Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Brexit was a great thing.

Every metric has shown improved quality of life and future for the native British people.
    Please, back it up
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

I don't think it's going to be a easy issue to fix in some areas. Ask a Democrat what issues they are willing to give up or let slide for now and you'll probably get the answer of "NONE!' And the same answer will be giving for a Republican. Maybe the last 8 years have taught people to dig in and plan to lock horns on whatever it is you believe. That there can't be any middle ground. Add to that both sides talking extremely poorly about the other side and a country divided is where we'll be for a while.

Who knows, we may have to fight another civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Who knows, we may have to fight another civil war.
    And just what would that war be about?

Americans tend to be hyper partisan on internet forum and twitter, in real life, at work or at home? Not so much.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And just what would that war be about?
    I imagine if it got to that point, a mix bag of social issues of the various rights groups and pay inequality\living conditions

I imagine if it got to that point, a mix bag of social issues of the various rights groups and pay inequality\living conditions
    I was thinking more like Class warfare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't blame people who reject conservatism when the official GOP platform would cause mass harm to US citizens, not to mention the presidential candidate they propped up is on tape gleefully bragging about sexually assaulting young girls and women and again multiple times about how he would fuck his own daughter "if he could." Did I mention he was forced to settle out of court after beating and raping his first wife?

Republicans may love all this shit but again, you can't blame most US citizens for rejecting it outright.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Every metric has shown improved quality of life and future for the native British people.
    I'm not sure you will be able to back up that claim.

This is all part of the drama queen drivel. You want so bad to be right that it hasn't even happened yet and you're claiming victory. The true trait of the passive/aggressive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Everything does.

Eating a potato chip could end man kind.
    no. It couldn't. Let's reign in the drama queen.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to echo what I said in another thread, about how the whole fake news has inflated the partisan BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    I have to agree, any sort of dialogue between Americans of two political parties has just became a standstill thanks to the fake news BS:

Ex 1.
    Democrat:
    Trump's cabinet picks have some ulterior motives, here's why: *Links CNN article*

Republican:
    Wrong. CNN has had some fake news in the past, so it's clearly all fake news. Not reading.

Democrat:
    Fuck you.

Republican:
    Fuck you too.

Ex 2.

Republican:
    Obamacare needs to go ASAP because of these reasons: *links Fox News Article*

Democrat:
    I'm not reading Fox News because they've had some fake news in the past, so everything they post clearly must be fake news.

Republican:
    Fuck you.

Democrat:
    Fuck you too.

The point is that the whole fake news fiasco has become a reason for both right and left wing people to stay in their safe spaces and continue to spread toxic partisan bullshit because they now refuse to even look at articles with opposing viewpoints. And to make it even worse, they act like their side are a bunch of golden paragons and refuse to acknowledge that there are a lot of legitimate flaws in their preferred sources.

Just look back at this one thread, with multiple people saying Fox/Brietbart/Infowars get it right 100% of the time, or saying that Brietbart is Alt-Right propaganda, and that HuffPo is legit journalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakred View Post
    This is all part of the drama queen drivel. You want so bad to be right that it hasn't even happened yet and you're claiming victory. The true trait of the passive/aggressive.

- - - Updated - - -

no. It couldn't. Let's reign in the drama queen.
    Sure it could. What if a man who ate that potato chip was in charge of a nuclear reactor had a heart attack at the exact moment a extremely delicate task was being preformed. This triggered a blast that was mistake for a enemy attack that in turn started a nuclear war. Man kind wiped out by potato chip!

My point was that focusing on the "ultimate nightmare" scenario is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I was thinking more like Class warfare.
    Well, that's part of what I meant with the pay inequality. It's probably a more likely driver of an actual war. At the same time, I think we're reaching a place were the country is becoming very polar in terms of beliefs. Religion being one of those shining areas. People are no longer just "not religious" but are becoming more and more outspoken against religion to include the name calling and insults (and this isn't even against Islam). The continual us against them keeps things ramped up.

The question that will eventually be answered is how polar are we really versus how polar we think we are or how polar it feels. My advice to most people is skip al the political talks shows for a while. I think both sides bias isn't not good for the population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Source? 10char
    He is American, they know everything.

Well, that's part of what I meant with the pay inequality. It's probably a more likely driver of an actual war. At the same time, I think we're reaching a place were the country is becoming very polar in terms of beliefs. Religion being one of those shining areas. People are no longer just "not religious" but are becoming more and more outspoken against religion to include the name calling and insults (and this isn't even against Islam). The continual us against them keeps things ramped up.

The question that will eventually be answered is how polar are we really versus how polar we think we are or how polar it feels. My advice to most people is skip al the political talks shows for a while. I think both sides bias isn't not good for the population.
    Not seeing the religion part much.
    I am seeing the class anger part a lot though. (The Pitchforks are coming for us plutocrats)

People need to stop being raging drama queens. This election has made something crystal clear. Politics have become a sport for many Americans. it was never about the actual issues for many. It's about "MY SIDE WINNING, YOUR SIDE LOSING!". And anyone who claims to be a patriot would be more concerned with stopping the petty drama queen bullshit. And crying about liberals and conservatives. Trump could go against every campaign promise, could have his tax returns hacked and find out he hasn't been paying taxes, and his supporters would still line up to cuck. Because reality matters for nothing. It's all about people feeling good because they thought they've won.
    There's definitely a lot of "politics as a sport" thing going on, but I think the bigger issue is that issues that used to be bipartisan no longer are. Hell, you know how much of an issue it is to get someone on the right to say Nazis are bad nowadays?

Edit: Also, this, sadly, isn't an issue solely in the U.S. A LOT of this is happening in Europe and Australia, too.

- - - Updated - - -

What is it you are asking us to talk about here.

Also no cracking down hard on Islam isn't something Isis loves even if they tell you that themselves...
    By that logic, we shouldn't believe them when they take credit for any attack.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    I'm going to echo what I said in another thread, about how the whole fake news has inflated the partisan BS.
    This is a pretty fair assesment of things--kudos
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure it could. What if a man who ate that potato chip was in charge of a nuclear reactor had a heart attack at the exact moment a extremely delicate task was being preformed. This triggered a blast that was mistake for a enemy attack that in turn started a nuclear war. Man kind wiped out by potato chip!

My point was that focusing on the "ultimate nightmare" scenario is silly.
    You are not focusing on nightmare scenario, but unlikely ones. What you are actually saying, is that a chip killing you is unlikely. He disagrees on there being damage, not that the damage wouldn't be a nightmare.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Were not divided though. That is just internet drama bullshit.

I work with a pretty diverse staff, I live in a somewhat at least politically diverse area and I have a large family which is also diverse in their political ideas. Literally no one is tearing themselves apart or going crazy or spazzing out or exploding in emotional turmoil and obsessing about being "divided".

If you truly want to stop the country from this online boogeyman scare called "being divided" stop talking about it.
    Politics does not hold as much sway in people's live as they make it online, but there is a very deep divide in this country people just don't talk about it. This has been the most divisive election in our lifetime and it is very unlikely people will be able to discuss politics the same way again.

I am very familiar with that paradigm since I am an Atheist from a deeply Christian family.

People need to stop being raging drama queens. This election has made something crystal clear. Politics have become a sport for many Americans. it was never about the actual issues for many. It's about "MY SIDE WINNING, YOUR SIDE LOSING!". And anyone who claims to be a patriot would be more concerned with stopping the petty drama queen bullshit. And crying about liberals and conservatives. Trump could go against every campaign promise, could have his tax returns hacked and find out he hasn't been paying taxes, and his supporters would still line up to cuck. Because reality matters for nothing. It's all about people feeling good because they thought they've won.

People better realize this before it's too late. Because putting fellow countrymen into a category that separates them from you is playing right into their enemies hands. ISIS loves it when 2 dudes get kicked off of an airplane because other passengers aren't comfortable with them speaking Arabic. But people are too dense to realize this.
    This is why I detest extremest democrats and republicans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    This is why I detest extremest democrats and republicans.
    That's some serious self-hate you got going on there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    I am very familiar with that paradigm since I am an Atheist from a deeply Christian family.
    I share your pain, it's hard to even try to talk sense or objective reality to the obstinately, willfully ignorant.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov