Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    To add...

In your first mythic run you ran unleash life on every boss which is bad enough but throughout the 3 mythic bosses you killed you are looking at a combined 16 minutes. You used Unleash Life 11 times....Some fights you only used it ONE TIME. You should've had atleast 60 uses on it. Throughout the 3 bosses if you are going to run unleash life.

To top that off you run Ancestral Guidance but you didn't use it once throughout the 3 kills. Not once when you should've used at least 7.

I have no more interest in reading your logs into more detail at this point you don't know what you are doing and you are holding your guild back. I'm not going to waste my time any further if you don't want to put in your time to research your class with the many many sources at your disposal... You aren't a new player you been on mmo-champ since 2012. Step your cooldown usage first, use the right talents then come back and ask what you can do a little bit differently in your spell rotation then we can be able to help you.

http://www.icy-veins.com/
    https://chainheal.com/

Educate yourself man you are a mythic raider, act like it.
    bruh you need to pipe down theres a reason hes on the forums asking for questions people comee here to do research not talk shit and see whos "totem" is bigger

Quote Originally Posted by grizz92 View Post
    bruh you need to pipe down theres a reason hes on the forums asking for questions people comee here to do research not talk shit and see whos "totem" is bigger
    I have little interest in "piping down" when addressing a mythic raider. Clearly his guild master and officers don't care enough to be firm on their players so I have no problem telling it how it is. When you reach the highest level of content in the game you should want to better yourself and be able to educate yourself based on the many sources of information on the internet to learn at least the basic fundamentals of a class/spec and "piping down" on players isn't going to yield skill level increases in the player base.

Regardless of my tone I still helped the guy more than anyone on this thread but people want to criticize me by saying I wasn't nice enough when i helped him?...And you did what exactly??

I have little interest in "piping down" when addressing a mythic raider. Clearly his guild master and officers don't care enough to be firm on their players so I have no problem telling it how it is. When you reach the highest level of content in the game you should want to better yourself and be able to educate yourself based on the many sources of information on the internet to learn at least the basic fundamentals of a class/spec and "piping down" on players isn't going to yield skill level increases in the player base.

Regardless of my tone I still helped the guy more than anyone on this thread but people want to criticize me by saying I wasn't nice enough when i helped him?...And you did what exactly??
    God, I would just commit suicide if I had your personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackwiches View Post
    God, I would just commit suicide if I had your personality.
    Why are you calling me God? I'm not God just a normal person like you and me but I appreciate the admiration.

hes only 4/7 this late in the raid so hes not a mythic raider while what you were saying may have been true your purpose was not to help him but to bring him down and try to bring yourself up and next time you try to use my lingo learn how to read context clues.

Where is the downvote option in these forums...the manners on some people these days.

My DeviantART: http://hypzone.deviantart.com/ | Requests: Closed

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydozen View Post
    Where is the downvote option in these forums...the manners on some people these days.
    Agreed. Some people just have zero manners or class. Internet warriors that only pipe up and talk shit because they bask in being anonymous and would never speak that way to people in real life.

woow, just woow. some people !
    (not helpfull at all for OP, sorry. I just had to stop by and say.. woow... some people are stupid.)

All the help you need is already been given though. Just gotta apply it.
    Simple and sort of goes without saying but try to time the fight and with that estimation plan your healing cd's.
    If they are already assigned at a certain point of the fight, plan around it ofc.

[QUOTE=Scribbinge;43727014] Cooldown's arent just 'oh shit' buttons, especially with this class.

This comment is pretty important for a Resto Shaman and the first couple of posts are also good information.

If you spec into Chain Heal (there are options to focus single target - that's different) then you aren't designed to top charts when there is little damage going out. We aren't the best class to top people off and if the other healers keep everyone topped off then you have little to do - not worth the snipe healing just to make your numbers look good and heal over the HOTS so when the raid isn't taking lots of damage your HPS drops. For farm type content I spend lots of time doing DPS since the others in my heal team keep everyone topped off just fine - especially at the beginning of most of these fights.

In general though and for non-Farm content your cooldowns are awesome for big raid damage but early in the fight find the places where you can use them for average type raid damage. Use what you have. There are lots of buttons to push.

Use what you have. No reason not to keep Riptide on tanks (and yourself), HST down and Rain down all the time. Use your cooldowns. Don't worry about your HPS if everyone is living but don't let people die with cooldowns available.

Focusing on HPS rankings as a healer isn't too useful of an endeavor compared to equivalent rankings when DPSing. What you need to look at is whether or not people are dying to lack of healing, which is more difficult to judge.

Healing is a collaborative exercise and if one healer is killing it, it's usually at the expense of the others on the heal team since there is only so much damage to go around. Some classes are just very good at sustained spread healing which can top people off very quickly. Raids with two resto druids, for example, suffer from this.

As a resto shaman you're very good at spiking low hp targets back up. When assessing logs, this is what you want to look at. Are you spiking/using CDs at the right time? Are you healing the correct targets at the right moment, instead of meter whoring? Focusing on meters can be dangerous as a healer. That doesn't mean throughput isn't important, but you can make many decisions during triage that can be right while resulting in lower HPS. Example: whole raid is heavily stacked and on 90% HP except one guy, who is on 5%. You could spam some chain heal for numbers, or you could spike the nearly dead target up to save him from dying. The latter approach is likely the correct one in most situations, but that single button press will mean lowered HPS than hitting the chain heal on the stacked group.

Healing is far more art than science and you should assess your log performances in that light.

Deleted

Would you be so kind to link me your logs & character name? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Would you be so kind to link me your logs & character name? Thanks in advance.
    Even if my guild did have public logs (which they dont) and even if i didn't give my account away to a guildy to help the guild compete for realm firsts come NH...I still wouldn't be so kind to give you that. You're welcome.

Deleted
    Even if my guild did have public logs (which they dont) and even if i didn't give my account away to a guildy to help the guild compete for realm firsts come NH...I still wouldn't be so kind to give you that. You're welcome.
    Then stop acting the way you do. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Then stop acting the way you do. Please.
    its a public forum why does the way someone "act" bother you? Just go about your business i wasn't even talking to you...

Go quote the other thousands of people too. Thanks in advance!