Deleted
    In Eichenwalde on attack, we capture the first point almost immediately, one of the opponents leaves and the game is cancelled, why the hell can games cancel after points have been taken?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You are going to find toxicity no matter what and where you play. There was a time when people generally behaved themselves in online games and you could ask how to do something without being told to go fuck your mother but now those 12 year old trash talkers talking about fucking moms have grown up to be the current and largest population of gamers.
    Yeah, I played Ultima Online and WoW in their respective glory days. It's a shame that the anonymity brings out the worst in people. Although, hiding chat has considerably improved my Overwatch experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

The amount you gain or lose is heavily dependent on your personal performance in that particular match. If you're consistently losing more for losses than you gain for wins, it's because you're not performing up to par for your skill rating, and should be downranked.
    Utter rubbish, publish some proof or stop trolling with the same fanboy line you use any discussion. I have lost matches by 3-2 on control points, had 4 golds, and still lost more than I have gained when winning in a similar position.

Heavily.... Note your word, "slightly" would be far more accurate.

The rating system is shit, if you perform well your down rank should be minimal to nothing, it's not your fault you get matched with complete idiots, you shouldn't be penalised for that fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post
    Utter rubbish, publish some proof or stop trolling with the same fanboy line you use any discussion. I have lost matches by 3-2 on control points, had 4 golds, and still lost more than I have gained when winning in a similar position.

The rating system is shit, if you perform well your down rank should be minimal to nothing, it's not your fault you get matched with complete idiots, you shouldn't be penalised for that fact.
    Golds are not an indicator of relative performance for your level, just how you did on your team, in that match.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Golds are not an indicator of relative performance for your level, just how you did on your team, in that match.
    Yep 50+ Elims, 25k + dmg, 20+ obj Elims.. Is a sign of shit performance and deserves a 30+ point drop.

Just like when you get matched with 4 people who all pick widow, hanzo, genji and tracer, you get smashed within 10 minutes and drop 40+ points as you can't even heal because you are killed by a tank within 2 seconds.. Yes that's a brilliant system.

You can't all be losing 9 out of every 10 matches.
    I didn't say I lose 9 of 10 games and didn't want to say that. I'm at ~50% winning/losing.
    I only have like one in ten games with teamplay i.e. grouping up and not rushing in one by one, timing ultimates, focusing the right targets, etc.
    the other games everyone is running alone and bitching where everyone else is when they die instead of waiting/playing defensive

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep 50+ Elims, 25k + dmg, 20+ obj Elims.. Is a sign of shit performance and deserves a 30+ point drop.

Just like when you get matched with 4 people who all pick widow, hanzo, genji and tracer, you get smashed within 10 minutes and drop 40+ points as you can't even heal because you are killed by a tank within 2 seconds.. Yes that's a brilliant system.
    And how much time 'on fire'? That's the stat you want to be working on and doesn't really relate to medals.

And how much time 'on fire'? That's the stat you want to be working on and doesn't really relate to medals.
    Not totally a fair and objective way to determine a lose though, outside the entire back and forth you 2 are having a lose with a crappy team will mean you yourself will do much worse then a team where everybody does what they should be doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Not totally a fair and objective way to determine a lose though, outside the entire back and forth you 2 are having a lose with a crappy team will mean you yourself will do much worse then a team where everybody does what they should be doing.
    Being On Fire though tracks what you're supposed to be doing; making use of your hero's full suite of abilities, being on point, and all the other hero-specific stats like damage blocked, assists etc. It's not just about eliminations and damage or healing. It's a much more reliable indicator of how well you're playing that hero.

You will have matches that are such a stomp you're totally ineffective, but these should average out with others where you completely dominate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Utter rubbish, publish some proof or stop trolling with the same fanboy line you use any discussion.
    In Overwatch, whether your MMR goes up or down is contingent on winning or losing. But there are a number of factors that determine how much that rating goes up or down. For example, what map you’re playing on and whether you were attacking or defending is factored in. We know the win rates on attack/defend on all of the maps and we normalize accordingly. Not all wins and losses are equal. We also look at your individual performance on each of the heroes you played during the match. Everyone has better and worse heroes and we have tons of data showing us what performance levels should be like on those heroes. We also look at your opponents and whether or not their matchmaking rating is higher or lower than yours. These are just a few of the things that are considered when determining how your skill should go up or down.

Emphasis there is mine. That was posted just a couple weeks after launch; this is hardly new information. The other factors are largely normalizing ones; a map that sees more losses than wins will weight your losses or wins accordingly, playing a top-shelf hero that's a little OP on that map means you've got to perform that much better to excel, etc. The one factor YOU control is your own performance.

If you're losing more points for losses than you win for wins, it's because you're not performing as well as you should be. They did have some issues with the transfer from S1 to S2, and too many people got placed into Gold/Platinum, and then scaled down to Silver/Bronze where they should be. That's an issue with the placement, though, from inflated S1 scores, not the ranking system that downranked them.

I have lost matches by 3-2 on control points, had 4 golds, and still lost more than I have gained when winning in a similar position.
    As others have noted, golds just say if you were better than your team, not whether you were better than expected for your skill rating.

The only way that works is if you also gain minimal to nothing for "easy" wins, because your opponents were similarly bad. Which effectively punishes you for playing too well. Which is pretty obviously terrible.

Deleted
    In Overwatch, whether your MMR goes up or down is contingent on winning or losing. But there are a number of factors that determine how much that rating goes up or down. For example, what map you’re playing on and whether you were attacking or defending is factored in. We know the win rates on attack/defend on all of the maps and we normalize accordingly. Not all wins and losses are equal. We also look at your individual performance on each of the heroes you played during the match. Everyone has better and worse heroes and we have tons of data showing us what performance levels should be like on those heroes. We also look at your opponents and whether or not their matchmaking rating is higher or lower than yours. These are just a few of the things that are considered when determining how your skill should go up or down.

Emphasis there is mine. That was posted just a couple weeks after launch; this is hardly new information. The other factors are largely normalizing ones; a map that sees more losses than wins will weight your losses or wins accordingly, playing a top-shelf hero that's a little OP on that map means you've got to perform that much better to excel, etc. The one factor YOU control is your own performance.

If you're losing more points for losses than you win for wins, it's because you're not performing as well as you should be. They did have some issues with the transfer from S1 to S2, and too many people got placed into Gold/Platinum, and then scaled down to Silver/Bronze where they should be. That's an issue with the placement, though, from inflated S1 scores, not the ranking system that downranked them.

The only way that works is if you also gain minimal to nothing for "easy" wins, because your opponents were similarly bad. Which effectively punishes you for playing too well. Which is pretty obviously terrible.
    I know I perform well, I always kill 2-3 people before dying myself (including healers), I have an avg of 30 Elims per game, I have avg dmg of 24k per game (as soldier).

I get stuck with idiots most of the time and when you do you lose too much for being smashed within 10 minutes. Love how you think you can carry a team on this, it's not possible so you shouldn't be punished for your auto-matched team. I've lost count how many times I match with a diamond carrying a silver, who is literally the worst player ever and you can't win 5 v 6 99% of the time.

I've ended up S1 - 58, then S2 - 2800, then got to 2700 this season and had such a bad run of idiot teams this season I'm down at 2350. So it's nothing to do with incorrect placing in S1.

Again you ignored the point which invalidates your first point, you said heavily, it doesn't mention that anywhere in your reply.

So being on fire is the key? How the fuck do you do that if 5 out of your team pick dps and you then proceed to sit at the chokepoint for 4 minutes then lose.

Widow and ana are alot easier to play when your team is actually keep the enemy away from you. Though my snipe healing with ana sucks right now.
    And i think i figure out the russian lady finally.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    I know I perform well, I always kill 2-3 people before dying myself (including healers), I have an avg of 30 Elims per game, I have avg dmg of 24k per game (as soldier).
    None of this proves anything. You keep focusing on your absolute stats, when what matters is your performance relative to all other players of your skill rating. If you perform better, you'll generally gain more for wins than you lose for losses. And vice versa.

Soldier 76 is a hugely popular hero, and is strong on most maps, meaning it's that much harder to perform exceptionally compared to all other Soldier 76s.

I get stuck with idiots most of the time and when you do you lose too much for being smashed within 10 minutes. Love how you think you can carry a team on this, it's not possible so you shouldn't be punished for your auto-matched team. I've lost count how many times I match with a diamond carrying a silver, who is literally the worst player ever and you can't win 5 v 6 99% of the time.
    And there's just as many times, on average, where your opponent is dealing with that, and you get an easy win. Or both of you are, and it evens out.

I've ended up S1 - 58, then S2 - 2800, then got to 2700 this season and had such a bad run of idiot teams this season I'm down at 2350. So it's nothing to do with incorrect placing in S1.
    When Season 2 started, we had WAY more players in Gold and Platinum than we initially intended, and way fewer in Bronze and Silver. This was the result of how we calculated your initial SR for Season 2. We tried to partially reset player SR at the start of Season 2, but the results were not as we expected. Instead, below-average players started Season 2 at a higher SR than they should have been given their performance in Season 1. This meant that as they played in Season 2, their SR would often drop to a lower value, which didn’t feel great. It also meant that there was a much wider variation of skill in the Gold and Platinum tiers than we wanted. This is something we want to avoid in Season 3.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...ic/20749698219

They've already acknowledged that many people were ranked too highly in Gold and Platinum, and downranked over the season to where they should have started. The issue was the initial placement, NOT the final rank. All you're saying, here, is that you should be down around 2350, and were ranked too highly before.

So being on fire is the key? How the fuck do you do that if 5 out of your team pick dps and you then proceed to sit at the chokepoint for 4 minutes then lose.
    If you're not getting "on fire" status much/for long, you're really not playing as well as you think you are.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Widow and ana are alot easier to play when your team is actually keep the enemy away from you. Though my snipe healing with ana sucks right now.
    And i think i figure out the russian lady finally.

if your team member is ANYWHERE in this triangle,
    he'll get healed.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witcher Arafal View Post

if your team member is ANYWHERE in this triangle,
    he'll get healed.
    This is not actually true, unless you're close enough to not actually need the scope I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is not actually true, unless you're close enough to not actually need the scope I guess.
    Its not true? Are you kidding? That's exactly how the scope works.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    None of this proves anything. You keep focusing on your absolute stats, when what matters is your performance relative to all other players of your skill rating. If you perform better, you'll generally gain more for wins than you lose for losses. And vice versa.

Soldier 76 is a hugely popular hero, and is strong on most maps, meaning it's that much harder to perform exceptionally compared to all other Soldier 76s.

And there's just as many times, on average, where your opponent is dealing with that, and you get an easy win. Or both of you are, and it evens out.

When Season 2 started, we had WAY more players in Gold and Platinum than we initially intended, and way fewer in Bronze and Silver. This was the result of how we calculated your initial SR for Season 2. We tried to partially reset player SR at the start of Season 2, but the results were not as we expected. Instead, below-average players started Season 2 at a higher SR than they should have been given their performance in Season 1. This meant that as they played in Season 2, their SR would often drop to a lower value, which didn’t feel great. It also meant that there was a much wider variation of skill in the Gold and Platinum tiers than we wanted. This is something we want to avoid in Season 3.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...ic/20749698219

They've already acknowledged that many people were ranked too highly in Gold and Platinum, and downranked over the season to where they should have started. The issue was the initial placement, NOT the final rank. All you're saying, here, is that you should be down around 2350, and were ranked too highly before.

If you're not getting "on fire" status much/for long, you're really not playing as well as you think you are.
    There are several sites which you can see your performance, my stats (v's the rest of players) are top 15%. So you, are talking out of your arse.

As I showed I've averaged around 2600 each season, usually I give up once I hit that level as I get into a ELO hell slide, get it back on track then stop playing. Not saying I'm brilliant, but the rating system is rubbish, and this season it's been worse. If you win by stomping you gain fuck all because you can't post good performance because the game is over too quickly, you get a muppet team and lose quickl and again can't post shit because you just die all the time from 2 v 1.

Utter rubbish, if you are on fire as a healer with winston as tank and 4 dps I call bullshit. Similarly good look getting on fire as dps when your Reinhardt charges through a chokepoint into 3 of their players, dies, then rinses and repeats for 4 minutes. I call bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are several sites which you can see your performance, my stats (v's the rest of players) are top 15%. So you, are talking out of your arse.
    I'm not saying "you're a bad player". I'm saying the rating system pulls you toward the balance point where you should be. If that's at 2350, then you're a rank 2350 player, and were ranked too high when you were ranked higher.

Also, most of those sites (masteroverwatch.com for sure) relies entirely on those who put themselves into their system; it isn't tracking ALL players, just players who've been searched for.

As I showed I've averaged around 2600 each season, usually I give up once I hit that level as I get into a ELO hell slide, get it back on track then stop playing. Not saying I'm brilliant, but the rating system is rubbish, and this season it's been worse.
    Apparently you missed the blue post where the Overwatch team admitted that people were rated too highly in Seasons 1 and 2, and the adjustment to a proper ranking point has been painful as a result.

Utter rubbish, if you are on fire as a healer with winston as tank and 4 dps I call bullshit. Similarly good look getting on fire as dps when your Reinhardt charges through a chokepoint into 3 of their players, dies, then rinses and repeats for 4 minutes. I call bullshit.
    What you're describing is a game where you don't show good enough performance to deserve much mitigation in your rating loss. That doesn't mean the system's broken. You'll get matches like that, you'll get others that counter-balance them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying "you're a bad player". I'm saying the rating system pulls you toward the balance point where you should be.
    So people quit or play to lose on my team, therefore I should be lower ranked? That's really specious reasoning...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witcher Arafal View Post
    Its not true? Are you kidding? That's exactly how the scope works.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    In 30 hours playing her, I've missed more than enough shots scoped healing to know it does not. She has generous hit boxes, but not that generous.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-01-10 at 06:36 PM.