one. I think we are safe with the right "controlling" government for a while, but i got a feeling they are only going to become harder to get as the years go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    who cares who NEEDS one. It's our constitutional right to bear arms. If we WANT an AR-15 it's our right to own one. Now I will say they need to make it harder for people with mental issues to get a gun. I also believe everyone should be required to take a training course to own a gun, and must retake the course/test once a year to carry.

But like the man says.. We'd rather blame the guns, instead of the bad people. As if criminals are following the law anyways.
    well, this. But i'd like you guys to limit the magazine capacity of high powered rifles to about 5-10 bullets