Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Last edited by skynet1990; 2017-01-03 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Becasue Reasons

Remember that time they said they wanted to diversify talents?

I hope they just forgot to do that and this wasn't their attempt at doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
    Remember that time they said they wanted to diversify talents?

I hope they just forgot to do that and this wasn't their attempt at doing it.
    +1
    i had such high hopes for 7.1.5, when they said "a lot of talents will be baked into the spec", i was 100% sure they were talking about Ret, but they ended up with such minor changes, i dont think any1 will bother

only good thing about 7.1.5 is that they finally removed that damn might blessing, took them long enough
    Last edited by Improtaight; 2017-01-05 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Improtaight View Post
    +1
    i had such high hopes for 7.1.5, when they said "a lot of talents will be baked into the spec", i was 100% sure they were talking about Ret, but they ended up with such minor changes, i dont think any1 will bother

only good thing about 7.1.5 is that they finally removed that damn might blessing, took them long enough
    To be fair in PvE I'll probably take Judgement of Light now instead of Divine Intervention thanks to the nerf. 1 min off DS isn't really enough to warrent a talent imo.

Divine Hammer might actually be worth taking now, at least more so in mythic +. Sadly, Execution Sentence might be better on pure single target fights like Guarm. Idk yet. I hope not. It seems to weird in our rotation.

I am really happy that prot pally didn't get changed much. Very happy with our spec atm, content to continue flying under the radar.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    To be fair in PvE I'll probably take Judgement of Light now instead of Divine Intervention thanks to the nerf. 1 min off DS isn't really enough to warrent a talent imo.
    I just take DI for a fail safe, in case other people fuck up, u're bubble safe

Man im so happy they changed up the talents, I can wait to use Execution Sentence in single target again...oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by Improtaight View Post
    I just take DI for a fail safe, in case other people fuck up, u're bubble safe
    Except the auto bubble doesn't work on a lot of things. Unbridled fury has gone through it for me where as manually hitting bubble will save me. Mixed Elements goes through it from Guarm, too. And the push back from the spider boss will still kill you even if DI triggers. It has been a while since I tried some of these so they may have been fixed? Manually hitting bubble works in most cases but to me letting DI trigger usually still means I'm dead.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, looks okay to me.

GBoM removal (and baseline buff): Yay, means I don't have to check every pull for 3 buffs, also means I can buff tanks/healers with the others, yayutility!.
    Divine Hammer buff: Meh, if it beats BoW on ST I'll use it, won't notice/care either way though.
    DI nerf: Meh, still best on the row, I don't recall needing it more than once a fight anyway.
    EX sentence buff: Meh, it's a big hit on 20s CD, should have just been additional A2A damage, still prefer the TV buff.
    WoG buff: Nice, more healing on an emergency heal always good.
    GBoW/GBoK buffs: Nice, additional utility always welcome.

Didn't see anything else noteworthy.

Deleted
    Praise the light!

Might be taking "judgement of light" untill i get a more usefull legendairy to replace my wrists then. Which is nice as well.

I still hate Crusade with a burning passion and I am still forced to take the bloody talent due to lack of viable alternatives. I miss Divine Purpose since I always considered that a staple of Retribution gameplay (like Art of War, we basically got that one back with Blade of Wrath though).

I am actually considering speccing into DP instead of Crusade, just because. Since we only raid heroic I can get away with it, better to lose 20k dps than to quit playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    I still hate Crusade with a burning passion and I am still forced to take the bloody talent due to lack of viable alternatives. I miss Divine Purpose since I always considered that a staple of Retribution gameplay (like Art of War, we basically got that one back with Blade of Wrath though).

I am actually considering speccing into DP instead of Crusade, just because. Since we only raid heroic I can get away with it, better to lose 20k dps than to quit playing.
    Problem is, not just a 20k loss. Especially with the damn faulty.

Dont get me wrong, i feel your sentiment. Been tinkering with dp and i get entirely why its fun. Atm due to poor design with dungeon drops vs raid drops and cookie cutter its one of those: well crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    Problem is, not just a 20k loss. Especially with the damn faulty.

Dont get me wrong, i feel your sentiment. Been tinkering with dp and i get entirely why its fun. Atm due to poor design with dungeon drops vs raid drops and cookie cutter its one of those: well crap.
    The 20k was from a dummy test, so probably skewed. You're right about that. Still, once Nighthold starts I will probably start off with DP since I can't judge the "safe" Crusade windows yet to 100% and we all know what happens if you mess up a single Crusade due to bad timing. Though I also have the Chains as legendary, so that will change the numbers quite a bit come 7.1.5 anyway.

Still, my raid leader himself said that it's better to lose a few thousand dps than losing me altogether, so there you go. Do I wish DP would be competitive? Hell yes. Do I feel forced to use Crusade? Absolutely. Do I actually use it? We'll see :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Praise the light!

Might be taking "judgement of light" untill i get a more usefull legendairy to replace my wrists then. Which is nice as well.
    Please don't take JoL, you're going to make your Holy Pallies very mad, if they are already taking JoL.

The debuffs stack, but only one gets used, which will always be the lower spell powered ones, aka, Prot/Ret > Holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyob View Post
    Please don't take JoL, you're going to make your Holy Pallies very mad, if they are already taking JoL.

The debuffs stack, but only one gets used, which will always be the lower spell powered ones, aka, Prot/Ret > Holy.
    The holy paladin could also take a different talent in the row to benefit the raid overall rather than get pissed? Also on live atm there is a 400 heal difference between prot and holy for me? So if your ret is taking judgment of light your holy pallies should be thankful for the extra help and take Sanctified wrath.

Still no +10% TV/DS dmg as recompensation for nerfing cloak and I don't think they will buff it now, even when they said that they gonna nerf bis legends and buff abilities (but I saw in reddit that 10% TV dmg is around 4% dps so not big of a loose, but still)

Quote Originally Posted by Shavier View Post
    Still no +10% TV/DS dmg as recompensation for nerfing cloak and I don't think they will buff it now, even when they said that they gonna nerf bis legends and buff abilities (but I saw in reddit that 10% TV dmg is around 4% dps so not big of a loose, but still)
    We got a blanket 12% buff as compensation for losing Might and the other nerfs to the spec.

The holy paladin could also take a different talent in the row to benefit the raid overall rather than get pissed? Also on live atm there is a 400 heal difference between prot and holy for me? So if your ret is taking judgment of light your holy pallies should be thankful for the extra help and take Sanctified wrath.
    Umm no. You shouldn't be taking JoL as Ret if your HPal is using it, and especially not if your HPal has Ilterendi legendary. JoL will be great for Ret in a raid scenario where you don't have a Holy or Prot pally, but you shouldn't be using it if you do.
    Gave that bitch a Hulahoop. Bitches loves Hulahoops.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoops View Post
    Umm no. You shouldn't be taking JoL as Ret if your HPal is using it, and especially not if your HPal has Ilterendi legendary. JoL will be great for Ret in a raid scenario where you don't have a Holy or Prot pally, but you shouldn't be using it if you do.
    Our Holy Paladins tend to take Sanctified Wrath. I don't play Holy at all. What benefits other than the talent healing itself does a Holy Paladin get from JoL. The way I see it since DI is being nerfed and if there is no benefit to Divine Steed wouldn't it benefit the raid overall to have the ret cover JoL and the Holy Paladin can get a benefit to Sanctified Wrath? The only thing I can think of is the paladin wanting to pad healing meters for them self.

Our Holy Paladins tend to take Sanctified Wrath.
    Both of your Holy Pallies are taking JoL.

warcraftlogs.com/ reports/ZcgPz6NXJWkCwrjm#fight=44&type=healing
    warcraftlogs.com/ rankings/character/21452/10/#metric=hps
    warcraftlogs.com/ rankings/character/17372516/latest/#metric=hps

SW is crap now, since it's nerf, and it causes a ton of overhealing. The only reason we ever spec into it, is if there's another Holy Pally, with higher int or has JoL ring.

DI or DS is much better than Rets going JoL. Sure, there will slightly be a higher raid hps, but we don't care about that most of the time.