Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Protip: You could eat Big Macs and French Fries every day and still be perfectly healthy and thin. (or whatever your correct BMI should be)

Can you guess what people who eat Big Macs and French Fries every day don't do?
    Don't conflate thin with healthy.
    Yes, you could be thin and eat Bic Macs and fries every day, but you wouldn't be healthy.

All the exercise in the world won't lower your cholesterol levels. Nor will it give you the nutrients that a Big Mac and fries would be deficient in (I'm not knocking it; but it doesn't have everything the body needs over a long period of time, there's no way around that.) Eating that every day will also damage your teeth (even if you brush regularly), which also leads to health issues, believe it or not.

Yes, you can exercise to burn off the calories, but that's just the illusion that being thin = healthy.

Please don't take this to mean "being obese = healthy" (or "being obese = unhealthy"), as that is a different discussion altogether. But just because a person is of "ideal body weight", it does not automatically mean that they are healthy.

If you eat Big Macs and fries every day, I promise you, you are not going to be healthy.

Who said that is all you have to eat?

I stand by my statement, you could eat BM and Fries every day and be perfectly healthy.

A single Big Mac and one order of fries is in your daily consumption is not a death bomb.

I don't eat the garbage, I can think of plenty of other foods that taste way better for 500 calories.

America at least, has an exercise problem, not a food problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    If you eat Big Macs and fries every day, I promise you, you are not going to be healthy.
    I used to bake the buns for mcdonald's and as a perk we used to get 48 buns every week. Naturally I took advantage at first, because free food. But rather quickly those things made me seriously ill. They have a lot of chemicals in them to stop fungal growth and whatnot(I feel the need to point out nothing unusual in the industry), probably ok for the occasional burger. A tonne of sugar and surprisingly wholesome ingredients otherwise, but eating them every day, maybe 2 or 3 buns a day, you will notice everything is not ok.

I ended up not taking them even for free and then everything was all good so I believe they were 100% the culprit.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    That diet wouldn't provide you any vitamin K which you need. Probably lacks in some other needed nutrients too I'm sure.
    You need to eat others things also, but a Big Mac combo meal is a perfectly acceptable lunch in the context of an overall healthy lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...acy-first-lady

I especially liked her push towards healthy diets and more active school kids.
    To see her whose great grandfather was a slave, in the white house means so much to minorities in the U.S.

I will only remember he by the racist and hateful speeches she would give to black students.

Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    I will only remember he by the racist and hateful speeches she would give to black students.
    This seems like a [citation needed] situation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Leave it to MMO_C posters to take something symbolic of our culture and trash it to shit.

OT.
    Michelle Obama was a decent first lady, one of the best there has been. I didn't vote for Obama but looking back at the options us Republicans had I am glad he was elected.

Most of you people trashing the Obama's dont even have a clue at some of the good things they did do ... and stop on the Obama care, it actually did more good than bad, and it made a huge step in the way healthcare in this country could be. You all are just too blind and chaffed to see it. You hate that Obama got elected so bad that you put your blinders on. Open up your minds, you might be surprised.

This is coming from a Republican, and yes I voted for Trump

Politics aside - the concert Obama put on at the Whitehouse over Christams was rocking

The nightmare is over, never to be repeated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    I'd start with Trump. I'm sure the billions he didn't pay in taxes could have bought a couple kids a nice lunch or two.

But seriously, even as ex-military, I find the proportion of taxes that go to Defense compared to Education disturbing.

But yeah, pay your taxes. Demand your elected officials pay their taxes. And ensure those taxes get spent honestly and where they are most needed, not in some million dollar "research" into seeing whether a road to nowhere should be build, only to get a report that took 5 minutes to photocopy and plagiarize.

I can't really say whether Michelle Obama is a heroine to me or anything, but in regards to previous/current First Ladies, I certainly respect her more. She a healthy, vibrant, intelligent woman that seems more to be Obama's "partner" than just a shadow or prop. Other First Ladies may have supported "healthy living", Obama went out and did it.
    People do whatever they can to pay less taxes. The difference is merely in the number of dollars you save compared to what someone else with more dollars saves. Regardless, that has little to do with the case at hand.

Even if people aren't paying the proper taxes they should, Obama had a budget and had to redistribute it. If schools don't have money for proper meals, it's not just because someone didn't pay their taxes, but because schools are underfunded. And even if that's a consequence of people not paying enough taxes, it's directly caused by budgeting problems. Which Obama should've solved, and didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    What experience did you have that was akin to a nightmare?

Quote Originally Posted by Skazord View Post
    People do whatever they can to pay less taxes. The difference is merely in the number of dollars you save compared to what someone else with more dollars saves. Regardless, that has little to do with the case at hand.

Even if people aren't paying the proper taxes they should, Obama had a budget and had to redistribute it. If schools don't have money for proper meals, it's not just because someone didn't pay their taxes, but because schools are underfunded. And even if that's a consequence of people not paying enough taxes, it's directly caused by budgeting problems. Which Obama should've solved, and didn't.
    Someone doesn't know how federal budgeting works...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    Lol! Because Melania is better?

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Can't say I know a great deal about Michelle Obama as I'm over in sunny ol' England.

Does someone want to share what she's done to have such a big impact and why so many liberals believe that she'd make such a great POTUS?
    She made a great video for Ethan Klein from h3h3 which brings many top keks every video from h3h3productions

other than that, shes basically like every other first lady. Does charity shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    She was a fine first lady. I'm not exactly sure why people think she would be a good president though. But then again, we have Trump, so it's pretty clear that reason has already absconded.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    You're right, it should be acceptable to call Obama a "brown monkey," right?
    If he intentionally colored his skin brown sure. But seeing as trump spray tans himself orange and obama does not spray tan himself brown. I think we both know your comment was pretty fucking stupid now don't we.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    She was a fine first lady. I'm not exactly sure why people think she would be a good president though. But then again, we have Trump, so it's pretty clear that reason has already absconded.
    I mean trump was elected by our uneducated masses, setting the bar so low I dare say the presidency is no longer a prestigious position.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    If he intentionally colored his skin brown sure. But seeing as trump spray tans himself orange and obama does not spray tan himself brown. I think we both know your comment was pretty fucking stupid now don't we.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean trump was elected by our uneducated masses, setting the bar so low I dare say the presidency is no longer a prestigious position.
    I thought he won because the voters were educated by the Russians?

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    I thought he won because the voters were educated by the Russians?
    I mean if you mean by educated, will believe anything they read all while claiming the news is lying to them. Then yes they're educated :P

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I mean if you mean by educated, will believe anything they read all while claiming the news is lying to them. Then yes they're educated :P
    This is so hypocritical it's hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    This is so hypocritical it's hilarious
    Hypocritical and republican are interchangeable.