10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Out for a year?? Wtf did he do?
    smoke weed every day

10+ Year Old Account
    Note that's a year minimum, as Aldon Smith learned you're kicked out the league entierly and can't apply to come back for 12 months, then Goodell will arse around for another 6 months before telling you that's when he'll decide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    I was using the 1-158.7 scale. The first thing I said was "He was sub 100 QBR for a majority of their first 10 games". Short of a literaly perfect game, and I dont even know what you have to do to achieve that, you are getting under 100 in the other method.
    Yeah except Quarterback Rating (officially Passer Rating) and QBR are distinct different things. You can't abbreviate the first into the second, or you will confuse people.

QBR is a property of ESPN intended to be a complete quarterbacking stat, but ESPN never reveals what exactly goes into it and it is widely considered a garbage stat. There's countless examples of where QBR gave a quarterback with a terrible performance a better score than a quarterback with a stellar performance. Example from a season ago: http://uk.complex.com/sports/2015/11...d-of-tom-brady

QBR is basically the WAR of the NFL. Completely useless, makes no sense how the numbers even happen, yet some (or in the case of WAR, a lot) think it indicates anything.

AJ Hawk announced his retirement, somehow I thought he did that already.

10+ Year Old Account
    WAR is useful as part of the grand scheme of things, people who look at it exclusively are missing too much. I find QBR to sometimes be useful as a stat related to a single game, it can sometimes tell you if the QB got most of his stats in garbage time of a game they were already badly losing, 120 passer rating and a 35 QBR? Blake Bortles 4th quarter hero! Thats all I can get out of it.
    Last edited by draynay; 2017-01-06 at 07:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All Pro team announced: https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.638533d0bb52. Five Cowboys made it on the first team, Zack martin, Travis Frederick, Tyron Smith, Zeke Elliot, and Sean Lee (who, again, didn't even make the Pro Bowl). Four Chiefs, Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, Marcus Peters, and Eric Berry.

One other unanimous pick is Baltimore placekicker Justin Tucker
    Well no surprise there

That list can't be real, CHJ is on it.

Do they not do fullbacks anymore? Kind of disappointing to ignore a whole position. Glad they finally actually figured out what Von Miller actually does and didn't put him as an edge rusher though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also an interesting new rule this year, can't be AP in more than one position.

So I have gazed into my crystal ball & made my picks for the Wild Card round
    And Superbowl winner.

Wild Card Round; Texans . A Better defense against a rookie quarterback
    Lions.. Seahawks are not the same team as last year. Arizona beat them at home 2 rounds ago.
    Steelers. Always better at home than on the road.
    Packers .. Cheeseheads will celebrate. Arron Rodgers is smoking hot at the moment.

AFC winner : Patriots
    NFC winner : Falcons..

Superbowl winner ATLANTA FALCONS.. Julio Jones 2 Touchdowns
    Last edited by Blobfish; 2017-01-06 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    So I have gazed into my crystal ball & made my picks for the Wild Card round
    And Superbowl winner.

Wild Card Round; Texans . A Better defense against a rookie quarterback
    Lions.. Seahawks are not the same team as last year. Arizona beat them at home 2 rounds ago.
    Steelers. Always better at home than on the road.
    Packers .. Cheeseheads will celebrate. Arron Rodgers is smoking hot at the moment.

NFC winner : Patriots
    AFC winner : Falcons..

Superbowl winner ATLANTA FALCONS.. Julio Jones 2 Touchdowns
    I wouldn't mind the Patriots being moved to the NFC, but as far as I know there is no plans for realignment

Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    I wouldn't mind the Patriots being moved to the NFC, but as far as I know there is no plans for realignment
    Lol All Fixed

Here is Australian TV Times.. Remember 7 Mate is Free to Air..
    So glad I have Monday off work

10+ Year Old Account
    Monday is NCAA National Title Game day. Although I guess that would be Tuesday for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Also an interesting new rule this year, can't be AP in more than one position.
    Is that actually a rule? There were players that got votes at both RB/WR/TE and flex (whatever the hell that is), and safety/corner and DB. They combine DEs and the OLBs that never drop into coverage (aka DWare or Mack when he stood up last year) into edge-rusher this year, which Mack switching between is why it happened last year. Not sure anything else would actually bring up that situation other than someone switching between safety/corner or DE/DT. 1st would just be DB, second would just be interior d-line I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Monday is NCAA National Title Game day. Although I guess that would be Tuesday for you.
    Yes we are a Day ahead of you guys in the USA
    That's why we can see the NFL results from Sunday in Monday mornings paper lol ...

NO all games are shown live down under

I have been considering getting a jersey, but I can't decide between a personalized one, or a player jersey. players I have considered are Tucker, Flacco, Pitta, Suggs, Kock or Juszczyk.
    Last edited by Skayaq; 2017-01-06 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    Tucker or Juszczyk.
    Hard choice, I vote Tuckczyk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Is that actually a rule?
    According to the various articles they changed it. Guessing you can be nominated at multiple positions but only get named AP at one of them.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm going to be travelling tomorrow (holidays and all) and will likely miss most if not all of the Lions-Hawks game, but my god we have to win this thing, if only to shut up the media who have been pouring on the disrespect thick and fast this past week. Don't know if I've ever seen a playoff team get this much shit in the years I've watched the NFL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapefruitsnz View Post
    Don't know if I've ever seen a playoff team get this much shit in the years I've watched the NFL.
    Then you haven't paid attention to the 7 and 8 win playoff teams, when they want to completely revamp the playoff system to keep your team out because they don't deserve to be there is when your team has gotten the most shit.