Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry Shame on you, Hearthstone community.

Apparently, the Hearthstone devs are afraid to show their faces in developer insight videos for fear of being attacked by the toxic online community.

Quote Originally Posted by Hearthpwn
    More developers being on them could happen, though some don't want to be harassed by the community.
    http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/2131-y...igner-insights

Really makes you want to take a long, hard look at yourself.

Not me though, I'm great and can do no wrong.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Ben Brode is not the hero we deserve. He does that on his off time, wow.

Also not really shocking honestly on that. I mean, I'm sure there's people on the overwatch team that feel the same way. Heck, even here, I'm hesitant to post pictures or info about myself anymore. It's just the sad nature of anonymity on the internet.

If I was a dev of any Blizzard game I wouldn't want to either. Understand where they are coming from. Community for Blizzard games is rancid as hell.

Deleted
    This is what community managers are for, people who are willing to be the developer's public face and take the bile that the internet burps on them, and allow the developers to concentrate on their work. This is simply a fact of life on the internet and I really don't think it matters where you in it; whether you're a youtuber, game developer, blogger, or any other public persona, you will have to be prepared to deal with internet's backside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not suprised.

After what Blizz did with Old Gods expansion, HS became really frustrating, in allmost every match i saw C'Thun decks, i ragequited and don't even think to back.

10+ Year Old Account
    They keep shitting on arena balance every year
    They keep introducing more agro/curvestone/RNG every year

If they are afraid to answer for their actions then fuck them, they deserve a dead game.

They make the game, they should be responsible for the results. Like making Firelands Portal a common card or even fucking thinking about Purify.
    Last edited by Deztru; 2017-01-04 at 10:28 AM.

It seems hard for so many people to be involved and there still to be genuine honesty. I like just having one face to do all the talking.

If it were me doing the videos along with other devs I'd be like:

"Oh you don't like Firelands Portal being common? Tough luck, other mage spells are epic so we had to make this one accessible to new players."

"You don't like aggro? Boohoo, we can't just kill the archtype."

"Jade Druid's Gadgetzhan Auctioneer + Jade Idol combo is too strong? Yeah I thought so too but these other devs just pushed for it. I told them, but they didn't listen."

"You don't like this card we printed? It's not good in your Constructed Standard deck? Settle down, there are 5 other modes in the game we have to balance for, as well as future cards."

"Arena isn't balanced? In what game has Arena ever been completely balanced? Not even chess is balanced, you fucking retards."

Think they'd hire me?

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post

If they are afraid to answer for their actions then fuck them, they deserve a dead game.

They make the game, they should be responsible for the results. Like making Firelands Portal a common card or even fucking thinking about Purify.
    Aggro vs Control struggle is in a decent balance right now, there is some amazing potential on both sides. RNG dependancy isn't as bad as it was in GvG, that's the part of the reason they introduced standard - to get rid of Piloted Shredder kind of stuff.

Firelands Portal was introduced as a powerful tempo swing in the mid game for mages, something they kind of needed, running out of options after Flamewakery starts. Purify is not a card meant to be played on every tournament - some cards are made not to be good, but to make you think of trying out another type of deck/archetype. Moreover, you need poor cards like that to make the good ones shine. And I'd take 30 purifies over stuff like another vanilla taunt minion with slightly different stats.

They can answer for their actions themselves, they just are most likely not in mood to sit in front of camera, patiently listening to smartasses calling them names while they cannot fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post

They have no "need" to answer for their actions. It's nice for them to, but if the response to them is anger and harassment, then why should they?

If you don't like the game, then don't play it honestly. That's the quickest way to get your voice across, instead of insulting and harassing them (Not saying you specifically for the last part as a heads up).

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    (Not saying you [ @Deztru] specifically for the last part as a heads up).
    Really? Because I'd say that's exactly the kind of post/user that the devs don't want to deal with.

@Deztru, your post makes you come off as stubborn, angry, and unreasonable. Ben Brode takes time out of his personal life to make videos to talk about Hearthstone even though conditions are unfavorable since Blizzard doesn't have dedicated space or equipment to do the videos, and he mentions that other developers, for that and the harrassment reasons, aren't especially eager to do the same. And your response is to criticize the game without specific problems or suggestions on what to improve. You think they have to "answer" the community...no they don't. You wish death on the game...okay so, as said, stop playing.

Your demands are exactly why they don't want to go the extra mile to make videos to explain their reasoning. You should think how much content they'd want to produce for posts like yours just to come out and harrass them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If I was a dev of any Blizzard game I wouldn't want to either. Understand where they are coming from. Community for Blizzard games is rancid as hell.
    I can understand that, just look at some of the decisions they make... They are not entirely unguilty of being harassed by their community.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I can understand that, just look at some of the decisions they make... They are not entirely unguilty of being harassed by their community.
    No devs deserve harassment or death threats though. Look at No Man's Sky for example. Yeah it was a pile of shit but sending death threats to the devs? Fucking disgusting.

To be honest, people on the Internet are assholes.

However, they could a much better job balancing hearthstone.

Would it hurt to change Tunnel Trogg to gain +1 Attack per Overload Card instead of being based off the Overloaded Crystals?
    Wouldn't break the card, but it would help that this 1 Drop doesn't snowball that hard.

Perhaps a Nerf to Dr. Boom before Standard might have helped also, make it a 7/5 or let the Boombot hit *all* targets instead of just enemy ones.

There are a fuckton of changes to cards that would not break them like Warsong Commander but help to bring down some OP cards a little.

Instead, nothing happens, and once the nerfhammer strikes, it very often breaks the cards to an unplayable status.

They don't deserve filth thrown at them, but honestly there is a lot of room to improve in terms of balance changes.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2017-01-04 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    No.

This is just no. Nothing justifies harassment.

No.

This is just no. Nothing justifies harassment.
    Thing is, certain questionable decisions trigger said harassment.

With certain cards, Purify being the best example here, you can see it from a mile away how useful this card will be and how people will react to it.

Does it justify harassment? Absolutely not, but they are feeding the trolls with stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Thing is, certain questionable decisions trigger said harassment.

With certain cards, Purify being the best example here, you can see it from a mile away how useful this card will be and how people will react to it.

Does it justify harassment? Absolutely not, but they are feeding the trolls with stuff like this.
    Yet when they add cards like the whole clan theme right now, they get the opposite, "Why don't you ever add fun cards, why do you force certain decks to be viable".

It's a catch 22. Sure, Purify wasn't a good card by any stretch, but it still had some use in decks people enjoyed. Not saying the decks were good either, but hey, bad decks can be fun.

Grow some thicker skin and quick being a pack of pussies. You're paid to do this shit. If you can't ignore some online vultures, you don't deserve to be doing your job.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Grow some thicker skin and quick being a pack of pussies. You're paid to do this shit. If you can't ignore some online vultures, you don't deserve to be doing your job.
    No, they're not paid to talk to the players.

I mean, isn't that kind of obvious when Ben Brode just said he does these in his off time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    If people can't grow thick skin, maybe they should leave the real game development to the PRO's and get the FUCK OUT. That's why wow PVP is suffering right meow.. Grow some thick skin and Shit on people for once Blizzard! #MAKEMEAPROUDDADDYBLIZZARD #LOCTHEFUCKUP

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    That so? How much do you have to get paid to eat shit on a daily basis in your opinion? "some online vultures". Literally 90% of threads on MMO Champion for example (and that is a moderated website) tells you on a daily basis how shit you are at everything and anything? Under the guise of "valid feedback"?

I guess at 10k a month net I am willing to wade through raw sewage every day to find the nugget of valuable feedback. How about you?
    I take shit from people every day, because I'm paid for that and it's part of my job. I don't see how someone that gets paid - I'm gonna guess, five to seven times as much? - can't. If you can't take it from people who don't mean a thing to you, you shouldn't have a job involving customer service.

- - - Updated - - -

No, they're not paid to talk to the players.

I mean, isn't that kind of obvious when Ben Brode just said he does these in his off time?
    It's part of the job. If you suck at it, go flip burgers in a kitchen and let someone more qualified take charge.