Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Actually we do know, he didn't. He mocked him for changing his story (which is clearly proven) in what appears to be in a specific way to make Trump look bad. Because the reporter has a disability that should make him immune from criticism? It's ok to mock Ted Cruz in this way but not the reporter?
    What did Trump shacking have to do with changing a story? Last I checked, conveying the point you claim, has no requirement to shake while doing it. Yes, he mocked him for lying, while instead of focusing solely on the lie, he chose to do the shake. The issue is his tact...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    What? If you don't think that is an example I'm not sure there is help for you. Although that has already been concluded from most of your previous posts.
    Stating your opinion in public, is the same as paying off politicians? There is nothing wrong with influencing politicians with your voice, that's kinda what all Americans should do.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    I thought her speech was really great, but I know there are quite mixed feelings on celebrities using their platform to voice their own feelings/opinions on some very flammable subjects.

Personally I think if you have such a platform and can use it in a way to better the world in some capacity then do it.
    On what planet did this speech better the world? If she wanted to use that speech time to talk about money she's raise to fight poverty or whatever than yeah that's fine. All she's doing is bitching about the President Elect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    It's simply obnoxious to see these people comment on politics like they're the experts. They look pretty and smile in front of a camera for a living, for god's sake.
    The lack of self awareness is just... marvelous.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

15+ Year Old Account
    On what planet did this speech better the world? If she wanted to use that speech time to talk about money she's raise to fight poverty or whatever than yeah that's fine. All she's doing is bitching about the President Elect.
    So what were the spasms and contortions Trump was doing in the clip?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What did Trump shacking have to do with changing a story? Last I checked, conveying the point you claim, has no requirement to shake while doing it. Yes, he mocked him for lying, while instead of focusing solely on the lie, he chose to do the shake. The issue is his tact...
    Yes but why are you making any connection whatsoever with the shaking? He did it with Cruz AND the reporter in question does not shake when he speaks. In fact, he's perfectly still. So by Trump shaking he's making fun of a disability which he doesn't even have?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    How do you know he didn't? YOU'RE DONALD TRUMP!?
    Because, as I've already explained and showed, he did the same thing when mocking Ted Cruz (and others). There's no link at all between the disability of the reporter and what Trump did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'll accept that he will be president, but I still think he's an infantile, petulant, narcissist. I just wish he'd at least pretend to act the part of President, because as of now he just sounds like some kind of emo teen who just found the internet and that the world doesn't always agree with him. Grow up and do your job...sheesh.
    He promised indisputable evidence that Russia had nothing to do with the election last week. Instead of doing that, he goes off on NBC for leaking the report early and then spends the weekend bitching about Streep?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    When did Trump become a serious contender? Yeah, voting Trump and bitching about celebrities, makes no sense..
    Do you not know who the current POTUS is? LMAO

Oh, I dunno... she is talking abut spreading kindness and love rather than hate and mockery, I would say that if even one person that watched her speech and took some of the positives she was talking about and put it into action in their day to day lives then she's made the world a little better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone makes a humanitarian speech and you get triggered while defending anything Trump does?

I mean you've pretty much made it clear it's perfectly OK to mock someone's physical impairment because he did it to someone without an impairment in the past. Maybe the issue isn't Streep -- maybe it's folks who think their beloved God Emperor can do no wrong.

Maybe you need to change that picture of Panarin to Putin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually we do know
    Yep, he was obviously mocking a disabled reporter by mimicking his disability.

No matter how disingenuous trumpsters get, objective reality and fucking video evidence tell a completely different story.

Sorry, champ
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    I thought her speech was really great, but I know there are quite mixed feelings on celebrities using their platform to voice their own feelings/opinions on some very flammable subjects.

Personally I think if you have such a platform and can use it in a way to better the world in some capacity then do it.

What are your views on celebrities using their celeb status as a platform? And your general thoughts about what she speaks about in her speech?

Speech:
    Well, she's a great actor, but didn't Trump do the same thing in the end?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Someone makes a humanitarian speech and you get triggered while defending anything Trump does?

I mean you've pretty much made it clear it's perfectly OK to mock someone's physical impairment because he did it to someone without an impairment in the past. Maybe the issue isn't Streep -- maybe it's folks who think their beloved God Emperor can do no wrong.

Maybe you need to change that picture of Panarin to Putin.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Your post, summarized: Meryl Streep's opinions don't matter any more than some random Joe's, she needs to stop acting like they do.

My post, summarized: A celebrity just won the Presidency off of publicly stating his opinions like they matter more than the other guys', so I wouldn't be so quick to jump on that bandwagon.

What's not to get?
    Is she running for President? I don't recall Trump giving his political opinions at award ceremonies, there is a time and place for your soap box and that wasn't it. It's like that time Madonna decided to get on her soap box to ran about Bush and she got booed, no one want to hear that shit. People watch entertainment to get away from that kind of talk not get subjected to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but why are you making any connection whatsoever with the shaking? He did it with Cruz AND the reporter in question does not shake when he speaks. In fact, he's perfectly still. So by Trump shaking he's making fun of a disability which he doesn't even have?
    Yes, because last I checked, when you insult people while showing convulsions, the fact that the target of reticule doesn't actually have them... has no impact on what he was making fun off... if I called you disabled for being a liar, I am not insulting the disabled?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Just because it matters doesn't mean I want to hear about it. Celebrities are celebrities because people like hearing from them in some fashion. If they only like their work but not their personal views then just only watch movies they're in.
    Celebrities are celebrities because most people are sheep and worship them. Ooo you can sing or act good that men's you're more important than someone who actually contributes to society!

Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    Americans elected a reality tv star, cant be tellin actors to stay outta politics now.
    What are you doing using all the commonsense talk. Easy there, that logical line of reasoning might cause a problem.

Remember these are people that have "ZERO" critical reasoning skills. At the point in his presidency, his followers (yes followers, you aren't anything else or more) are both rabidly enthralled with the guy (he's just like me!! Minus the Business degree, silver spoon, millions in family assets, television and movie career and massive portfolio of real estate...)but he said he loves (insert that one thing you center your life around) or deluded by what he represents...."THE POLITICAL OUTSIDER!!! dun-dun-DUUUHHHH!!!" This last one equates to hiring someone with zero clue on what to do (but, sure by into the rhetoric that they got it in the bag) and hoping for a miracle.

We're going to be in it for the long haul...and by we, I mean the rest of country that has never bought into either hype(bole) or mob mentality. Cooler heads prevail, stand-up for what's right, even if it isn't right for you ALONE.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

She's abusing her mic time, to speak of something completely irrelevant to the Golden Globes, getting abit tired of celebs who wanna make the world aware of their political stance, I care as much as I care about Justin Biebers political stance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Do you not know who the current POTUS is? LMAO
    Yes, a joke from the Simpsons, even 80s SNL, wrestle mania and many other celebrity events. Just because you elected a fool, doesn't mean he is no longer a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Celebrities are celebrities because most people are sheep and worship them. Ooo you can sing or act good that men's you're more important than someone who actually contributes to society!
    Those things contribute to society.