Cheapest solution to run 4k 60hz on HTPC? (no gaming)

My cousin needs a desktop so i am gonna give him my HTPC, which works out for me because it only did 30hz 4k. That said, whats the cheapest way to get to 60hz 4k for my new HTPC?

I was looking at cheap skylakes and they dont have hdmi 2.0 just 60hz thru display port, and of course my TV only has HDMI inputs. If i just went with another 40 dollar athlon+mobo combo from microcenter what would be the cheapest graphics card that supports 60hz 4k? Dont do any gaming on it (well just steam link, but you dont need much for that).

So far what ive gathered is gtx 950 is the cheapest card i can find with hdmi 2.0, is this correct? Otherwise is it possible to adapt a skylake display port to HDMI 2.0 somehow? That is probably the route id go if possible, like a g4400.

So maybe i shoulda googled adapter first lol:
    https://www.amazon.com/Club3D-Displa.../dp/B017BQ8I54

Now i know that is possible, what is the cheapest CPU that has integrated graphics capable of DP 1.2 output? I mostly just watch movies on the HTPC and am currently running a potato of a CPU so basically anything will do.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2017-01-05 at 11:10 PM.

If you're going to try and stream netflix at 4k, you'll have to use a kaby lake processor.
    for 4k blue ray and digital movies, a rx460 will do 4k60hz video just fine and those can run like 100 bucks new. They also have fanless versions sub 130 if you don't want all that noise coming from your htpc.

edit...
    so I read your edit after mine.
    you won't need a gpu if you use an amd apu or the right mobo with intel.
    Last edited by Gilgemesh; 2017-01-05 at 11:23 PM.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh View Post
    If you're going to try and stream netflix at 4k, you'll have to use a kaby lake processor.
    for 4k blue ray and digital movies, a rx460 will do 4k60hz video just fine and those can run like 100 bucks new. They also have fanless versions sub 130 if you don't want all that noise coming from your htpc.
    I do all my streaming thru my vizio's built in 4k chromecast, HTPC is for popcorn time lol. I just want to be able to run desktop at 4k basically, but at 30hz the mouse movement is offputting i need a solution for 60hz. Rx 460 would be massive overkill, looking for something cheaper. Heck maybe the athlon i currently have with the adapter linked above will do what i want it to.

Well thats the thing almost no CPU's have built in HDMI 2.0 id have to use an adapter either way it seems. This athlon 5350 i have currently wont even playback 4k videos on youtube its so potato, but i dont really care i just want 4k for the desktop. Even kaby lake CPU's dont have HDMI 2.0 spec, just display port.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2017-01-05 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I do all my streaming thru my vizio's built in 4k chromecast, HTPC is for popcorn time lol. I just want to be able to run desktop at 4k basically, but at 30hz the mouse movement is offputting i need a solution for 60hz. Rx 460 would be massive overkill, looking for something cheaper. Heck maybe the athlon i currently have with the adapter linked above will do what i want it to.
    if it has displayport, a DP to hdmi 2.0 adaptor with a high speed hdmi cable would most certainly be the cheapest solution.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh View Post
    if it has displayport, a DP to hdmi 2.0 adaptor with a high speed hdmi cable would most certainly be the cheapest solution.
    I just found out the new pentium kaby lakes have hyperthreading, that is a first! I think i am going to look into the low power variants like the 4600t, 35w part and it still has HD 630 graphics. Now i just need to convince my microcenter to carry the low power pentiums, heh.