Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Maybe get educated on the facts. Pepe the Frog is not, and never has been, a symbol/mascot of racists, white nationalists or anyone else. That claim was an intentional lie told by a couple of 4chan trolls to the media who was all to happy to believe anything they said. They went out of their way to think up outrageous lies that couldn't possibly be true to expose the media's habit of claiming things as fact with zero evidence to back them up.

https://mic.com/articles/143778/is-p...ist#.nHJfH7olP

https://heatst.com/uncategorized/no-...a-racist-meme/

Or just Google "Pepe racist hoax".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Wait. Pepe is a hate image? Says who? Because these are people I don't want to ever associate with. And I'm not typically a fan of memes in general.

It's ok though. Between this and breaking up with Game Grumps, Wendy's will bounce back.
    I am glad you denounce Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Maybe get educated on the facts. Pepe the Frog is not, and never has been, a symbol/mascot of racists, white nationalists or anyone else. That claim was an intentional lie told by a couple of 4chan trolls to the media who was all to happy to believe anything they said. They went out of their way to think up outrageous lies that couldn't possibly be true to expose the media's habit of claiming things as fact with zero evidence to back them up.

https://mic.com/articles/143778/is-p...ist#.nHJfH7olP

https://heatst.com/uncategorized/no-...a-racist-meme/

Or just Google "Pepe racist hoax".
    Again, bullshit. Just because a few people drew pepe the frog as an anti-Semite or a white nationalist in general doesn't mean that the image is any of those things. The media took this lie and ran with it, which is the main problem. This gave the ADL leverage to get in and say that Pepe was a hate symbol. It's an idea, nothing more, nothing less. It can be drawn as anything.

Even this, which CNN actually made up themselves because they wanted to make it look as bad as possible. This image could not be found on google anywhere when you typed in "KKK pepe" or something the lines of that. The only hoax is the hoax being made up by the ADL.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Basically ever single Hillary Clinton voter.

From her own website: https://www.hillaryclinton.com/feed/...-an-explainer/
    They generally fall under the people I give zero fucks about anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Joke’s on Wendy’s, which apparently did not know that image was deemed last September by the Anti-Defamation League as a hate symbol.
    I mean does anyone actually take that classification seriously? It got some play in the media, but honestly who cares about the ADL?

From the Hillary website:
    Why is there a frog standing directly behind Trump?
    That’s Pepe. He’s a symbol associated with white supremacy.
    Wait. Really? White supremacy?
    That’s right.

You are telling me someone looked at that website and believed those two answers? lol
    Last edited by Sinyc; 2017-01-05 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    This is probably one of the rarest.
    best post of the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    To be fair, there is a very real association, made intentionally by the white supremacist movements - to associate themselves with Pepe the Frog. So that explanation on the Hillary Clinton site is only mildly incorrect in that it is dismissive of the full picture to get to the point she's trying to make, which again - isn't actually wrong.

With that said, if white supremacists started slapping swastikas on Gandhi, it wouldn't mean Gandhi supported white supremacy: the reality of Pepe/White supremacy is a little more complex than Hillary portrays - but the connection is a perfectly legitimate criticism/commentary. There is a ton of Pepe stuff out there with swastikas and SS uniforms and so on.

Is every Pepe image an advocation of white power? No.

Do you need to associate Donald Trump with Pepe The Frog to call him a racist? No.
    This is only true insofar that /pol/ is linked with Pepe. Other WN branches have little to no affiliation with the frog symbology except where there are cross-posting users between /pol/ and those branches. Linking Pepe to the whole of the white nationalist movement is a bit like saying there's just the one ice cream flavor, and in this case it's necessarily vanilla. The old symbols are alive and well as indicators.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    They generally fall under the people I give zero fucks about anyway.
    "I give zero fucks about cucks" is what I just came up with reading your post. It actually has a brilliant double-meaning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I think the whole Pepe thing is overblown being some big bad symbol and I lean more liberal. So really it's just stupid people being stupid.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Do you need to associate Donald Trump with Pepe The Frog to call him a racist? No.
    True, the people who think Trump is racist don't need a frog to believe that about him...

...nor do they need any facts.

Because the term racist, to them, simply means "hes not on our side".

To those people, anything can be used to justify the use of that label.

Literally. Anything.

Including an internet meme, lulz.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what's worse: That there's a group out there that decides what is a "hate symbol" or the fact that a frog is a "hate symbol". Sometimes, at the end of the day, you just gotta cunt punch someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Again, bullshit. Just because a few people drew pepe the frog as an anti-Semite or a white nationalist in general doesn't mean that the image is any of those things.
    You understand that he said the same thing you did, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    I'm not sure what's worse: That there's a group out there that decides what is a "hate symbol" or the fact that a frog is a "hate symbol". Sometimes, at the end of the day, you just gotta cunt punch someone.

You understand that he said the same thing you did, right?
    I read the post wrong sorry. Half asleep.

Is nothing sacred in this world anymore?

One more to my Pepe collection

This is why Donald Trump is president.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    I mean, anyone that thinks Pepe is a legitimate "Hate" symbol is someone I would give zero fucks about upsetting anyway.
    Old Lady yells at frogs, declares war on them, promptly loses.

To be fair, there is a very real association, made intentionally by the white supremacist movements
    Found the Hillary supporter! No, this is not "to be fair" it is an attempt at broadly slandering and discrediting a wide range of people by putting them together with a few groups that have been wholly lambasted and ostracized for a long time. It however also shows that once you have too many people in said categories you are trying to force them into you are dilluting what it meant and merely legitimizing said groups rather than silencing everyone else.

Because eventually you wind up with so many people "in the camps", all of whom stand accused of this none of whom are. They begin to question your accusations in general and will turn on you. "I have been accused of being X and put here. So have my friends and all these other people, none of us however are X. Does X even exist. If they are so quick to call us X maybe the problem isn't even X but them?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    I mean does anyone actually take that classification seriously? It got some play in the media, but honestly who cares about the ADL?

You are telling me someone looked at that website and believed those two answers? lol
    An increasingly smaller group of people, sadly yes. Or at least they pretend to because it allows them to club everything they disagree with over the head. Problem being when you have more people fenced in to keep "harmful elements out of society" you eventually end up losing all your credibility.

Just let that sink in for a moment. A Presidential Candidate and people on CNN were talking about "Nazi frogs" and making them a hot topic of their agenda, before declaring war on them and soundly losing. F'n hell I'd rather be Anthony Burch.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2017-01-05 at 04:31 AM.

Everyone should know Pepe is a racist frog. Just look at that face.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    True, the people who think Trump is racist don't need a frog to believe that about him...

...nor do they need any facts.

Because the term racist, to them, simply means "hes not on our side".

To those people, anything can be used to justify the use of that label.

Literally. Anything.

Including an internet meme, lulz.
    Yep - on that we agree.

If you want to call Trump a racist, call him a racist for all the racist undertones in most the shit he says - don't call him racist because somebody on the internet cut and paste his face into an image next to Pepe.

Saying he's racist because Pepe memes exist is just stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Found the Hillary supporter!
    Go fish.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep - on that we agree.

If you want to call Trump a racist, call him a racist for all the racist undertones in most the shit he says - don't call him racist because somebody on the internet cut and paste his face into an image next to Pepe.

Saying he's racist because Pepe memes exist is just stupid.
    Even that shouldn't be a reason to call someone Racist. Since going by someones "undertones" is silly, since you are literally applying your own context because you believe something is implied.

Wait, isn't the goal to spread brand awareness with social media? Seems all this has done huge things for Wendy's in free advertisement. Now if they fix there god awful trash can customer service, they may actually gain some customers from this.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours