Deleted

Blessing of Freedom rarely works nowadays

Have you guys noticed that in Legion there's a huge increase in movement impairing spells that cannot be removed with Blessing of Freedom? There's tons. A proc from a trinket from some World Quest that slows attackers, even mob abilities (the slow from mobs in Shala'nir in Val'sharah), an "aura slow" from a world quest boss in Azsuna (can't remember the name, but it's in Faronaar and you take a portal to get to him).

These are only examples. There's many more spells and abilities that slow you and BoF doesn't seem to have an affect on it. Is this a bug? Intentional? It makes BoF absolutely useless at times and it's annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the flip side, it works in a tonne of situations that would kill other classes. Found this out in EoA +14, when you kill the oozlings it slows you massively. Combined with sanguine, it was a deadly combo for our holy priest, I however, just walked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    I however, just walked out.
    Which is exactly what the spell is supposed to enable you to do. Except there are indeed many cases in Legion where it will not free you from a slowing effect.

One example would be MoS, I don't think BoF works against the "Hamstring" debuff in the miniboss before Helya. This could also be a spell type parity issue instead of BoF simply not working, but it's hard to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    Which is exactly what the spell is supposed to enable you to do. Except there are indeed many cases in Legion where it will not free you from a slowing effect.
    My point being, that Blizzard will want certain mechanics to not be made easy through an ability which only a handful of classes have available. I'm assuming monks and shaman's freedom also don't work on said spells.

Some aren't meant to be avoided. Would seem ridiculous if it could literally free you from anything. I'm glad it does as much as it does as a holy paladin I really like having it in my toolkit.