Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Blizzard team has undergone "restructuring"

https://twitter.com/devolore/status/818592380022423553

First it was training the larger team, then it was then it was the holiday season, Blizzcon, delays, and now it's "team restructuring".

In a recent tweet, Lore mentions that the sloppy patch notes release was due to "team restructuring", and he anticipates that future patch notes will be "MUCH better".

Do you believe that this team restructuring will improve communication with the community? Or will things remain at the status quo? Personally I'm a bit sceptical.

Meh, people some how imagine companies are perfect, forget the fact that none of them are.

Business is chaos 24/7 it's amazing that anything gets done.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    they communicate plenty already don't know why people want to know every time a dev takes a shit.

Restructuring what?

Their big name departures happened months ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    https://twitter.com/devolore/status/818592380022423553

First it was training the larger team, then it was then it was the holiday season, Blizzcon, delays, and now it's "team restructuring".

In a recent tweet, Lore mentions that the sloppy patch notes release was due to "team restructuring", and he anticipates that future patch notes will be "MUCH better".

Do you believe that this team restructuring will improve communication with the community? Or will things remain at the status quo? Personally I'm a bit sceptical.
    I don't buy it.

They know this patch will not be well received tomorrow and a lot of info is missing from the patch notes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never understand why devs MUST (according to someone) have to do this much with the community, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Restructuring what?

Their big name departures happened months ago.
    It takes a LOT of time to hire and train people.

Sounds like the failures of WoD and legion finally caught up to someone

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    I'd just like to back this up, I'm a software dev IRL and new hires aren't even productive for their first 12mo

They are not training new people to compile patch notes. And you don't need much training to make patch notes. P.S. Lore and Celestalon are in charge of patch notes compilation.

Coming from Valve games it's a bit funny to me in general when people say Blizzard doesn't communicate. You have no idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are not training new people to compile patch notes. And you don't need much training to make patch notes. P.S. Lore and Celestalon are in charge of patch notes compilation.
    With restructuring things get hectic and some tasks get left behind.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    With restructuring things get hectic and some tasks get left behind.
    Patch notes compilation should be top of the list...not teaching the new hires how to make coffee.....

Patch notes compilation should be top of the list...not teaching the new hires how to make coffee.....
    Patch notes for most companies are near the bottom of the list. A lot of games don't even offer patch notes at all.

Deleted
    Not to type patch notes no. We replaced our entire accounting team in a day, and we had no issues with them, 0 mistakes made.

It seems blizzard is hiring inexperienced employees in general, you kinda notice it in their GM service lately, all rookies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Restructuring is not always a sign of layoffs.

To be honest, World of Warcraft had a thorough change in leadership in less than a year. It is likely that they are adapting to a somewhat new team, which is why things feel in limbo right now.

We'll know what's going on in a few weeks, but I wouldn't worry about it, sincerely.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like someone quit or got fired. They've never been good at getting the patch notes out promptly before, i don't expect it to be any different in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Not to type patch notes no. We replaced our entire accounting team in a day, and we had no issues with them, 0 mistakes made.

It seems blizzard is hiring inexperienced employees in general, you kinda notice it in their GM service lately, all rookies.
    They don't have people typing patch notes. They have each individual in each team send a condensed version of what they've done within 7.1.5 and then send it to their leads, who then compile the whole list and sends it to a CM, who then format everything together.

The reason why the patch notes didn't come earlier is not because of incompetence but because the restructuration is probably eating all their time. Patch notes are secondary in this case.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I'll never understand why everything has to be such a grand conspiracy these days. Maybe, and most likely, restructuring did actually happen.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Patch notes for most companies are near the bottom of the list. A lot of games don't even offer patch notes at all.
    That isn't true at all, because it is the singular standard across all Blizzard games or was because WoW is falling behind compared to Overwatch or Starcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont read that as dev team restructuring but as the CM team. Could just be me thought