Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

What relics after 7.1.5 MA nerf for Sin?

So for those who don't know MA now reduces the CD of Vendetta by 8secs per rank instead of 10, so 3 MA relics is now 48 seconds instead of 60.

The question is with that in mind is it still worth it to use MA relics in order to keep Vendetta up as much as possible, or is Rupture damage now of more use? Without any MA relics Vendetta is now a 1min 36sec CD instead of 1min, and with 3 relics it's 1min 12sec.

Personally I feel they're still probably better, but the margin is much closer now. Especially since we likely won't be running Exsan there's not a whole lot to line up with Vendetta aside from Vanish. Especially considering Nighthold has a couple good MA relics, it might still be worth using them. I'm not really sure on the math though, but I was curious to see what everyone else thought.

Deleted
    Didnt read that in the patchnotes, why cant blizzard inform us with such a important change early on?
    Its also a pretty minor nerf without any ma relic , 6 seconds higher cd without boots/MA relics.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Personally I feel they're still probably better, but the margin is much closer now. Especially since we likely won't be running Exsan there's not a whole lot to line up with Vendetta aside from Vanish. Especially considering Nighthold has a couple good MA relics, it might still be worth using them. I'm not really sure on the math though, but I was curious to see what everyone else thought.
    Sims still show them as better at equal ilvl. Also note that convergance will bring you back down to just under a minute vendetta cooldown, allowing you to easily line up vanishes again without excessive holding of a cooldown.

The trait has not been nerfed, just the relic.

It's 10/10/10/8/6/4, not 8/8/8/8/8/8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJones View Post
    Sims still show them as better at equal ilvl. Also note that convergance will bring you back down to just under a minute vendetta cooldown, allowing you to easily line up vanishes again without excessive holding of a cooldown.
    but they have to be alot better then the rest because: If they line up with boss fight duration they still very good. if ur unlucky and the fight ends to early on before you can use ur last vendetta they are even more worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart View Post

WHAT the...
    If they wouldve atleast made 10/10/10/10/8/6... or 10/10/10/8/8/4...

Why they are always nerfing so much that things like that are nerfed to the ground.

What the fkn fk is this fkn shit i dont want to play rog anymore

why does blizzard hate rogues so much now? why do they have a vendetta against us (pun intended)?

How is it going to play now? It was so powerful because you could fit in an additional vendetta and still line it up with vanish. Now I feel its going to play really clunky without the boots or NH trinket. It was so much fun the play with 1min vendetta, I am really not looking forward to going back to 1:30 vendettas. Gonna swap off assassination as soon as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart View Post

Well the silver lining for me, at least, is that I played with 2 MA relics (because of boots), which was -20 seconds. Bumping that up to 3 relics in the new system is -18 seconds, pretty close to what I had before.

Of course, everyone without the boots is COMPLETELY FUCKED because their 1 min Vendetta that lined up nicely with Vanish is now a 1:12 Vendetta.

Really fucking ridiculous to sneak something like this in at the last minute, Blizzard. Even last-minute nerfs to spells aren't as bad at this, because you can adjust your playstyle at any moment. Not everyone can just magically get 3 good relics in the space of a week, though. Here, you've effectively told Rogues "hope you had some backup relics in the bank otherwise GET FARMING LOL" with 1 week before the release of a raid.

Utterly ridiculous.
    Last edited by Won7on; 2017-01-10 at 03:12 PM.
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a great news ... It means exsang with rupture relics is probably still competing with AP low vendetta CD build... 3* ma was way way way to valuable ... A relic trait worth about 60 ilvl is a broken relic trait

p.s. i agree the timing and the fact that it's so late (like 2 h before it's going live lol) is pure shit tho.
    Last edited by Kalador; 2017-01-10 at 03:31 PM.

Idk why you're surprised. They want you to pick relics by ilvl, not traits. They did a pass at nerfing some traits earlier in the xpac for some
    Specs exactly because of this.

The timing is awful ofc but, that's what happens when they tried to fit this patch in around holiday vacation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Won7on View Post
    Well the silver lining for me, at least, is that I played with 2 MA relics (because of boots), which was -20 seconds. Bumping that up to 3 relics in the new system is -18 seconds, pretty close to what I had before.

Of course, everyone without the boots is COMPLETELY FUCKED because their 1 min Vendetta that lined up nicely with Vanish is now a 1:12 Vendetta.

Really fucking ridiculous to sneak something like this in at the last minute, Blizzard. Even last-minute nerfs to spells aren't as bad at this, because you can adjust your playstyle at any moment. Not everyone can just magically get 3 good relics in the space of a week, though. Here, you've effectively told Rogues "hope you had some backup relics in the bank otherwise GET FARMING LOL" with 1 week before the release of a raid.

Utterly ridiculous.
    It's more like 2 weeks though before mythic comes out. So there's a pretty high chance you'll get replacement relics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Any source for this information? There is nothing like that in any patch notes, so atm I dont believe they did that.
    If they did, its completely retarded. We just spended half year itemizing and farming gear. And at point when this really matter (next tier opened) they gonna change this relic so its like really bad to stack. 0 time for adapt
    Last edited by Aureli; 2017-01-10 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aureli View Post
    Any source for this information?
    only source i found was a screenshot in a different thread..
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimewave View Post
    This is just hilarious, what a fucking joke of a patch

since this isn't in the patch notes people noticed it when they logged in on the PTR...

Well the trait is pretty much useless for anyone who does not have the boots, theres no point in having a 1.12 secs vendetta CD, better to leave it at 1:30 lining up with every kingsbane. Good news are, no one needs relics anymore it seens, and they drop in droves, so I can probably get 3 from our mythic EN run this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Aureli View Post
    Any source for this information? There is nothing like that in any patch notes, so atm I dont believe they did that.
    If they did, its completely retarded. We just spended half year itemizing and farming gear. And at point when this really matter (next tier opened) they gonna change this relic so its like really bad to stack. 0 time for adapt
    Well, when a new raid comes out everyone is supposed to be changing ALL their gear anyways. So I don't see the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

well now you know how sub rogues feel

plus it wouldve been stupid to have near perma vendetta with the NH trinket
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-01-10 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Well, when a new raid comes out everyone is supposed to be changing ALL their gear anyways. So I don't see the issue.
    The issue is you prepare yourself to be in a good spot to help your raid get quick firs week heroic kills and second week mythic kills and then your preparations goes down the drain cause blizzard knee jerks nerfs a relic 1 minute prior to the patch launching.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Relic isnt just gear, i got tons of gear with different stats in my bag. Its like changing spec from wearing dagger to sword at start of new raid. There is no way to be able react fast enough to that. If it was in patch notes 1month back, people would be prepared. Do that like this is shit.

Anyway I didnt find any kind of confirmation about this, so Im gonna wait until tommorow and if it happens I will just uninstall.

Blizz promised better communication so I hope they didnt secretly nerf somethink thats important like relics.
    Last edited by Aureli; 2017-01-10 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    well now you know how sub rogues feel
    Have you considered playing a different class? Rogue nerfs are bad for all rogues. I have no plans to play Sub and I was still frustrated that Blizzard nerfed it the way they did without fixing its inherent energy regen problem. These weird band-aid fixes didn't work for Outlaw, and I doubt they'll work here other than making it more difficult to sync up Vendetta with our other CDs.

The timing of this nerf is so fucking ridiculous....