Thread: RIP Rated PvP

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    where are the ww/dh/rogue nerfs? /sad fury player triggered.

The delusion and ignorance of some players disgusts me.

Just don't play it if you don't like arena.
    <inactive>

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post

[*]Better balance(?): This part is completely ridiculous. I've had some concerns when Blizzard told us that there wouldn't be any PvP gear anymore and every gear will be viable for every type of content. Now this idea is completely retarded if you ask me as it creates a correlation between the accomplishments of PvE and PvP players (which is bound to create lots of butthurt) and it turned out that most professional PvP players actually did play PvE to obtain better gear for PvP which is perfect proof that templates fail miserably in this regard.
    How does this exactly work? The way i tought it worked is that PVE gear (or PVP gear for that matter, which still excists) works only for World PVP, i don't see alot of Pro PVPers Wpvping when i watch streams where they could get great benefit from that PVE gear supposedly, its nearly always Arena's except for the odd PVP action when they do some WQ's.

And that templates work in all other instances of PVP (rated or not) and therefore PVE gear has no influence there (except for the small % boost to the templated stats that ilvl increase gives). Which in turn can be accomplished by both PVP and PVE gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    And that templates work in all other instances of PVP (rated or not) and therefore PVE gear has no influence there (except for the small % boost to the templated stats that ilvl increase gives). Which in turn can be accomplished by both PVP and PVE gear.
    Most PvP players do not stream their activities. And stop calling it "the small %", it's noticeable alongside Artifact Power and has a huge impact. And while in theory some of it is able to be gained in PvP it is not viable. You are far more limited in how much gear you can obtain in PvP, you are far more bound by RNG, you need to put in far more effort to raise your ratings.

PvE is all around easier, faster and more reliable for gearing and AP power farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    The delusion and ignorance of some players disgusts me.

Just don't play it if you don't like arena.
    This actually, makes it hard to put you down on either side of the argument. It could be read as both telling people to take a hike who are critical of the current state of arena or those who think it doesn't matter because f*ck arena/pvp?
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2017-01-09 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    This actually, makes it hard to put you down on either side of the argument. It could be read as both telling people to take a hike who are critical of the current state of arena or those who think it doesn't matter because f*ck arena/pvp?
    But he/she is still kinda right. Blizzard doesn't pay much attention to forums (actual feedback). They'll most likely look at the numbers and say it was a success or a failure. Perfect example was Trashran were they forced us to play it (for that sweet extra item once a week or the BiS trinket) which of course caused lots of players to play Trashran. Because of that Holinka called it a success even though that is an obvious circular reference. This is a perfect display of how lazy Blizzard operates when it comes to balancing/"improving" this game and how they communicate with us.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2017-01-09 at 11:35 PM.

But he/she is still kinda right. Blizzard doesn't pay much attention to forums (actual feedback). They'll most likely look at the numbers and say it was a success or a failure. Perfect example was Trashran were they forced us to play it (for that sweet extra item once a week or the BiS trinket) which of course caused lots of players to play Trashran. Because of that Holinka called it a success even though that is an obvious circular reference. This is a perfect display of how lazy Blizzard operates when it comes to balancing/"improving" this game and how they communicate with us.
    I played Ashran a lot even thoug I don't do rated PvP. It was a deeply flawed zone, but I did play it a lot.

What Ashran had that current PvP doesn't have was good rewards for very casual players. PvPers got screwed over this expansion by Blizzard's decision to remove PvP as a gearing pathway for PvE.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I played Ashran a lot even thoug I don't do rated PvP. It was a deeply flawed zone, but I did play it a lot.

What Ashran had that current PvP doesn't have was good rewards for very casual players. PvPers got screwed over this expansion by Blizzard's decision to remove PvP as a gearing pathway for PvE.
    Content shouldn't be designed as a pathway for gear. Content should be meaningful and fun to play. If you release a heavily flawed feature (blizzard always does that) and don't keep your promises (check out what was planned for Ashran originally) then oblige the players to use this feature on a regular basis only to say "It was a success because many people used it."
    then it's either deeply flawed logic or a shameless deception.
    Either way I didn't enjoy to play Trashran yet I had to in order to have the best possible gear progression. Another fun fact about Ashran:
    Back in the day people (the actual PvP players) complained about the RNG nature of the Ashran/RBG Box. What's the logical consequence Blizzard draws from these complaints? Exactly. Make all PvP gear only obtainable via RNG loot.
    The more I check out these forums and participate in these kinds of threads the more I get the feeling that I'm just done with this game.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2017-01-10 at 02:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Another fun fact about Ashran:
    Back in the day people (the actual PvP players) complained about the RNG nature of the Ashran/RBG Box. What's the logical consequence Blizzard draws from these complaints? Exactly. Make all PvP gear only obtainable via RNG loot.
    The RNG loot in Ashran and '3 Wins a Week' RBG in WoD was fully intended - to acclimate players to the idea of the all-RNG they had planned later for Legion. Why? Because RNG keeps you grinding longer = longer subs, while not having to create new PvP instances, achieves, rewards that would keep you in the game too and would be more fun but would cost Blizz some overhead.

That equates to raw fucking profit, or trying to make up for sub losses they had already projected.

They plan these things way in advance of the current xpac or next one. Why do people think they intentionally brought in a pack of D3 RNG-worshippers to work on WoW, and put the long-time WoW people on Overwatch? That wasn't some oh...um...woops! incompetence or Blizz being lazy. It's moving the game to where they want it to go, while keeping their newest successful title going smoothly.

Blizzard pretty much is pissing on pvpers at this point without a courtesy of calling it rain, the mess with the titles from Legion S1 is just dumb, so many ppl didnt get their glads +Hero titles and all blizzard said is "we will have titles after holidays" now its "we will have titles in several weeks". GG blizzard just GG.

Deleted
    gearing up in pvp is 9-5 job, at least
    not going to happen

7+ Year Old Account
    Delete arena!!!