no

/10char
    Macrologia (expert on Protection Warrior and Guardian Druid)

Skyhold

Dreamgrove

Quote Originally Posted by McJiggles View Post
    Does FR still exist in the current iteration of 7.1.5 and if so is there a time when it would be useful to use.
    Is it no longer tied/synergized with any of our skills? If not, is it now purely a rage dump/dps boost ala Heroic Strike?
    If revenge is on a 3 sec CD and is now our vengeance weaving buddy, is there any reason when we would use FR when we could just revenge/IP to dump?

Thanks!
    In 7.1.5, FR has been removed, with Revenge being tweaked to fulfill much of the same role FR had before.

Revenge damage has been increased significantly and now costs 30 Rage. Revenge now also fits into the same place FR did for the Vengeance talent (i.e., Rage cost for either Revenge or Ignore Pain is reduced by 35% whenever you alternate their casts). Use of Revenge now also provides a 30% chance to reset Shield Slam, as does Thunder Clap and auto-attacks made with the Devastator talent.

These changes have a handful of consequences, as discussed in (probably way too much) detail previously in this thread. Overall, the changes are beneficial and Warriors may be in a better place both in terms of AE and total damage as well as survivability (provided you can utilize Devastator properly).

I've a question about Devastator that I've not seen answered yet... Does it change how much damage we'll be doing with Potion of the Old War in any way? Forgot to test this while on the PTR, and deleted that PTR toon a while back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I've a question about Devastator that I've not seen answered yet... Does it change how much damage we'll be doing with Potion of the Old War in any way? Forgot to test this while on the PTR, and deleted that PTR toon a while back.
    Potentially it does. It could lower the damage of old war because we will have downtime where we wont have an ability off CD which to press. Haven't tested the devastator myself though.

Thank you all for the clarification. I had known about the revenge/vengeance change but in some of the discussion FR was brought up and i wasn't sure if it was just for a comparison between current and future rotation and i could not recall if FR was actually removed from the game based on patch notes.

Speaking solely of M+, would Best Served Cold be better than Renewed Fury, given how much more we'll be casting Revenge using Devastator? My tank is my alt, so I haven't been able to follow this 200+ page discussion as closely as I'd like. Seems like we'll be having a lot more rage though with the patch, and consequently casting IP a lot more, so there'll be a higher uptime on the Renewed Fury buff.

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    Speaking solely of M+, would Best Served Cold be better than Renewed Fury, given how much more we'll be casting Revenge using Devastator?
    I dont think Devastator is the best talent in high M+, because you are reseting you swing timer alot. You have to change targets to interupt, switch focus targets, dodge stuff, kite, pick up new shit, ...... I think Indomitable and maybe in some dungeons/groups the buffed Never Surrender should be better.

But you will also use alot of Revenge with Indom/Never Surrender if you are using Vengeance. Best Served Cold or Renewed Fury is probably more depending on the dungeon itself or weekly affixes, than your other talents. If you are only pulling 2-3 mobs most of the time, you cant really use the benefit of Best Served Cold. Should be fun in doing Maw of Souls boosts.
    Last edited by mmoc952dfd0a13; 2017-01-07 at 09:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bixster View Post
    I dont think Devastator is the best talent in high M+, because you are reseting you swing timer alot.
    Does it work like that? I believe If I switch to another target in Melee range my swing timer will be exactly the same as when I stay on one target

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MithosX View Post
    Does it work like that? I believe If I switch to another target in Melee range my swing timer will be exactly the same as when I stay on one target
    In this case the swing timer does not reset, but in Mythic+ you have more situations that can reset you swing timer than you have in "normal" raid situations. Thats more what i wanted to say and gave some example when it can happen. I activated a swing time tracker a couple days ago to do a little "pre test" for devastator in M+. Its not like i am reseting the timer all the time, but i had more resets than i was happy with.

In addition to this. High M+ has a lot more spike damage and situations that are more unpredictable (healer getting a rng stun). As soon as something like this can happen Indomitable/Never Surrender are the better options in my opinion. I am going to test devastator in M+ as soon as it goes live (teeming/skittish hype next week ), but i dont see myself using it for high M+ atm.
    Last edited by mmoc952dfd0a13; 2017-01-07 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bixster View Post
    In this case the swing timer does not reset, but in Mythic+ you have more situations that can reset you swing timer than you have in "normal" raid situations. Thats more what i wanted to say and gave some example when it can happen. I activated a swing time tracker a couple days ago to do a little "pre test" for devastator in M+. Its not like i am reseting the timer all the time, but i had more resets than i was happy with.
    Don't forget that in Mythic+ your chance to parry is significantly higher than on ST, which in turn, due to parry haste, does buff Devastator quite a bit.

When you reset your swing timer due to parrying, that means that your swing happens faster. It's 'reset' as in you do the hit sooner than you otherwise would and then it starts over, it's not like you don't swing.
    Macrologia (expert on Protection Warrior and Guardian Druid)

Skyhold

Dreamgrove

Skimmed through some of the discussion but wanted to asked how you guys are dealing with or stacking secondaries? I am aware of generally accepted priority. I am in a heroic clearing guild. One night raid. We prep to min/max. No major survival problems. Basically waiting for NH. BUT for me to min/max within 880 to 870 ilvl (chest,belt,ring leg).... I can swing my secondaries WILDLY. Edit: What are you doing?
    Last edited by kathvely; 2017-01-08 at 09:56 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kathvely View Post
    Skimmed through some of the discussion but wanted to asked how you guys are dealing with or stacking secondaries? I am aware of generally accepted priority. I am in a heroic clearing guild. One night raid. We prep to min/max. No major survival problems. Basically waiting for NH. BUT for me to min/max within 880 to 870 ilvl (chest,belt,ring leg).... I can swing my secondaries WILDLY. Edit: What are you doing?
    Aim for 30% haste. Don´t too many Ilvls in order to reach that, unless crit is involved. crit is shit. Mastery and Versa are decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    What are our BiS tier pieces gonna be anyone already knows?

Deleted
    As for high level m+ how good do you think war will be in 7.1.5? And do you think we will be better than paladins and be on pair with druids?

Quote Originally Posted by Varamar View Post
    As for high level m+ how good do you think war will be in 7.1.5? And do you think we will be better than paladins and be on pair with druids?
    I heard prot is dead last in 7.1.5

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Where did you hear that and what do you or your source base that on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Sorry if I find that extremely unlikely considering the damage buffs we're getting and the power of our set.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    What are our BiS tier pieces gonna be anyone already knows?
    Looking at...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post43631724

I'm going to say:
    Helm (Haste/Mastery)
    Shoulders (Mastery/Versa)
    Legs (Haste/Crit)
    Cloak (Versa/Haste)

Gauntlets have good mastery on them, but every Prot Warrior in the world wants Kakushan's, now so more than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by epidemius View Post
    Just a random thought.

Parry decreases, or sometimes even resets the swing timer.
    This means that if you parry while having the Devestator talent it will almost always result in a free instant swing. Which means another shot at shield slam resets.
    I highly doubt it, especially with the changes to secondairy stats and low-value of crit rating.
    But will having higher crit=/=parry be in favour while having the Devestator talent?
    Yea but strength increase parry so the parry should be around the same