Poll: Should dogs be executed if they bite?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    And I couldn't care less.
    Obviously you don't, Rorcanna. But why is that, that humans should be at the same level as dogs?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    An option of "Maybe (Explain)" would work as an "Other" choice.

But your obvious feelings about it lead to you a poll of only two sides. The side that agrees with you, and the side you feel is wrong.

This was a setup right from the start.
    I have no feelings about this Kathandira, I'm coming from a fully neutral and logical point of view. People that care to share their difference of opinion will reply to the thread and explain the "Other" reason.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I'm coming from a fully netral and logical point of view. .
    Haha, that's the cake of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Many scientists and studies are, and can, be bias.

That said, if a dog bites without being provoked, I would say that it needs and should be required to take either professional obedience training or be euthanized by choice of its owner. If training is not met to a specific standard after a consciously determined amount of time without progress, then the state would claim the dog and then proceed to have it euthanized.

I firmly believe that dogs should have a variety of rights set to protect them and their owners from generally obtuse people looking to harm an owner by antagonizing a dog to bite them in order to have it euthanized to inflict the detrimental loss to the own. This would both put responsibility on dog owners as well as a standard to set people on both sides of the argument on. For example, most people get dogs with warn and engage intruders into one's home and/or residence. This is an understandable reason for a dog to be provoked to bite.
    I agree with you on a few points, especially that, even though the dog itself should be held accountable, so should its owner

10+ Year Old Account
    Several scientists all agree that some dogs possess bad genes. Those dogs can never be rehabilitated.
    Can we get a link? I have been bit by a dog before, enough to leave a nice scar in my had I can see years later, and no we didn't put her down for a mistake. She lived for 10 more years after that with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Luperca View Post
    Can we get a link? I have been bit by a dog before, enough to leave a nice scar in my had I can see years later, and no we didn't put her down for a mistake. She lived for 10 more years after that with us.
    You were very lucky and so was your dog to have an owner that gambled his own life.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    And I think that humans hurting animals should be put down. We are the superior species after all and should take care and protect lesser species no? Take dog fighting it's all people's fault for breeding them into it, it's people's fault that some have agressive genes it's people's fault that some breeds have a hard time breathing etc etc and in most cases it's people's fault when dogs bite for not raising them properly so you see its our fault the dogs can't help that people are idiots no?

We have destroyed so many breeds that you can't even recognise them from some hundred years back.
    If we're going to have no tolerance for animals, the same should be true for humans.
    - Someone plays a prank on you which scares you to the extent where you punch the other person? Execution.
    - A cyclist comes out of nowhere and crashes into your car, leading to bodily harm for them whilst you are unscathed? Execution.
    - You unwittingly harm a nurse whilst in grueling pain after a major accident that's left you dazed? Execution.
    - Your dog bites another human being (regardless of reason)? It should be put down and so should YOU seeing as how you're the one bringing the creature to the spot where it "destroyed a family"... LMAO

We'd soon run out of people...

Luckily we live in a society where the lawmakers aren't quite so narrow-minded and void of reason.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-01-06 at 03:33 PM.

Depends on what you mean by bite. One snapping bite to tell you to back the fuck off, because it got scared or felt threatened is not exactly aggressive, dogs don't have too many means of communication with a human. It's the equivalent of a person raising their voice at you and going "whoa buddy, back off." If it's a savage bite that does more than draw a little blood, and it continues pursuing the attack after the initial bite then yeah that's super aggressive.

It's ultimately the owners responsibility to make sure their dog doesn't get into either situation, but if the first one happened I would hope the people involved would understand and not euthanize the dog for something like that. If the second one happened, the dog should be put down to ensure something like that doesn't happen again...especially if it's a bigger breed that could cause (or already did) serious harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Haha, that's the cake of the day.
    I get the feeling your not being very honest about this discussion. Again, care to share why a dog should be put at the same level as a human?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Depends on the circumstances, like with anything.
    "A dog bites your daughter's hand off because she was poking its tail"

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Depends on what you mean by bite. One snapping bite to tell you to back the fuck off, because it got scared or felt threatened is not exactly aggressive, dogs don't have too many means of communication with a human. It's the equivalent of a person raising their voice at you and going "whoa buddy, back off." If it's a savage bite that does more than draw a little blood, and it continues pursuing the attack after the initial bite then yeah that's super aggressive.

It's ultimately the owners responsibility to make sure their dog doesn't get into either situation, but if the first one happened I would hope the people involved would understand and not euthanize the dog for something like that. If the second one happened, the dog should be put down to ensure something like that doesn't happen again...especially if it's a bigger breed that could cause (or already did) serious harm.
    +1 for this. It's the sentiment shared by most reasonable people I'd dare wager.

10+ Year Old Account
    You were very lucky and so was your dog to have an owner that gambled his own life.
    Wow you're assuming a lot, did you just get bit or something?

A lot of a dog's mentality is the person who raised it. Some feel threatened, and will bite. While others will cower. It varies by the dog :/ Was it in self defense? I mean... if someone is abusing said dog, and hurting it. I can see why it'd bite them. You don't poke a lion in the ass with a stick, and hope you don't get mauled.

I believe in a one chance policy. Sometimes bites are a one time thing. I live in an area where people have 'dangerous' dogs (the big 'biters'... GSD, pitbulls, dobermans, rotties). We've never had a dog in my neighborhood bite anyone as long as we've been here. I'm more afraid of my neighbor's yappy dogs (they sound like banshees trying to rip my face off) than I am of my other neighbor's very friendly GSD. But I'm not gonna provoke either one :P If the dog bites, and it was in self-defense. Then they get another chance.

Other than that... no. They need to be euthanized if they're aggressive. You can't really foster that out of a dog. Abused, stray, or if it comes naturally. Most dogs aren't really like that though. Most of the time it's a product of upbringing because people can't handle their animals.

Several scientists all agree that some dogs possess bad genes. Those dogs can never be rehabilitated.

Until you have been attacked by a dog, it's easy to say that it shouldn't be euthanized. I believe, that the execution of dogs that
    share those kinds of genes should be permitted because they actively put people's life at risk. This will effectively stop the death of innocent people.

More than 200,000 humans have been attacked without provocation and more than 30 have died in a single year. With this in mind, many families and children become afraid of going outside, some of them frightened it might occur to them.

Hundreds of thousands of citizens have died of dog attacks and the families of the victim are now in intense grief. All of the injured victims lie there on their hospital bed crying in agony while our governments do nothing to resolve the matter. Those ferocious organisms do not have brains like ours, it's fair to say that a human's life is much more important than a dogs.

Humans should take priority on most if not all matters that concern life. If dogs or any other organism puts our life in danger, than we should deal with them appropriately, this is of the utmost importance concerning our survival as a species.

I believe any dog that puts the well being of a human in danger shouldn't be allowed to continue to live.

What do you think? Do you think the first bite is enough to warrant an execution or maybe give it a chance?
    A dog bite, in and of itself, should not be reason to put a dog down.

There are different degrees of a bite and different reasons a dog may bite. All of which should be considered.

I would also like to see where your numbers came from.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

For my own experience with dog attacks: My sister got bit by a dog "out of nowhere" (literally came up from behind) when we were kids. I was right next to her and it was probably chance that it bit her and not me. It wasn't anything serious "just" a bite and not more. I think it traumatized me more than her, I had trouble trusting dogs for several years after that (I was ~2 years younger than her though).

I still don't think dogs should be executed if they bite. Depending on the situation (severity of the incident, repeats) I think it is warranted to have the dog under professional care (e.g. a pound or something similar), just like you put mentally unstable people under professional care and not just euthanize them because they have "bad genes".
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

15+ Year Old Account
    Should humans be executed if they bite (or do other nasty stuff)?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Humans should take priority on most if not all matters that concern life. If dogs or any other organism puts our life in danger, than we should deal with them appropriately, this is of the utmost importance concerning our survival as a species.

I believe any dog that puts the well being of a human in danger shouldn't be allowed to continue to live.

What do you think? Do you think the first bite is enough to warrant an execution or maybe give it a chance?
    When a dog that bites it pretty much always comes back to the people around the dog, there are exceptions but in most cases it's just a matter of humans having no clue on how to raise a dog.
    So if the dog shouldn't be allowed to live then neither should the person who raised it.

Better solution is to give the dog to someone who knows what they are doing and ban the first owner from ever owning pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Yes, also if they've never bitten anyone. Euthanize all dogs.
    come here boy. bite nixx. rip off his face. maul him. it might even improve his looks.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2017-01-06 at 03:49 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    This was important to read in the first article, @belleflop. Gotta log off for now, but read through it sone more.
    This will the third time I agree with the science in this regard, dogs DO have "aggression" traits.

My argument is this does NOT make them inherently BAD. In fact the first line of the first sentence you linked reads. (and yes I read all the articles you've linked in full) "Another researcher, Linda Van Den Berg, investigated specifically the heritability of impulsive aggression among golden retriever, a breed rarely involved in fatal and disfiguring attacks."

I mean, are we reading the same thing here? In science you have to look at the data and draw conclusions. To correlate "aggressive" traits, to BAD dogs acts (attacks/bites/harm) is seriously twisting the articles findings. They do mention (and I also agree with), as you pointed out earlier as well, that a dog that has aggressive traits is put into a toxic environment (humans created), it's a recipe for disaster. Indeed! And this is where we come full circle. You don't rehabilitate a dog, you train a dog. You rehabilitate a BAD human for creating the toxic environment in the first place.

Every time I see a headline like "The dog bit the little boy for no reason", does that not give you pause to investigate further? I'd say 99.9% of the cases I've been involved in we find out after the fact (the dog was already put down), that indeed that was some provocation, which again is an environment that the HUMAN created.
    Last edited by belleflop; 2017-01-06 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Should humans be executed if they bite (or do other nasty stuff)?
    Our cognition allows us to change. Dogs? Not so much

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post

Better solution is to give the dog to someone who knows what they are doing and ban the first owner from ever owning pets.
    Which is what happens in many cases. A family friend of mine just took responsibility of a shepherd cross that killed a small dog. What happened? The small dog had been running free without control, and ran into the backyard of the shepherd cross. Upon seeing the larger dog, the small dog attacked. Naturally it was a fight it couldn't win.

The owner of the shepherd cross lost the right to keep her dog because she'd already been slapped with a ban on owning pets for previous offenses, but the shepherd cross is an absolute sweetheart. Works amazingly well with other dogs (family friend has 2 small dogs). It simply bit a dog attacking it which ended in death due to size differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    Yes but it would be even better if people couldn't have dogs without undergoing some kind of education in how to raise and handle dogs.
    Agreed.

I have no problem with putting down dogs that bite under certain situations. It cannot be a 100%, across the board thing as we do use them for protection but in more than a few cases (and more than I'd like to care for) Id have no problem putting done a dog that has bitten people.