Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

People that seemingly get offended over everything

Or as I say "Feigning offence" or "Second-hand offence". Basically people that get offended on behalf of others or seemingly enjoy to be offended. Now don't get me wrong I aren't talking about empathy, I think it's perfectly acceptable to tell somebody that their racist comment is racist. No I am taking about people that claim they're offended by silly things (which I often believe is untrue) example other day I was having a conversation about having lamb for my tea and how I prefer it over beef and hand on heart somebody said "I find this conversation offencive" and was completely serious. Do you encounter people like this

The thing is no one cares how you like your tea.
    No one should be subjected to hearing this unless there is specific reason for it.

I do not care for stupid nor should i subjected to it.
    You liking lamb over beef is not of my concern.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people just like to be the most oppressed and offended person, luckily these people mostly exist on the internet and not in real life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    No one should be subjected to hearing this unless there is specific reason for it.

not caring about a conversation is not the same as finding it offensive though.
    Though when you say you prefer your tea over beef, you mean you pour you tea over roast beef or what?
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm offended that you're complaining about people who get offended at everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted

The conversation was about food

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    Some people just like to be the most oppressed and offended person, luckily these people mostly exist on the internet and not in real life.

- - - Updated - - -

not caring about a conversation is not the same as finding it offensive though.
    Though when you say you prefer your tea over beef, you mean you pour you tea over roast beef or what?
    C'mon you're from the UK, you know the regional dinner>tea & lunch>dinner

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Or as I say "Feigning offence" or "Second-hand offence". Basically people that get offended on behalf of others or seemingly enjoy to be offended. Now don't get me wrong I aren't talking about empathy, I think it's perfectly acceptable to tell somebody that their racist comment is racist. No I am taking about people that claim they're offended by silly things (which I often believe is untrue) example other day I was having a conversation about having lamb for my tea and how I prefer it over beef and hand on heart somebody said "I find this conversation offencive" and was completely serious. Do you encounter people like this
    You typing English in a Yorkshire accent offends me. "I aren't" is not a thing.

...yes they're called SJWs. They bitch about literally everything, regardless of how stupid or small.

drink the wrong tea you're appropriating another culture you cishet scum1111!1111
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-01-08 at 01:38 PM.

This is pretty off center I would have to say.

Almost every American who I disagree with in the past year, almost like it's a new trend... Then they do nothing but call you a trumpkin or libtard even though I'm part of the majority who isn't American and couldn't give a fuck about their politics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You typing English in a Yorkshire accent offends me. "I aren't" is not a thing.
    I refuse to change

I'm not sure i'm understanding this right, or if it is too linguistically British for me >< You like having lamb when you drink your tea? I mean, meat + tea simultaneously? Or is "tea" here colloquial for supper? Or are we talking like steak and eggs for breakfast + tea?

Anyway are you positive he wasn't offended in the same way someone is "offended" when you order your steak well-done? Cuz that's totally different from the kind of people you're describing, who delight in finding causes to crusade for.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Cant even deal with you Adam you are so stupid.

Can't even begin to understand what the problem is.
    People are offended because they want to be offended.

You don't like it?
    Don't talk to them simple as.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    I'm not sure i'm understanding this right, or if it is too linguistically British for me >< You like having lamb when you drink your tea? I mean, meat + tea simultaneously? Or is "tea" here colloquial for supper? Or are we talking like steak and eggs for breakfast + tea?

Anyway are you positive he wasn't offended in the same way someone is "offended" when you order your steak well-done? Cuz that's totally different from the kind of people you're describing, who delight in finding causes to crusade for.
    I don't know anybody who's offended by well done steak, is this an American thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Cant even deal with you Adam you are so stupid.

Can't even begin to understand what the problem is.
    People are offended because they want to be offended.

You don't like it?
    Don't talk to them simple as.
    Somebody had piss in their cornflakes today

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post

He means dinner/supper when he says tea.

Adam is from Oop North, they have outside toilets and, in his particular region, a speech impediment that means they can't say the word 'the'. And they all have ferrets down their trousers, we don't ask why.

The culture of the modern, Western left substantially privileges anyone that's seen as oppressed. This leads to a bunch of odd consequences, one of which is that the more histrionically someone reacts to perceived injustice, the more virtuous they are considered by their peers. While this may look ridiculous to an outsider, it's a phenomenon that's observable in all sorts of cult-like belief systems; see, for example, speaking in tongues that's common in certain Pentecostal sects of Christianity - while this looks flatly insane to outsiders, within their churches, it's considered to mark someone as being a very strong believer in the dogma. Likewise, neurotic, histrionic reactions to microaggressions are a sign of sincere belief within cathedral of social justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know anybody who's offended by well done steak, is this an American thing?
    That's because you don't live in a civilised part of the country.

Deleted

Adam is from Oop North, they have outside toilets and, in his particular region, a speech impediment that means they can't say the word 'the'. And they all have ferrets down their trousers, we don't ask why.
    Yorkshire folk don't call supper tea we call it supper

Somebody had piss in their cornflakes today
    They're not literally offended. Nowadays it's being treated more like a figure of speech. Like "your dress offends me!" Not because it is slutty or anything, simply because it butchers the very concept of fashion. That's why I said he's much different than the universally disliked on-a-whim SJWs.

Also you're bound to meet someone who'd be offended by your well done steak if you were to regularly hang about people who fancy themselves steak enthusiasts,

Ah hehe that clears it then. I gotta say though, I kinda love their accent >< It's quite viking.
    Last edited by Basemath; 2017-01-08 at 01:48 PM.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yorkshire folk don't call supper tea we call it supper
    When do you call tea then?

In London it is...

Breakfast > elevenses > lunch > afternoon tea > dinner > kebab