Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Is there a TL;DR version? Or should I just skip this thread?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

It's not time to remove pvp, but arena needs to be canned. I'm an old school pvper, and the crap they have now is rediculous. You might as well not even step in arena if you aren't a ret pally, DH, DK, or monk. It's the most lopsided I've ever seen PvP in all my years. I think it's time to change up the system. Half of the BGs need to be canned too. How about a nice update to AB, AV, WSG?? Keep things simple. Lets really get back to world PvP. You want world pvp? provide rewards to do it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Is there a TL;DR version? Or should I just skip this thread?
    It's time to remove ARENA. part 2

The existence of arena only bothers those who have tried it and failed. The bruises on their egos never fully healed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    1. Arena Has Never, Ever Been Good. Period.

2. Arena Skill And Balance Is A Myth

3. Ratings Are Bad For The Community

TL;DR op version:
    It's time to remove ARENA
    Horrigan's OP
    Point 3 is wrong. Points 1 and 2 are partly true - because Blizzard have been doing a bad job (particularly in Legion).

Not sure who the fuck is Horrigan.

- - - Updated - - -

Followed the link and found that Horrigan is a random duelist. OK.

Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    The existence of arena only bothers those who have tried it and failed. The bruises on their egos never fully healed.
    this is the only be the only real reason these guys want it gone. It's existence invalidates how great they say they are, so it must go!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I sometimes think with Blizzards ghost changes to the game like the recent require 50 3v3 wins to even be counted as the total % for titles not to mention faction adjustments (just so you know how it worked previously from S1 through now: anyone who hit 1000 rating it lumped into the ACTIVE arena % when giving out titles, all you had to do was win 50 games with a decent group and you'd pretty much always get Challenger) - but now with Blizz making so many changes to PVP, with so many things in PVE really and honestly being EASIER to do that rated pvp for ilvl/etc... You pretty much PVE most of the time to even gear for PVP... not to even mention that 35+ AP releasing today... the pvp scene is looking pretty rough.

I really hope Blizzard giving out titles, and some hotfix's make up for all of the shit they've been doing to our small part of the game.. or I forsee pretty much everyone quitting RATED arena.

OT btw.. It's never going to happen. Arena has been in for WAY too long - Blizzard just needs to fix their shit so that we can get back to arena like it used to be.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    OT btw.. It's never going to happen. Arena has been in for WAY too long - Blizzard just needs to fix their shit so that we can get back to arena like it used to be.
    It is going to happen. Removing 5v5 is the first step to remove arena.

it was a mistake to make it the main thing.. it should've just been there as something to do while waiting for your BG team to come online.

all they had to do would be to allow players to create their own little tournaments(1v1,2v2,3v3 etc.) and it would probably have been way more liked than it is now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't try to save a necromancer system. Let market clean it away. It would be worse if blizzard saves it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with most of the points in the OP, minus of course the massively disparaging tone and general use of petty name calling.

Arena is horrible. It breeds horrible, toxic attitudes in the game and is a haven for the kind of players that this game can do without. I don't know that I agree that it should be removed entirely, but I am happy to see the rewards removed so that the incentive for people to participate even though they don't like it is taken away.

The thing is that arena is the perfect environment for the classic "bully" type of personality to exist. Putting rewards in arena is a bit like allowing the school bullies to control the entrance to the canteen.

This week, for the first time ever, I did the weekly skirmish event. I did it to get the reward for 10 wins and honestly I have no intention of going back until the next event. I got my 10 wins from probably about 20 matches, but of those I maybe enjoyed about 3-4.

Among the severe problems I encountered:
    1) People were completely antisocial. Most people never said anything. Some people gave out curt instructions. Very few said hi, or tried to co-ordinate anything in a personable manner.
    2) The team disparity was often terrible. I was pugging, and coming against a premade group (you can see when they're all from the same guild) of FotM characters is obviously going to very one sided.
    3) The elitist attitude of some people is just disgusting. Landed up with one group where the healer died about 5 seconds in and spent the time it took for the arena to end insulting the other two of us for how we were the "most useless retards he has ever had seen. rofl". Of course he never bothered to say anything in the 30 seconds while we were waiting to start, nor did he seem to notice that we were up against a clearly premade team...

Another thing I don't agree with is the value of WPvP. I agree that WPvP can be fun, but mostly it's just pathetic. I play on a PvE server and there is a guild on our server who like to camp the Bareback Brawl PvP WQ with a group of 5 players because "it's fun". How exactly ganging up 5:1 on individuals and then smashing them into the ground repeatedly is "fun" I don't really understand. It's like beating kindergarten kids at football.

PvP is fun when you have 2 groups of people who are reasonably evenly matched and both sides want to engage in PvP. It's not fun when there is a vast disparity in strength, for either the group getting beaten or the side doing the beating (unless they are just really immature) or if the one side is not a willing participant. And that is probably one of the biggest problems in arena and WPvP because you'll always get the groups who are immature and want to use whatever method they can to get an advantage of clearly weaker players. Even if it's true that these immature individuals do derive some sort of wierd pleasure from it, I see no reason why the game should in any way try to accomodate this kind of play let alone encourage it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    If we aren't removing LFR we aren't removing arena. Its actually funny how a lot of these things you cite as issues double for LFR on the pve side of the spectrum.
    I think the better comparison would be:
    Remove mythic difficulty!
    - Almost nobody plays it (relative to the whole playerbase)
    - It encourages bug exploiting (as seen in basically every progress race)
    - It has never been balanced and it ruins the balance of dungeons

@cqwrteur: Now here's an idea:
    Let people play what they like and stfu.

"No one play arena these days" ... Great statement ... 0 accuracy
    "Remove Arena" ... And the e-sport of wow will be "Killing low-lvls in Ashenvale"

There are a lot of thins people throw : Remove Arena, Remove LFR, Remove Mythic, Remove Pet-Battles etc. This is the easy and stupid way of improving the game.
    You don't need to remove stuff to make something better . . . And all of these parts of the game are played by a lot (A lot) of people.

I don't think Arena should be removed. But, I think the focus needs to be switched to BGs and World PvP.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

I feel this Horrigan is mad because he couldn't get past 1500 or something. Arenas can be fun, they can be frustrating. They are very "plug and play" (skirmishes anyway) compared to the raids. With updated visuals to some arenas, two new areanas and winning arena skirmishes being apart of the weekly quests, I don't see them going away anytime soon, not to forget unique rewards and the Blizzcon Tournament (I love the tournaments!)

Horrigan clearly has a fetish for large scale PvP, which is fine. However I see it as the same idiocy as someone wanting dungeons removed because raids are where the shit is at, for them.

It is clear however, that Blizzard sometimes is quite clueless with regards to class balance, and the PvP part of the game. Look at how many bgs there are compared to raids, arenas to dungeons. Sad. Sometimes there are clear issues, such as hunters' stampede and warriors' thrist for blood in MoP (I think?) being ridiculously OP before they finally change it, same with the issues not only deliviering the titles but also determining who earned the right title now in Legion S1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

ARENA isn't PVP.
    That's why you need actually fresh air every once in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    I feel this Horrigan is mad because he couldn't get past 1500 or something.
    More like mad because someone in his rbg group called him a dogshitter or whatever and he now needs a safe space which I really don't get the queue up pvp experience should be the perfect solution for those players.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2017-01-10 at 11:13 AM.

@cqwrteur Please grow up or stop posting. And learn to play, find better mates or stop playing arena if you dislike it. MANY others like it and would have quit wow without arena. You're ignorant and delusional if you think that arena is a mini game.
    <inactive>

Deleted
    @cqwrteur Be 100% honest:

Is it because you suck ass?

Are you just not here, like the rest, telling the world the reason why you didnt get world first Helya, is because you didnt get the specific legendary?

7+ Year Old Account
    Let ppl play what they what? Stupid idea. Is that the excuse for ruining leveling and using dailies to fill the role of leveling?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    Yes, while you're at it remove every other minority activity and roleplaying servers. Thank you.
    I'm sorry but one of the biggest realms on EU is a roleplaying realm, roleplayers have massive retention because their reasons for playing are other than gameplay and mechanics. Just wanted to say, since people seem to have this idea that roleplayers are insignificant to WoW.