Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Read: His girlfriend cutoff sex until he went to church.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    Facebook is the worst cancer that has come to the civilization in the last 10 years atleast.
    All facebook really did was brought you each other. Enjoy.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    He's not religious, he's mentally confused.
    If you asked me I would've said that "that's the same thing", but since you didn't I would not.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    A great philosopher Günther Anders wrote:

"You honestly think I am so concerned about others idiosyncracy that I would define myself by my non-participation?"

"irrespective of whether there wasn't the amazing fact, that most fellow western people claim to believe, maybe indeed believe to believe or indeed really believe (whatever that means) - or this amazing fact would just not exist: The case of me 'not believing in God' would not come to anyone's attention, Not theirs, not yours nor mine. Maybe God would not exist then."

(my own bad translation sorry but I think the message is clear)

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    "Baptized" by pussy. He's not the first one. Weakling.
    If I remember the meh movie, wasn't/isn't she a hot asian broad? I'd fake some shit to smash that daily.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's always in the last place you look.

It's not like it's for life.

- - - Updated - - -

Christianity is the largest religion at about 32% of the world's population. So no matter which religion or non-relgion is correct, bare minimum 68% of the world is wrong.

So he has a lot of company.
    islam will be number one very soon

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    What does his Buddhist wife have to do with him, as a Jewish person, thinking religion is important?
    Buddhism doesn't believe in a god anyway. That's the whole point of it. It is perfectly possible to be both Buddhist AND athiest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Or... you could just change your mind?

Like how he changed his mind to become an atheist in the first place.
    I don't know about that. An atheist doesn't just one day suddenly say "You know, I believe in god now". There has to be some reason why an atheist just turns to religion. Either something must've happened or he was pulled it into it somehow by someone.

Just like any other religious person an atheist feels pretty strong about his beliefs so it would take a lot for that person to jump ship. That's why I said he probably wasn't an atheist in the first place more like someone who doesn't know what to believe in. More of an agnostic than an atheist.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Zuckerberg has found his faith in the Dark Side of The Force.

Deleted
    It happens a lot more often than people like to admit.

Ignore the title, listen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Buddhism doesn't believe in a god anyway. That's the whole point of it. It is perfectly possible to be both Buddhist AND athiest.
    Isn't buddhism based in spirituality type stuff? I don't think you can be an atheist and be "spiritual" at the same time. Kind of like atheists that believe in ghosts

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Buddhism for that matter is mostly equal to feeling water lines, believing in the healing properties of rose quartz, your horoscope and other rubbish. Spiritual nonsese mixed with some philosophy. While overall probably less dangerous than most of the religions that believe in a god that wants his relgion spread, it's still not exactly the hallmark of an educated person that thinks for him/herself. The degree obviously depends on which brand you subscribe to, but at the end of the day it's still the believe in some fairy tales.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-01-04 at 04:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I don't think that strictly speaking spirituality requires belief in some sort of deity, but it generally involves pumping your worldview full of masturbatory bullshit so you can delude yourself into thinking there's some sort of grand purpose or meaning to life..
    I feel like nihilism is an inherent value of atheism. Well, to a point anyways. I give my own life purpose such as... I want to have fun and do things that make me happy but ultimately we're all just dust in the wind anyways.

He is getting into politics and wants to have a broader appeal IMO.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...k-ceos-pledge/

There's actually an absurdly large number of secular Jews (recent studies put it as high as 52% of Jews in America) and of those, many end up becoming interested in Buddhism because it's actually remarkably similar to the Jewish faith, in the morals and focus on living life better.

Buddhism also does not require belief in God. Note that he did not say that he now finds "God" important. To say his "faith" is restored is a bit of a stretch and comes from the Christian perspective that Religion=Faith in God. That's not how Jews work (follow the laws) and not how Buddhism works (a technology for better living).

Speaking as a religious sociologist here--this is what I study.

I hope he remembered to change his religion status.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I don't think that strictly speaking spirituality requires belief in some sort of deity, but it generally involves pumping your worldview full of masturbatory bullshit so you can delude yourself into thinking there's some sort of grand purpose or meaning to life..
    Just because there is none in yours, doesn't mean you should insult one of the oldest and most peaceful ideologies in the world.
    Tolerant liberal at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    Then he never were an atheist in the first place.
    That's very thought provoking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    All facebook really did was brought you each other. Enjoy.
    I'm not on facebook and never was. I only used it in the past with a fake account to check my university group for infos on exams.

Besides, facebook is a fake reality where everyone show each other the side of life they want to make public. It's a stupid concept made for stupid people.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    I'm not on facebook and never was. I only used it in the past with a fake account to check my university group for infos on exams.

Besides, facebook is a fake reality where everyone show each other the side of life they want to make public. It's a stupid concept made for stupid people.
    Yes, but you have to admit there are very intelligent people that use it as well. Maybe not the same way as others do though.