Poll: Your opinion of the change

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I still don't see how winning 500 BGs is hard. I've done that on at least 3 of my characters according to armory statistics (probably more since I played a lot of BGs in vanilla/TBC.

PvPers can also get 54 traits with effort. Not as fast as those who do mythic +, sure, but nothing stops you from doing that. You can still get artifact power by doing PvP.
    Who said that winning 500 BGs is hard? Here's what I wrote - "No, it's not hard. Neither is getting artifact power. But it is very time consuming and that time is spent doing things you don't want to do." It's right in the text you quote.

I don't care what you have on your characters. Go win 500 MORE BGs. That's the point, that's what the change discussed in the thread does to PVPers. Go and win as many BGs as the time it takes to get from artifact power 34 to artifact power 54. (That's months.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    No, I am saying that same as you want to progress in PVE by doing PVE with ZERO PVP, I want to progress in PVP by doing PVP with ZERO PVE.

Now, stop writing "(so hard!)" and go get these 500 wins, if you still don't see my point. Go get them. No, it's not hard. Neither is getting artifact power. But it is very time consuming and that time is spent doing things you don't want to do.
    Too dumb. PVE is basis of PVP. Even Warcraft 3 and dota have tons of PVE contents.

PVP is the destination of PVE. All good PVP players are PVEers
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-01-10 at 10:44 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    This is not fair to people with alts or new players.

This is a big negative.

If they want add incentive to PVP they need to improve gear rewards so people can work towards something.
    you do know you can instantly get artifact level 22 on an alt now right? so getting over 35 doesent taker that long, and remember each level over 35 is only 0.5%

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flerp View Post
    "Trinkets dropped by Sargeras are now enabled in PvP". Does that sound logical to you?
    no, because one can ONLY BE DONE in pve where the other can be done in pve, pvp, and even fucking pet battles

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Killedbydeath View Post
    Hmmm... second thought...
    Didn't they say traits will go from 3/3 to 4/4 in 7.2(?) ... what if they mean those traits as 35+?
    (It may sounds silly though, because why they would announce it now and not by the time it happens...but still it may be some mistake and something to be about that...just saying).
    Because doing this for the +15% damage and how much life it is (8%?)... it's a bit suicidal.
    yes, 7.2 will add 2 more 3/3 traits, another golden dragon trait, andf all 3/3 will become 4/4 also relics with +2 traits, so yeah it may be for that
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    what is this artifact crap?
    isnst just some % stamina ?
    You get 1% damage and 0.75% stamina as mw up to 34 dont know what happens after that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ahahahahahahahaha, oh god someone shoot me please. What is wrong with Blizzard. This isn't even funny anymore. They wrecked World PvP to the point where it's dead, they smashed random BGs flat and reduced the participation to no end, they wrecked the rewards for all PvP and hammered RBG into the ground and then began to knock out the pillars upholding Arena now this.

Don't give me the whole "ITEM LEVEL DOESN'T MATTER", yes it frigging does. Quite a bit actually. Now with this, it will matter even more. They basically just threw it to the PvE players even harder than before. Remember, all this stuff scales with one another. So a higher item level plus artifact level will help enhance each others impact and both are found more abundantly and easily in PvE.
    yet people act like ilvl matters now way more then it used to... because they seem to forget in here were 10 ilvl was 1% when in earlier expansions 10 ilvl was more of like 20-30%

10+ Year Old Account
    Who said that winning 500 BGs is hard? Here's what I wrote - "No, it's not hard. Neither is getting artifact power. But it is very time consuming and that time is spent doing things you don't want to do." It's right in the text you quote.

I don't care what you have on your characters. Go win 500 MORE BGs. That's the point, that's what the change discussed in the thread does to PVPers. Go and win as many BGs as the time it takes to get from artifact power 34 to artifact power 54. (That's months.)
    It's still a lousy argument considering the fact that you don't need to do PvE to be able to do PvP. Hard to understand?

Anyway, those PvPers who PvP seriously (meaning, rated content) tends to put effort into their characters, so they'll get 54 in no time. In retrospect, the amount of players who have 54 traits now isn't very large. Specially considering only around 100 guilds killed Mythic Helya.

You seem very confident that this will ruin PvP. That obviously means you have concrete evidence that a large part of the current PvP community consists of PvE'ers who has 54 traits in their weapon.

Can you please link me your sources?
    Hi

7+ Year Old Account
    Ppl forget the relationship between PVE and PVP.

A mmorpg game experience is always
    Leveling -> PVE -> PVP

Why are PVE contents always easily drought? Because Arena is cancer and should be removed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    Absolutely terrible. I've been defending the way they've handled PvP this expansion, and with artifact knowledge being buyable up to 15 that fixed many concerns, but this is by far the worst thing they've done. Now farming AP is going to actually be a long and awful grind and will have a huge affect on the power disparity between fresh 110s and fully geared and upgraded 110's. Ruins everything they have been trying to do with gear and templates. Don't understand it.
    well people have allready been complaining that ilvl matters too much in pvp these days and the game was nebver this ilvl dependant in pvp, so i guess blizz just wants to return to old ways because people are more willing to complain "imbalance" when they cant rofl stomp people 20 ilvl below them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Too dumb. PVE is basis of PVP. Even Warcraft 3 and dota have tons of PVE contents.

PVP is the destination of PVE. All good PVP players are PVEers
    stop talking if you are clueless please. almost 0 good pvp players are pvers, and no , pvp destination is not pve , stop getting brainwashed so much.

This is a terrible change for the game but a good change for me so i can actually beat leather melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    It's still a lousy argument considering the fact that you don't need to do PvE to be able to do PvP. Hard to understand?

Anyway, those PvPers who PvP seriously (meaning, rated content) tends to put effort into their characters, so they'll get 54 in no time. In retrospect, the amount of players who have 54 traits now isn't very large. Specially considering only around 100 guilds killed Mythic Helya.

You seem very confident that this will ruin PvP. That obviously means you have concrete evidence that a large part of the current PvP community consists of PvE'ers who has 54 traits in their weapon.

Can you please link me your sources?
    You need to do PVE to be able to PVP, that's true for 90% of the players due to the way ratings work.

There's no "they'll get 54 in no time", we are talking about months.

No, this will ruin PVP not because a large part of the current bla bla bla consists of PVEer with 54 traits, that's a non-sequitur. The change together with other changes will ruin PVP because it forces to do PVE in order to PVP, again (because getting artifact power in PVE is much easier and faster).

You are wrong on everything, that's quite an achievement. You'd be wrong less if you read or thought before hitting reply.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yet people act like ilvl matters now way more then it used to... because they seem to forget in here were 10 ilvl was 1% when in earlier expansions 10 ilvl was more of like 20-30%
    In earlier expansions the whole difference between full conquest (top) and full honor (starter) was 10% give or take.

This change alone is worth 15%. On top of like 25% that we already have.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, I am saying that same as you want to progress in PVE by doing PVE with ZERO PVP, I want to progress in PVP by doing PVP with ZERO PVE.

Now, stop writing "(so hard!)" and go get these 500 wins, if you still don't see my point. Go get them. No, it's not hard. Neither is getting artifact power. But it is very time consuming and that time is spent doing things you don't want to do.
    My philosophy is do the stuff you like doing and don't do the stuff you don't like doing. Optimise what you do by including the fun factor instead of outright ignoring it and trying to optimise purely for time played.

You have a long history mr rda of complaining about how terrible your gaming experience is because of all the stuff you believe you are being forced to do in order to enjoy the game while I have a long history of simply enjoying the game because I do the stuff I like doing. Even if you were right and I was wrong (and no I don't think you're ever right because you're way too extreme in your opinions) at least I enjoy the game I play while you simply seem to be miserable the whole time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Very much depends on expansion. Ilevel has exponentially increased over time. Meaning you gained far fewer ilevels with each tier than you do nowadays.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tasos10 View Post
    stop talking if you are clueless please. almost 0 good pvp players are pvers, and no , pvp destination is not pve , stop getting brainwashed so much.
    clueness. LOL. Tell me why METHOD wins Blizzcon 2016?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tasos10 View Post

Deleted
    Ok ok ok...

The change wouldn't be something...IF it was announced with the first info we got about 715, so that we would put that AP in our MS and not everywhere else.
    There was NO INFO about that change for A MONTH or more...
    SO many people started investing in OSs and Alts....thing that they wouldn't do if the changes wouldn't be announced 1 DAY BEFORE THE PATCH.
    It seems some people are plain bad in understanding things "around them" or plainly leaving in their own fkn worlds...
    People made effort according to what they knew at that time, aka bring more specs to their game...
    If that change was announced a month or 2 before they wouldn't. Now if you don't understand this.... i can't say anything more people.
    You just have a "you putted no effort" for anything, without actually knowing or realising or have a fkn clue what are you fkn saying...
    So at least if you don't have something VALID to say...just don't say shit and gtfo... you are not helping.
    Now if you know and can answer to what that change actually means, because it can be misleading and they may did a mistake or mean something else other than what people here are talking about do it..
    If you don't , don't drop oil to the fire because you'll eventually get fkn burn...
    Utilise your brain and think a bit that it's not an "effort " thing...people invested and put effort BUT based to what they knew about the fkn situation...And the whole change announced yesterday... so it CRAPPED on peoples effort... so shut your fkn hole and start putting effort in utilizing you brains...

7+ Year Old Account
    PVP players always need do PVE contents. All pvp players need do train dummy just like PVE players. So you think train dummy should be removed for PVP players?

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    My philosophy is do the stuff you like doing and don't do the stuff you don't like doing. Optimise what you do by including the fun factor instead of outright ignoring it and trying to optimise purely for time played.

You have a long history mr rda of complaining about how terrible your gaming experience is because of all the stuff you believe you are being forced to do in order to enjoy the game while I have a long history of simply enjoying the game because I do the stuff I like doing. Even if you were right and I was wrong (and no I don't think you're ever right because you're way too extreme in your opinions) at least I enjoy the game I play while you simply seem to be miserable the whole time.
    That's the whole reason you posted - to point out that I am complaining too much? I guess you missed the period where things looked relatively bright and I was praising Blizzard, writing about how maybe things are turning to the better, and I guess you are missing that 99% of my complaints now are about PVP and nothing else - but that's not even important.

Maybe post about the actual change and actual game content, no? Too difficult for you?

7+ Year Old Account
    Game should push people do contents or Ppl will have nothing to do and quit.

They have PVE and PVP branches. These are different people.

Like you say, "clueness".

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    I used to help people with this, especially Katmogu. As you often ended up with a completely clueless group of 10 PvE players all just wanting their wins. Given the reaction and behaviour of the PvE community. I'll never bother again.
    Well... and vice-versa.
    I can say the same thing about full PVP geared ppl joining raids. Alot of them have no clue about mechanics and tactics.
    Anyway forcing ppl to do something they do not like is... bad idea.

Win five hundred BGs and get 2400 in 3v3 of the current season in order to enter Nighthold. What, you don't want that? Gee, you are just lazy and don't want to put an effort.

GTFO
    Comparing something relatively easy (but very time consuming) such farming M+ to high arena rating... Yeah...
    You are not forced dear PVP'ers to finish heroic/mythic raid to enter arenas/battlegrounds so please stop using 'earn X in 3V3 to enter Nighthold' argument.

A mmorpg game experience is always
    Leveling -> PVE -> PVP
    Not for me.

Why are PVE contents always easily drought? Because Arena is cancer and should be removed.
    Oh wait... Are you the guy who started like 2-3 threads about 'Arena should be removed' or something?

This is sponsored team. They play to win stuff and not for having fun. Thats their job.