Thread: Bm patch notes

Bm patch notes

So they buffed every single talent that we DON'T use in a raid enviroment? Lol... clueless...

Because they want people to use different talents.

I know right, who would have thought a balance patch would try to balance talents LUL

What that means though is we received no "buffs" , only more options to do the same damage/dps. Wouldn't really consider that a "buff"

Deleted
    Bm is powerful enough in 7.1.5,probably better then MM for many bosses due to its mobility.
    Ubshould probably play the spec u have the most legendaries for in NH, MM will likely only be slightly better then BM with the boots.

Deleted
    The 80% buff to Barrage. Is that to the current ST value which then goes AoE only or is that to the AoE value? As i know which one wouldn't suck...

I guess by "balance patch" I thought they meant they would balance classes dps in regards to one another. Not balance unused talents up to par with what we already used. I'm assuming nothing will change with most of our talent choices because of how they work mechanically, not just the raw damage. So it just seems like alot of waste in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    The 80% buff to Barrage. Is that to the current ST value which then goes AoE only or is that to the AoE value? As i know which one wouldn't suck...
    Per the notes Barrage does equal damage to everyone. target requirement has been removed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by palthis View Post
    Per the notes Barrage does equal damage to everyone. target requirement has been removed.
    Yeah i know that... but seeing as it currently has 2 damage amounts, which one is being buffed by 80% and used as equal damage? My post was pretty clear about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    Yeah i know that... but seeing as it currently has 2 damage amounts, which one is being buffed by 80% and used as equal damage? My post was pretty clear about that.
    You seem confused, and I'm not sure why. Barrage no longer (as of 7.1.5) deals double damage to the targeted mob, so it only has one damage value, and that is/was it's old lesser aoe damage value. That value was increased by 80%.

But it doesn't matter anyway, you guys might want to take another look at Azor's guide as he's pushed updates on it in the last couple hours (still subject to change as blizzard really fucked up the patch notes). But anyway, looks like you'd still never take barrage as BM, as AMOC for ST and Volley (which was also buffed) for AOE seems the go to now.

Also, it looks like Blink Strikes completely overtook Bestial Fury for all situations, which is nice. Would much rather have that talent on all the time anyway for obvious target swapping reasons, plus it's a huge buff to BM AOE as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    You seem confused, and I'm not sure why. Barrage no longer (as of 7.1.5) deals double damage to the targeted mob, so it only has one damage value, and that is/was it's old lesser aoe damage value. That value was increased by 80%.

But it doesn't matter anyway, you guys might want to take another look at Azor's guide as he's pushed updates on it in the last couple hours (still subject to change as blizzard really fucked up the patch notes). But anyway, looks like you'd still never take barrage as BM, as AMOC for ST and Volley (which was also buffed) for AOE seems the go to now.

Also, it looks like Blink Strikes completely overtook Bestial Fury for all situations, which is nice. Would much rather have that talent on all the time anyway for obvious target swapping reasons, plus it's a huge buff to BM AOE as well.
    Blink strikes is viable?

Well Ho-lee-fuck that's nice.

I think that it is safe to say now that BM is balanced around having at least 2xT19. I think that this is the strongest tier bonus I have ever seen, and I played elemental shaman at T12.

Barrage is worth taking in skittish week for BM now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsey View Post
    I think that it is safe to say now that BM is balanced around having at least 2xT19. I think that this is the strongest tier bonus I have ever seen, and I played elemental shaman at T12.
    Then you didn't play HFC with MM 4pc or BRF with BM 2pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    Id take it easy with that prediction atm, but BS will probably be worth on more cases now.
    BF with 4set :d

Just as I suspected. Most bm hunters are reporting negligible dps gains if any at all. And Sims show us as being dead last in dps in the grand scheme of classes. All these so called "buffs" are really just putting crap talents on par with already used talents so really we received nothing as far as improvements. GG